+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SC/ELE Raid DPS Spec - 1.3

Telaran

Default SC/ELE Raid DPS Spec - 1.3

Just another spec for mages looking for a good rotation after the 1.3 patch, I've been using this spec since 1.2 and have found it to be the highest DPS spec available. This spec is on par with BS/AB and does not have issues with multiple mages running the same spec in your raid.

Spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sbo.Vtcz0xoAuz

Unbuffed Stats:
    SP - 1020
    SC - 598
    Focus - 230

(04:49) Boss Practice Dummy: 1012 Stormin-Lightning Strike-5302 | Storm (1012/100%)

Damage Breakdown - http://i55.tinypic.com/2z52kxw.jpg

Macros / Rotation

Video of rotation and parse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr1QE_Okw50 **twoards the end somone walked in on me and i messed up big time but you should be able to see the rotation anyways**

The rotation is very simple and easy to pick up, you start with PS/Vit to get your buffs up then hit raging storm macro and ice shear, from here you hit flux and pop your cd's and hit your lightning strike macro twice (every time you will hit this macro two times) then raging storm macro 3 times (when raging storm is on CD you hit the macro 3 times) then ice shear and repeat. I usually hit my static flux every second rotation to boost LS/AB TBx3.

If the encounter requires movement use cloudburst in your rotation until your able to cast again.

#show Lightning Strike (Macro 1)
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Arctic Blast
    cast Icicle

#show Raging Storm (Macro 2)
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Raging Storm
    cast Thunderbolt

#show Intensify Elements (Macro 3)
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Static Discharge
    use Glob of Crystallized Blood **any trinket or remove**
    cast Intensify Elements
    cast Lightning Strike

Pillaging Stone x5
    Searing Vit
    Macro 2
    Ice Shear (at this point you should be at 100 Charge)
    Static Flux
    Macro 3 x4 (this will pop your cooldowns and start lightning strike)
    Macro 1
    Macro 2 x3
    Ice Shear
    Macro 1 x2
    Macro 2 x2 at this point you can just RS and IS and go into casting LS, I just prefer an extra TB in there
    Ice Shear
    Macro 1 x2
    Macro 2 x3
    Ice Shear

If you prefer to not use macros follow this rotation.

Pillaging Stone x5
    Searing Vitality
    Raging Storm
    Ice Shear
    Static Flux
    Cool downs
    Lightning Strike
    Arctic Blast
    Thunderbolt x3
    Ice Shear
    Lightning Strike
    Icicle
    Raging Storm
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Shear
    Lightning Strike
    Arctic Blast
    Thunderbolt x3
    Ice Shear

Let me know what yall think, I hope this helps ease the pain of 1.3.

Telaran

Also, the abilities in this rotation should scale better with raid buffs. Looking for some of those better geared mages to test this out to see what kind of numbers they pull vs the spec they are currently running, any feedback would be great! =D

Soulwalker

Why dont you pop Exposure off every 30 secs?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Reeper View Post
    Why dont you pop Exposure off every 30 secs?
    On raids other classes have longer lasting versions of exposure (1-5 min depending on class) but exposure will overwrite them.

Flev

Telaran

Yeah there's other longer lasting debuffs that don't stack with that so your better off just dpsing, also I really don't like to squeeze it in to the rotation but if you really wanted to after you hit raging storm on every other rotation you have a split second to use it then ice shear and keep going instead of throwing in a thunderbolt.

Telaran

Added some notes to the parse video, should be easier to see the rotation now.

Interesting to see the viability of a Cloudburst-free rotation. What was your DPS before your 3rd Cooldown pop, though?

Sejta
    Lost in orbit...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Spaceman View Post
    Interesting to see the viability of a Cloudburst-free rotation. What was your DPS before your 3rd Cooldown pop, though?

Sejta
    I couldn't say exactly, I cant play with an overlay so I'm only able to see the end result. I'll run some more parses and leave the third CD off or somthing to get an idea.

Telaran

Alright, I did a parse for 9 minutes.

Here is the dps graph: http://i56.tinypic.com/29xt1sn.jpg

I'm spiking around 2100-2400 and in between im about 850-950, at about 380 seconds I let my PS/Vit wear off so I had to refresh and my dps dropped for a few seconds.

I used two mana pots and channel elements twice this fight, the parse ended at:

(08:59) Boss Practice Dummy: 975 Stormin-Lightning Strike-5302 | Storm (975/100%)

Rift Disciple

Why are you letting your stacks of electrified fall off.

And if you're not letting them fall off why are you casting thunderbolt 3 times.

Also: Why are you even casting icicle. Its horrible DPS.
    Last edited by Nastharl; 06-27-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Shield of Telara

Yeah I don't get it. I don't think this is any good. Why use Icicle when Cloudburst is a lot better dps, why use AB without BS? I'm pretty sure you would get better dps than this build by just spamming a LS/CB macro and refreshing electrify/IS.

I mean look at the average hit of your icicle, the instant cast cloudburst would be a lot higher than that.
    Last edited by sakkath; 06-27-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne33 View Post
    Just another spec for mages looking for a good rotation after the 1.3 patch, I've been using this spec since 1.2
    Stopped reading there.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    Yeah I don't get it. I don't think this is any good. Why use Icicle when Cloudburst is a lot better dps, why use AB without BS? I'm pretty sure you would get better dps than this build by just spamming a LS/CB macro and refreshing electrify/IS.

I mean look at the average hit of your icicle, the instant cast cloudburst would be a lot higher than that.
    I'm not using icicle or AB for the dmg, its in the rotation to maintain hypothermia on the target to boost thunderbolt which is a large portion of the dmg.

The following soul points/debuffs combined will give thunderbolt a 92% dmg and 10% crit chance increase:

With 3 stacks
    Ice Shear + Deadly Shards = 42%
    Inductance = 30%
    Lightning Conductor = 15% (Hypothermia)
    Lightning Master = 5%
    High Voltage = 10% crit

Thunderbolt will hit harder then cloudburst with a build like this and also scales better with SP, it also has a cast time so it will benefit more from raid buffs.

Hypothermia lasts 10 seconds on your target and Lightning Strike has a 10 second cooldown, so basically you lightning strike then hypothermia and use Raging Storm/Thunderbolt then Ice Shear while waiting for Lightning Strike to pop, once you cast lightning strike you refresh hypo and repeat.

I havent got it yet but the Greater Essence Watertouched Soulstone (http://rift.zam.com/en/item/CDAEE7F2...ched-Soulstone) should work very well with this and give a nice increase to your DPS.

I have been parsing with the Necro/Domi spec for the last few hours unbuffed and have been averaging around 1k-1.1k DPS which is barley higher then this spec, about 50-75 DPS.

(04:53) Boss Practice Dummy: 1045 Stormin-Void Bolt-1324 | Storm (1045/100%) | Shamb (0/0%)

So I'm still comfortable saying this is one of the highest DPS specs out there, especially for SC/Ele. If you disagree please parse yourself with it and show lower numbers.

Rift Master

Interesting.

Shield of Telara

What is the average damage on your cloudburst with elex3 and IS up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast