+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sc/dom

Default sc/dom

i did about 1200 with necro/dom/archon, and this sc/ele fell a bit short, but here's my first parse just to get an idea. i did this right after i worked out the priority list, so there's room for improvement. mana burned up fast and i had to use pots, but it was manageable. it will be easier on your mana pool in a raid setting.
    http://gyazo.com/aff491273c02c294fb29cf51b20f2647.png

build was: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...MsiudkoMbz.V0z

CDs were Glob(trinket) -> Spit Personality -> Static Discharge

priorities were Hailstrorm > raging > lightning strike > arctic blast > cloudburst

what i'm thinking is we may be able to pull out some decent numbers using BS/AB and dom. besides split personality, this build uses no pet, and has a lot more aoe then the necro/dom build.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

bah.. fail edit timers.

this is the BS/AB build i was thinking.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...o.MsiubkoRbz.V

this should be a great option for those who don't want to be bound to a pet, or are unhappy with the lack of aoe in the necro/dom build. with the use of BS/AB and a cleaned up rotation, this may do the same damage.

Soulwalker

Default More data~

The concept of this build intrigues me. how long with this fight that you pulled 1200 dps? I see great utility in the split personality/discharge, but if its about short term burst, then its more suited to perhaps infiltrator johlens bombs? Did you hold down 1200 consistently for a fight that's say 6 minutes? What is your gear like? If you're over 1100 sp and 900 sc then this number is not surprising as you could get close to this with a standard DPS build in many specs?

Sorry if i'm sounding negative - I like the concept. I'm just trying to get a bit more "data" behind the numbers you're quoting. If you'd like to give it more testing, I'd be glad to take it to raid tonight and test it out!

i was thinking about doing a similar build but i think for the sake of being awesome im just gonna make sure there is 1 SC in my group and he pops Static Right after all my pets are out (DOES INSANE BURST DMG I TELL YOU WHAT)

Im sure this cookie cutter Zoomancer, Necromator or what i like to call "Diablo 2 Rehashed Necromancer Minus Lagging the Games Out" will be nerfed soon.

tee hee
    Last edited by Xplosive; 06-27-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Sydaphex the Wandering Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyn View Post
    The concept of this build intrigues me. how long with this fight that you pulled 1200 dps? I see great utility in the split personality/discharge, but if its about short term burst, then its more suited to perhaps infiltrator johlens bombs? Did you hold down 1200 consistently for a fight that's say 6 minutes? What is your gear like? If you're over 1100 sp and 900 sc then this number is not surprising as you could get close to this with a standard DPS build in many specs?

Sorry if i'm sounding negative - I like the concept. I'm just trying to get a bit more "data" behind the numbers you're quoting. If you'd like to give it more testing, I'd be glad to take it to raid tonight and test it out!
    nah np at all. you can see the time on the top. parse was 5:01.

my stats with the int increase from dom:
    sp: 1146
    crit: 777
    focus is capped of course
    edit: no gear/essence that proc anything

without the amount of ABs that went off in this fight, BS/AB would be a nice dps increase for this build. it should hit about the same as the necro/dom with np. a hell of a lot more effort to play this over the ease of the necro/dom. again, when i parsed this, it was the first attempt after i threw it together. was just checking out the idea.
    Last edited by DaddyDaz; 06-27-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Very very interesting, will definitely test it when I get home, my stats are close to yours I just have around 30 SP lower and abbout 40 crit lower. I'd love for it to be competitive with the nec/dom specs because the utility dom gives paired with SC AoE makes it a winner in fights like Alsbeth.
    Last edited by Oscelot; 06-27-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Shadowlander

Lol I put an SC dom spec together, I need to get parses but I'm barely raid geared

Stats 940 SP
    729 SC (32.64%)
    202 Focus

I dummy parsed about 800 nonbuffed, went into xDSM with some bard buffs and was parsing 977 on Gregori

Figured I'd look on forums to see if there was anything about it

Shadowlander

So it won't let me edit, but I've been using Building Storm/SF and Arctic Blast for 3.2k AB crits

That's pretty mean.. imo

Mana wrench for mana, too
    Last edited by Aithne; 06-27-2011 at 01:21 PM.

i can't run this in a raid setting as we run with more then one stormcaller (so no BS/AB), but has anyone tried this SC/Dom (w/ BS/AB) out yet in raid? was wanting to see how well it scaled with raid buffs compared to the normal zoomancer build.

