+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51archon/6dom/ GP DPS?

Shield of Telara

Default 51archon/6dom/ GP DPS?

I was wondering if any active Archons could answer a couple questions:

1. In GP on any boss what would you expect your DPS as an Archon to be? using this because there is a lot of movement in these fights.
    2. Using that DPS what would your SP and Crit be at the time?
    3. Can you post the rotation you use?

Also, lets say a rogue does 500dps and is near the top of the charts for that fight, where would you expect the archon to fall if in similar gear or a little less? 250dps? 400?

You can use any number.. make the rogue do 1000dps and on average what kind of DPS would you expect from an Archon?

Thanks!

Forty two.

Rift Chaser

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean. You aren't making yourself very clear.

An entry level geared archon can expect to do 700-750 dps on Anrak, obviously lower on Guurloth, Thalguur, and Uruluuk due to the movement and downtime involved.

A fully T1 raid geared archon, I imagine, would be capable of pulling around 850 or so dps.

On, for example, Guurloth, I would expect around 450 to 500 or so, but I'm not sure of the exact figures because it can vary wildly depending on who he targets with his abilities/player competance.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 06-25-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Shield of Telara

Ok, to clarify..

An archon with this build is being compared to offensive rogues..

the rogues are getting around 700-800dps against the boss..

The archon is expected to get 500+

My argument is that the Archon can't possibly pull as much as an offensive rogue while being buff support for the raid.

I don't think an Archon is meant to do similar DPS to other offensive souls AND buff at the same time. The would be way OP, I would think but maybe im totally wrong.

And thanks bluedot, i think they were using your rotation from your site
    Last edited by Hydron; 06-25-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Rift Chaser

No, that is a fairly good synopsis of the class. You don't do as damage much as primary dps souls and callings, but your archon buffs easily make up for the lack of dps by increasing the dps of everyone around you. That said, it isn't like the bard, as a archon/dom, you have a fairly respectable dps anyway.

Uruuluk I get between 600-800 in archon depending on exact build I run.

I tend to maximize utility even farther and not concentrate on DPS. So while an Archon can run 1k it is sometimes better for the raid to do something else..

Shield of Telara

Can you tell me your rotation?

What's your SP?

Standard macro..

SFlar
    VBomb
    EBarrage
    LFlame
    PStone

SP is 1188 in that spec i think (or near it)
    Crit is 812ish

Also take into account pots, witchstones etc.. etc.. etc..
    High crit works out well on Archon builds since your all slow mid-high damage.
    Last edited by Albieos; 06-26-2011 at 01:18 AM.

if you want to do good dps, probably ignore all the 3 temp buff spells and just spam pillaging stone. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

No.. you will loose 200+ if you ignore them..

Plane Touched

Pillaging Stone is your highest DPS spammable attack but your raid will gain far more overall DPS if you use the 3 buffing attacks.

Fights that have you dodging attacks more (like 2nd boss) will reduce your personal DPS greatly because you'll spend a chunk of the time they are on cooldown dodging instead of casting Pillaging Stone.

As for the DPS numbers, 300-500 dps for movement heavy fights and over 700 for stand and spam fights is fair. I can personally break 900 on Plutonus and Duke but they are very conducive to stand and spam.

The rotation listed earlier in this thread really should be your standard macro for when your buffs and debuffs are all set.
    People use the words "casual" and "bad" interchangeably, when in reality we should not. A casual player in an mmo is someone who plays the game but due to outside events cannot play it for long periods of time. A bad is a player who stands in the fire, ignores boss mechanics, complains about the former, makes nonsensical statements, wants to be pandered to, and all around tanks most mmos.

Its like if I pay to take a college course that I know is supposed to be hard and instead of taking it, I complain and bother the professors that it is to hard. I dont study, I dont practice, I just complain. After all I am paying for the course so I should get an A+.

I have not see mmos go harder only easier. I dont think for a second that trion is "pandering to the casuals that ruin our games", no I think it is that trion is making mistakes and feels that the bads who play their game for 3 months and leave are worth more than those who play for the entirety of its life.

-Robertosaget

You can read more about my spec and how I do things here.

I usually do around 750-900+, but after the patch I think they broke Burning Purpose. It doesn't seem to deal the extra damage that it should for debuff abilities. Either that, or I am super bugged. Even testing it on a dummy, I can't get the damage procs from Burning Purpose whenever I cast a debuff. This actually brought my DPS down a bit.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hydron View Post
    Ok, to clarify..

An archon with this build is being compared to offensive rogues..

the rogues are getting around 700-800dps against the boss..

The archon is expected to get 500+

My argument is that the Archon can't possibly pull as much as an offensive rogue while being buff support for the raid.
    if the rogues were doing their best damage possible this would be true, but these 700-800dps looks to be really poor dps for a full t2-geared rogue with full raid buffs (and in 10man you have at least said archon plus bard buffs).
    plus you havent specified wich kind of equipment the archon had and wich the rogues, how do you can compare without this data?
    generally a player switching between full-dps mage to archon will lose around 20-25% of his dps.
    yeah, archon dps is still quite a lot for a buffbot, but as it has no other speciality (like bard's healing) its pretty much needed.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Luper View Post

I usually do around 750-900+, but after the patch I think they broke Burning Purpose. It doesn't seem to deal the extra damage that it should for debuff abilities. Either that, or I am super bugged. Even testing it on a dummy, I can't get the damage procs from Burning Purpose whenever I cast a debuff. This actually brought my DPS down a bit.
    I thought I was missing BP procs too. Looks like I wasn't going crazy after all.
    I'm so BORED

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Luper View Post

I noticed that burning purpose doesn't always proc each time. Even when making sure to space spells out it will not proc every time. Maybe this is a bug and reason for lower DPS.

Thank you for the link, reading now.
    Last edited by Hydron; 06-26-2011 at 09:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast