+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominators, Dominators everywhere.

Shadowlander

Default Dominators, Dominators everywhere.

youve seen them, youve raged at them. a forgotten class, now spreading like a disease, get ready to see them everywhere as mages start to migrate to the next best mage soul

I will stick to necro/lock and sc/ele and pyro/ele regardless of whats the flavor of the week. I love necro lock because, well I love the whole dark evil aspect of it, heheheh. Pyro and sc with ele because its flashy and has alot of that classical mage pzazz. But thats just me. You see this in every mmo, people shift based on "flavor of the week" class traits and talents. Let em do it, I will stick to the ones I like and to hell with the rest lol.
    All your whining and elitism makes me laugh

This can be said for every class there is always one spec that stands out each patch due to simplicity/effectiveness/being op.

Shadowlander

I've seen more, but still see plenty of other types of mages as well. Doms stand out because (1) I'm looking for them and (2) they're usually the only mages with little Support flags next to them int he WFs. I also notice a lot of necromancers and Locks.

Fortunately, Doms stack pretty well, from what I've seen. Diminishing returns show, but the energy starvation skills paired with burst of well-coordinated Storm Shackling are really great. I don't think I've been in a WF and thought "darn it, another dominator". I did notice the overabundance of healers when I play my cleric, as the more of them there are, the less there is for me to do.

Rift Master

we called this man did we call this - ppl asking for dom nerfs already, 2 threads in one day - take cover - get in yer turtle shells

everyone is not dom - some are trying it sure - some wont like it and wont use it very long

those using dom that i see when i compare our wf stats usually have them doing no healing - that tells me they aren't even using all the skills possible to "support" - either they are trying to do only dmg or they are testing and haven't got a flow yet on things and are just trying to live off draining others because its an easy out, if i drain others, someone else will kill them

there are ways to stop dom just like dom tries to stop you soooo as you all learn these you'll see doms become less threatening but more of an annoyance

just like the rogue that constantly jumps me and runs i time my split personality to save just for them - i have to be smarter to win and so will you - it means i do less dmg because i am saving it when i could be using it and getting that cd started again - we pick and choose battles

if you are choosing to decrease doms viability - i think you are obsessed with mages and looking for reasons to complain - can a mage exist at all in any spec w/out being called out is what i wonder - i think many of you harbor this resentment toward mages that if they try hard enough they can beat you sometimes when all the cooldowns work out in their favor and you were just outplayed but dont want to admit it because it didnt involve stealth tactics - give me stealth and you would see a monster brother
    Last edited by Fernt; 06-27-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthien View Post
    I've seen more, but still see plenty of other types of mages as well. Doms stand out because (1) I'm looking for them and (2) they're usually the only mages with little Support flags next to them int he WFs. I also notice a lot of necromancers and Locks.

Fortunately, Doms stack pretty well, from what I've seen. Diminishing returns show, but the energy starvation skills paired with burst of well-coordinated Storm Shackling are really great. I don't think I've been in a WF and thought "darn it, another dominator". I did notice the overabundance of healers when I play my cleric, as the more of them there are, the less there is for me to do.
    Well said. They aren't OP because they have many hard counters such as dispells, warriors, rogues, etc. And it's nice to see mages feeling useful in warfronts again. I like what Trion did with them, and hope they can recreate this synergy in other classes and callings.

as a mage runing Dom almost all of the time I am the only Dom on our team. Now there was an exception last night i joined a whitefall and we had 4 other Doms. But thats the only time i have seen something like that.
    Mordon
    FINAL BOSS

Quote Originally Posted by Fateful View Post
    This can be said for every class there is always one spec that stands out each patch due to simplicity/effectiveness/being op.
    Quoted for truth.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

+ Reply to Thread