i have neural pod as a dps loss. i also have thunder blast as a dps loss. this doesn't seem correct though. i have notes prior to 1.3 that had thunder blast as a dps increase with the same amount of points distributed, and with ruffly the same gear. feel like i'm missing something. i guess thunder blast may still be a dps increase when used for quick thinking/lightning strike.

curious about storm shackle as well. 1.8 cast time in raid and has nice base damage, wondering if it's worth it in a raid setting. or would the normal SC aoe do more dps/dpct

i'm thinking mass charged shield gets a dps increase from the SC soul too. not a massive increase by any means, but it's something.

so far though, i'm seeing surprising numbers from this build. i use it when i farm planarite, but i wont use it in a 20 man until they fix the building storms bug. damn they really need to fix that...

Telaran

Looks like an interesting build. Refreshing to see that there are a lot more options other than sc/ele these days.

now if only they would finally make lightning strike an sc skill...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaz View Post
    i did about 1200 with necro/dom/archon, and this sc/ele fell a bit short, but here's my first parse just to get an idea. i did this right after i worked out the priority list, so there's room for improvement. mana burned up fast and i had to use pots, but it was manageable. it will be easier on your mana pool in a raid setting.
    http://gyazo.com/aff491273c02c294fb29cf51b20f2647.png

build was: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...MsiudkoMbz.V0z

CDs were Glob(trinket) -> Spit Personality -> Static Discharge

priorities were Hailstrorm > raging > lightning strike > arctic blast > cloudburst

what i'm thinking is we may be able to pull out some decent numbers using BS/AB and dom. besides split personality, this build uses no pet, and has a lot more aoe then the necro/dom build.

What is your rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkain View Post
    What is your rotation?
    don't really use rotations in this game, but more of an action priority list
    with the first build (w/o BS/AB)
    hailstorm(when target is stationary > raging storms (w/flux for start then turn off) > lightning strke > arctic blast > cloudburst. and keep up ice shear buff (i often refresh while it falls off). also, while RS is on cooldown, i refresh with thunderbolt of course.

with the BS/AB build, it's about the same set of priorities, but i have to watch out for hailstorm as it will jack up my BS buffs, and obviously AB is highest on the list. i stack BS to 3. if the target is stationary, i try and toss hailstorm after AB. i think a general rotation for this build would be effective and would result in a dps increase (due to BS/AB's timing), i just didn't work on one.

for cooldowns, make sure split personality is popped prior to Static Discharge so your shades get SD too.

also, looking at the math last night, using thunder blast prior to lightning strike, in either build, would be a nice dps increase. so thunder blast does have a place in this build due to Dom's quick thinking.

Soulwalker

Cool quickthinking

maybe im persimistic, but doesnt the global half second cd on all cast-icons negate the quick thinking strat?
    i used quickthinking, but its not as good as it seems on the dps-meters.
    on a side note and probably soon to be altered, 'quick thinking' will proc when the slot51 archon spell 'burning purpose' is used. makes for some alteration to a archon using dom (for whatever reason)

the dps coming from bs/ab can be increased with a few mods-
    i have a horribly hard roto but can drop 6.5k artic blast crits and 5.7k lightnings on boss-dummies for fun (raid is tough with this roto)-its exhausting- but the rest of the roto folds into the normal roto after the dpsbombs

i like to use this for dps-bomb only- i defer to normal roto on most fights
    -get charge to full with a few archon buffs first-
    RageStormx3/ IceShear/ Icic/ exposure/ thunderstrike/ iceshear/ icicle/ buildingstorm/ lightingstrike/ cloudburstx4/ thunderstrike/ iceshear/ staticflux/ static discharge/ intensify elements/ ((glob trink))/ articblast/ lightning strike/ cloudburstx2 / raging stormx1/ iceshear/ .........resume normal roto-

1100sp selfbuff(archon)
    800crit
    focus-capped

sc/ele rox still, if ur man enough to run a ridiculously long- like 20sec- rotation- pullin 1400dps on 6min bossses- 8)

***DONT TAZE ME BRO***

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Endlessmagery View Post

sc/ele rox still, if ur man enough to run a ridiculously long- like 20sec- rotation- pullin 1400dps on 6min bossses- 8)

***DONT TAZE ME BRO***
    But hey when all the people playing Mages using 20+ button rotations have Carpal Tunnel in 10 years so bad they can't pick up their mountain dew cup they will know what their dps cost them.

+ Reply to Thread