+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What happened to my mage?!!

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default What happened to my mage?!!

    Yes, as the topic says.
    I stopped playing rift 1-2 months ago to focus on my exams for univercity. Then I passes the tests and updated my game.
    The only thing I could see was the immunes in pvp. I was using SC mainly and some on elemental with polymorph from domi, and all I saw was jumping warrior on ranged specs and killing them with 3-4 hits without no cc spells on them. The only classes I can escape are healers now. As I said only escaping. Because I saw my class is dead on 1v1. All I can do now is hide and hope to cast 1 second more of my aoe before a warrior detects me, and this is very annoying. I am thinking to reroll and maybe quit soon...

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bippo View Post
    Yes, as the topic says.
    I stopped playing rift 1-2 months ago to focus on my exams for univercity. Then I passes the tests and updated my game.
    The only thing I could see was the immunes in pvp. I was using SC mainly and some on elemental with polymorph from domi, and all I saw was jumping warrior on ranged specs and killing them with 3-4 hits without no cc spells on them. The only classes I can escape are healers now. As I said only escaping. Because I saw my class is dead on 1v1. All I can do now is hide and hope to cast 1 second more of my aoe before a warrior detects me, and this is very annoying. I am thinking to reroll and maybe quit soon...
    So you have been away 2 month, come back using you old specc and strategy and wonder why you are screwed?

    What kind of university is it, that lets you pass exams? :P

    Adapt, we all have to - all the time.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Mages have been overnerfed pretty badly. Only the bright side, in 3-6 months they will overbuff us in responce.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    I understand, that QQ is the easiest answer, but you couldn't be more wrong, pal.

    Mages rule like always, if played properly. Dominators are monsters, Chloros heal like crazy and if you're the tanky dude, WL/chloro or even WL/x will let you outlast a lot.

    Mages are fine, just the dominating (haha) speccs changed.
    Last edited by Elerina; 06-27-2011 at 08:37 AM.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    So you have been away 2 month, come back using you old specc and strategy and wonder why you are screwed?

    What kind of university is it, that lets you pass exams? :P

    Adapt, we all have to - all the time.
    you think that I should adapt like everyone? Can you please then tell me why are there all those souls, if we should choose a chloro/domi or lock/necro to do efficent pvp. The thing is Trion though they did quite a good job making all those souls to pick, and it is a good thing. But the problem is they dont care about how they are going. They dont care the situation of archon, ele, sc. They focus on one or two spec and work on them so that ruins the other specs...

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bippo View Post
    you think that I should adapt like everyone? Can you please then tell me why are there all those souls, if we should choose a chloro/domi or lock/necro to do efficent pvp. The thing is Trion though they did quite a good job making all those souls to pick, and it is a good thing. But the problem is they dont care about how they are going. They dont care the situation of archon, ele, sc. They focus on one or two spec and work on them so that ruins the other specs...
    That's how it goes. All speccs will never be viable for everything, that is just not possible. Even WOW couldn't do that and they have quite the few possibilities compared to Rift.

    Trust me, adapt or live with your choice and it's consequences. That's all you can do.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Mages are fine, just the dominating (haha) speccs changed.
    Even if every class always has one or two decent builds (arguable, but lets assume that is correct), what about the person that just likes one aspect of the class?

    If you healing through damage, but are not really into being a Controller, if Chloro gets nerfed badly, the fact that Dom is great means nothing to you.

    If you love to dps, but hate pets, what fun is there for you if the only viable dps specs are pet dependent?

    If you have Alts of every class, or like several aspects of one class, the nerf / buff rollercoaster may not seem that bad. But, for some of us, it is not fun at all.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-27-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

  8. #8
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    626

    Default

    ya polymorph is rarely going to ever be usable
    the dr is harsher out there these days
    gotta relearn things - check out chloro too - it had big changes

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Even if every class always has one or two decent builds (arguable, but lets assume that is correct), what about the person that just likes one aspect of the class?

    If you healing through damage, but are not really into being a Controller, if Chloro gets nerfed badly, the fact that Dom is great means nothing to you.

    If you love to dps, but hate pets, what fun is there for you if the only viable dps specs are pet dependent?

    If you have Alts of every class, or like several aspects of one class, the nerf / buff rollercoaster may not seem that bad. But, for some of us, it is not fun at all.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand your argument and "feel" with you. But that's just how it goes. I personally play what is fun to me (i.e. I have fun with and kick (or heal) some @ss ^^)

    I'd also love if there was no war and no hunger in the world and everyone could live a life of the same quality, poor or rich. But guess what - not going to happen, sorry bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post
    ya polymorph is rarely going to ever be usable
    the dr is harsher out there these days
    gotta relearn things - check out chloro too - it had big changes
    Simply not true. I'm transmog. all the time. Works WAY more often than I would have thought. Practice harder and know when it's most likely to be a good idea to use your CC. Sounds harsh but I just try to help you, since I do very well as Dominator.
    Last edited by Elerina; 06-27-2011 at 09:19 AM.

  10. #10
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Simply not true. I'm transmog. all the time. Works WAY more often than I would have thought. Practice harder and know when it's most likely to be a good idea to use your CC. Sounds harsh but I just try to help you, since I do very well as Dominator.
    I do fine as dom too but I don't count transmog as a skill I can count on. You aren't harsh you just aren't understanding that you can't control when someone is immune - you may think you are crafty but you aren't it depends on what everyone around you is doing whether or not your transmog will work - it's not something you can plan or be good at. If you think its the choice of the dom whether transmog works you forget that we all share that DR and there are more ppl in a group than just yourself.
    blah - i cant believe i called it polymorph
    Last edited by Fernt; 06-27-2011 at 10:40 AM.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Of course it can be a pain if you have others spamming CC mindlessly, I can't doubt that - noone can.

    Just from my experience it's not all that bad as you point it out. All I was trying to say is, that I transmogrify all the time and it works wonders. It's a vital part to get the faster casting/harder hitting benefits of this specc and, well, it works ^^

    A full duration transm. on the other hand (for pure control purposes), is indeed as good as non-existant. Someone will hit it *always*. Most likely Radiate Death tanky mages.

    Still, you can judge very often if it will work. You don't have to be an oracle for it :P If the warrior I just bashed returns from the graveyard, I'm willingly switching targets to welcome him - the squirrel way ;)
    Last edited by Elerina; 06-27-2011 at 10:58 AM.

  12. #12
    Telaran Zarokima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Chloros heal like crazy

    BWAHAHAHA, no, not as main healers. We were main healing for a lot more before the patch.

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarokima View Post
    BWAHAHAHA, no, not as main healers. We were main healing for a lot more before the patch.
    Pay attention, buddy. We're talking pvp here.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts