+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro/Warlock or Ele/Pyro?

Post Necro/Warlock or Ele/Pyro?

Cant decide between Necro/Warlock or Ele/Pyro. What are the benefits of each? I've heard that Pyro can do massive damage, and that Ele can get a great tanking pet. I've also heard that Warlock can kill really fast in PvP, and that Necro gets some good pets. Any ideas?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman5333 View Post
    Cant decide between Necro/Warlock or Ele/Pyro. What are the benefits of each? I've heard that Pyro can do massive damage, and that Ele can get a great tanking pet. I've also heard that Warlock can kill really fast in PvP, and that Necro gets some good pets. Any ideas?
    Don't decide, do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Raduk View Post
    Don't decide, do both.
    Well then what exactly are the benefits of either pairings?

Pyro/Ele is really, really good for fights you can stand completely still, and it's very easy to play, just spam fireball and pop cooldowns in order.

Necro/lock is a bit harder to play but allows for more movement.

Last night in GSB I parsed similar numbers on both (1k on Hylas as pyro, 1k on Johlen as 51Necro, not really counting the 1400 as pyro on Oracle/Duke as I do a fair bit of aoe there)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Pyro/Ele is really, really good for fights you can stand completely still, and it's very easy to play, just spam fireball and pop cooldowns in order.

Necro/lock is a bit harder to play but allows for more movement.

Last night in GSB I parsed similar numbers on both (1k on Hylas as pyro, 1k on Johlen as 51Necro, not really counting the 1400 as pyro on Oracle/Duke as I do a fair bit of aoe there)
    Alright thanks for the info

Soulwalker

Default What do you want to do?

If you are going to be leveling, either combo is fine. I would prefer the necro-lock, but that's just me.

Necro-Lock - with enough points a great tanking pet in the Skeletal Knight. Soul Purge does moderate damage but returns life to you AND your pet. However, this soul pairing is fairly weak in the AOE department.

The Pyro-Elementalist also gets a pet from the elementalist soul and pyro does do great single target damage, still a bit weak in AOE early on but gets better.

Either will do fine as you level.

+ Reply to Thread