+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elementalist PvP Post-1.3

Default Elementalist PvP Post-1.3

I've been experimenting with different builds for one of my roles since 1.3 went live. I tried out the 51 Dom build in WF's and found it interesting, but now I'm thinking of going with an Elementalist build that looks like this:

45 Ele/5 SC/16 AM

Has anyone else out there tried this build or anything close to it in PvP after 1.3 launched? If so, what are your thoughts on how effective it is? Any help would be appreciated.
    Pylos - 51 Mage - Deepstrike
    "I'm gonna eat your f****** heart and your brain and your- I'm gonna f****** r*** your SOUL!!" - Chariot, Operation: Endgame

Bumping thread.
    "I'm gonna eat your f****** heart and your brain and your- I'm gonna f****** r*** your SOUL!!" - Chariot, Operation: Endgame

Plane Touched

the ele pets barely do enough damage for pvp, what are you trying to do with it? no support, no heals, no dps.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    the ele pets barely do enough damage for pvp, what are you trying to do with it? no support, no heals, no dps.
    I want to see how it is for DPS in PvP, so I'm asking if anyone's tested a mostly Elementalist build in WF's or OWPVP.

Prophet of Telara

There weren't any changes to Ele in the patch right? I've tried so many variations of ele to try to make it viable in PvP but it just doesn't work.

Soulwalker

To be honest I think that a Ele/Chloro/Dom spec would be more beneficial for PvP, as it can also be used as support in dungeons and as a levelling class for PvE. Its main usage in PvP is to provide light group heals (through veil on the chloro), to give polymorph on the dom, and on the ele to give survivability. The ele can tank and the shield absorbs a fair amount of damage. You can also do a fair bit through using AoE and single target (expect to be around the top 1/2 to 1/3 in DPS and bottom 1/3 to 1/2 for Healing).

The build would be Ele (51) Chloro (11) Dom (3).

Preferably by level 27ish you will have the Dom, Chloro and Greater elemental sorted.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V.Etfk0xoAtz.M

You rely heavily on crits but you have good single target burst and you stack heal debuf while doing so. Time Icy Carapace right before Missiles hit. 2 break frees + 2 armor buffs + Ice Shield allow for decent survivability. Pretty much just roll with the air pet for increase SP, overload+tempest+IE will net you some big crits. I hit a rogue with a 900 ignite crit so the guy saying Ele can't put out damage is clueless. However, you are really stationary for the most part as you will be cast Missiles and occasional PS as your main source of damage. Also, using Elemental Forces on Lightning Strike to proc Carapace is huge burst as well especially if they all crit.

I've netted many WFs top damage and KB with this build all single target. Learn to time things right and you will do really well.
    Last edited by Krazybojangles; 06-26-2011 at 05:33 PM.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V.Etfk0xoAtz.M

You rely heavily on crits but you have good single target burst and you stack heal debuf while doing so. Time Icy Carapace right before Missiles hit. 2 break frees + 2 armor buffs + Ice Shield allow for decent survivability. Pretty much just roll with the air pet for increase SP, overload+tempest+IE will net you some big crits. I hit a rogue with a 900 ignite crit so the guy saying Ele can't put out damage is clueless. However, you are really stationary for the most part as you will be cast Missiles and occasional PS as your main source of damage. Also, using Elemental Forces on Lightning Strike to proc Carapace is huge burst as well especially if they all crit.

I've netted many WFs top damage and KB with this build all single target. Learn to time things right and you will do really well.
    No Sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    No Sacrifice?
    Meh. Sacrifice really isn't that good but you can switch a point around. 90% of the time I'm heal debuffed and I'd rather have that little extra burst from pet Crits it has saved my *** a few times.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by AGunner View Post
    To be honest I think that a Ele/Chloro/Dom spec would be more beneficial for PvP, as it can also be used as support in dungeons and as a levelling class for PvE. Its main usage in PvP is to provide light group heals (through veil on the chloro), to give polymorph on the dom, and on the ele to give survivability. The ele can tank and the shield absorbs a fair amount of damage. You can also do a fair bit through using AoE and single target (expect to be around the top 1/2 to 1/3 in DPS and bottom 1/3 to 1/2 for Healing).

The build would be Ele (51) Chloro (11) Dom (3).

Preferably by level 27ish you will have the Dom, Chloro and Greater elemental sorted.
    Don't get me wrong but you should never judge a specc because it's good for something else. If you want to PVP, bring a spec made for this purpose, nothing else. If you want to come with a semi-viable specc, at least be ready to get bashed and do not dare to complain about it.

Bringing a sub-par specc to pvp always makes me hear Illidan's voice stating: You are not prepared! (yeah, I know, we're not in Azeroth anymore)

+ Reply to Thread