+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mages bring the doom upon themselves.

Shadowlander

Default Mages bring the doom upon themselves.

Look at the warfronts. Polluted by Dominators. Just like when pyros were OP were there alot of them. The new groove is some dominator/chloromancer combination apparently, and they are spreading quickly, so quickly that you will have people complaining about it soon.

So either its Trions fail to balance mage classes that they only leave one effective combination, or its the people who play mage who just want to go with the best that bring the constant changes to mages, which is it that dooms the mage class?

Plane Touched

doms are fine, l2p.

Whats that? Dominators doing what they were designed to do? Oh noes!

Haha no but seriously eat some concrete and harden up. Alternatively, we can provide you with a straw so you can suck it up princess.

Shadowlander

Already I got some butthurt mages? I never said they were OP, I am saying they are growing way too much in population and people will complain about it soon, l2read
    Last edited by DarkenWolf; 06-26-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Telaran

Sorry I just don't see anything constructive or informative in your post.

Plane Touched

Mages choose to play the class that's most effective. It's not our fault Trion haven't made multiple specs viable.

Anyway, Dominators can be countered, the problem is people can't be bothered to learn how to.

Dom is so easy to counter it's not funny. Fighting a dom is basically a r***** check. If you get rooted, cleanse yourself or stand still, if you get Traitorous Influence cleanse yourself or get the healer to do it. If you gett Mass Betrayal aoe cleane. If dom pops Split Personality, purge him. It's a REALLY easy spec to counter, just too many r****** who don't realize that sometimes they should just stand still (especially hilarious when it's ranged characters running around like maniacs and killing themselves). It's basically like Shamans in WAR, if Gork Sez Stop! You stop. Or you take the consequences.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Shield of Telara

What do you expect a Mage to do in PvP that centeres around big burst healing and damage when we're lagging behind in both areas? I've never played Dom other than 0 point but if it's the only soul that fun to PvP with then I'd expect to see a lot of Doms.

Doms are easy to counter, unfortunately for me the guardian counter seems to be "look a mage, everyone zerg him" but in those WFs where they neglect to look for, counter or pay attention to me it is nice to sit back and sew destruction through their ranks. Nothing more fun than watching people throw themselves into death without trying to take out the mages.

You're absolutely right!

Every Warrior in this screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...624025745.jpg/ was NOT running the same Paragon/Champion build. But every Mage was running Dominator.

Threadfail
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Hi everyone,

We have trolled this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread trolling, please feel free to contact us at meatspin.com

Thank you!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You're absolutely right!

Every Warrior in this screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...624025745.jpg/ was NOT running the same Paragon/Champion build. But every Mage was running Dominator.

Threadfail
    If you are just unwilling to blame bad game design, then blame all the non-mages who cannot even be bothered to counter this latest batch of crap. If it didnt work people would not do it. If there were other viable specs people would use them. Of course people will use what works best. It would be irrational to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Merre View Post
    If you are just unwilling to blame bad game design, then blame all the non-mages who cannot even be bothered to counter this latest batch of crap. If it didnt work people would not do it. If there were other viable specs people would use them. Of course people will use what works best. It would be irrational to do otherwise.
    Not sure what you read into my post, but I was implying something along the same lines.

There will always be the "better" spec, and that's the spec most people will run.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Not sure what you read into my post, but I was implying something along the same lines.

There will always be the "better" spec, and that's the spec most people will run.
    True and true.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DarkenWolf View Post
    its Trions fail to balance mage classes that they only leave one effective combination?
    There, I edited it to take out all the stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast