+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loving Mage - Loving increase in world PvP

Plane Touched

Default Loving Mage - Loving increase in world PvP

I was a doubter but I've got to say the last patch (once they fix lag issues) was a step in the right direction.

Classes seem more balanced than ever and there are viable mage specs that actually require a bit of skill to pull off now.

Obviously, still needs to be a bit done towards PvP world objectives, but much better than it was.

Serra - Brocliff
    p6 Mage

I hear people laugh in global all the time in WFs how mages don't do enough damage now. MY Kbs haven't gone down. My 1v 1s are a little more intense and I'm still not satisfied with the DR on CCs and silences and mezzes.

It used to be a I could burn down two to three P1s in about 10 -15 secs. Now a number of problems have to be overcome.

Cant kill them fast enough so they run out of los or range.
    Cant kill them fast enough so they're able to get to a healer before they're dead.
    Am chained stunned or silenced before i can even get off my first rotation.

yea I have break free and flicker but strange thing is after blowing those I am STILL being stunned beyond belief.

The people I kill?..those who stand their ground..those plate wearers who obviously think "pppff a mage let me end this"..or those rogues who cant believe I'm not dead after 4 secs and stand there still stabbing while three other people are on them.

Never P6s...occasionally a fellow mage here and there.

I'm not happy with 1.3 .I was able to salvage a good hard hitting pyro spec but anyone who says I aint working to get those numbers are just clueless.
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 06-26-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I hear people laugh in global all the time in WFs how mages don't do enough damage now. MY Kbs haven't gone down. My 1v 1s are a little more intense and I'm still not satisfied with the DR on CCs and silences and mezzes.

It used to be a I could burn down two to three P1s in about 10 -15 secs. Now a number of problems have to be overcome.

Cant kill them fast enough so they run out of los or range.
    Cant kill them fast enough so they're able to get to a healer before they're dead.
    Am chained stunned or silenced before i can even get off my first rotation.

yea I have break free and flicker but strange thing is after blowing those I am STILL being stunned beyond belief.

The people I kill?..those who stand their ground..those plate wearers who obviously think "pppff a mage let me end this"..or those rogues who cant believe I'm not dead after 4 secs and stand there still stabbing while three other people are on them.

Never P6s...occasionally a fellow mage here and there.

I'm not happy with 1.3 .I was able to salvage a good hard hitting pyro spec but anyone who says I aint working to get those numbers are just clueless.
    For me a R1 is dead in a lot less than 10s, maybe 2 or 3 if they stay clumped up.
    51 dom is a beast, squirrel, storm shackle, traitorous influence and some debuffs on the others to prevent them from hurting you and you have 3 R1s killing themselves trying to kill you.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

"yea I have break free and flicker but strange thing is after blowing those I am STILL being stunned beyond belief"

ive noticed this too...

ill use break free and still eat 2-3 mores cc effects well under the DR timer

dont want this to turn into WoW where skill < chain cc's

dont make me an easy kill for 2-3 ******ed oppenents cause they each use their stun/silences on me

give me a chance to work magic!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hajax View Post
    I was a doubter but I've got to say the last patch (once they fix lag issues) was a step in the right direction.

Classes seem more balanced than ever and there are viable mage specs that actually require a bit of skill to pull off now.

Obviously, still needs to be a bit done towards PvP world objectives, but much better than it was.

Serra - Brocliff
    p6 Mage
    Hello Serra...

Yeh I like the new patch a lot now as well my lock spec is actually god finally DoT damage doing something...

But the world pvp part is a bit meh, least on brocliff :P

Thank god they nerfed pyro tho was really over that hated the spec but to compete I had to use it.

Hopefully I see you in world pvp and we can set up a duel or 2 :P
    Mathematical - R6 Mage (Guardian)

+ Reply to Thread