+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with Mage Class

Soulwalker

Default Disappointed with Mage Class

quite disappointed with your game, i play a mage and i feel asif you hate them or something? your defense:attack ratio was fine pre 1.3 for the class up until this new patch. i see no change has happened to cleric pvp healing? an issue thats pressed on since the game started, however you take the time to castrate the should be primary damage class. i know alot of people rerolling your mid range dps classes purely because you've taken the fun out of a what was decent class to play. the least you could of left was inferno as a separate cool down, when you rely on a 2second cast and 1 instant cast with high cooldown when being beaten on by any other class who doesnt need to be stationary.

let us wear leather, or mail - that would justify doing less damage then everyone else. but dont turn mage into that loser kid who sits at the front of the bus.

There are multiple souls and lots of mages who are dealing just fine with the changes. Get out of your little box and try something new.

Simply put, you're a joke.
    Strider
    Voted Best Bard on Sunrest 2011*
    *by myself

I'm glad that the OP used you're and not your though

I also play a mage as my main and could not care less about pyro changes.

Getting 50+ killing blows in codex with 4x the damage of the next highest is f'king overpowered and I am happy the damage has been reduced and that other souls are now more viable for pvp.

Inferno was a total joke, 3k off gcd hits gaurentees the kb every time and Fulminate/CB regularly oneshotting players.

You think this was balanced?

You want to go back to every mage playing pyro?

It clearly was not and needed fixing.

Here is an idea for the looser kid sat at the front of the bus:

TRY OTHER SOULS!

There are plenty of powerful soul combos out there that excel in 1.3. Stop relying on pyro easymode derp.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

They say to join the Stormcaller parade. Apparently it's the only viable mage DPS soul. Or re-roll as a Rogue.

Sez

Chain armor solves everything apparently.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shield of Telara

Yeah I think things were pretty well off prior to 1.3. Nothing a little minor tweaking wouldn't have fixed. I mean we had the most popular healer for most situations and mybe the best AoE and top end single target DPS so I can see them wanting to take it down a bit but the resutls seemed to be a bit excessive. I mean we go from good to bench warme in one patchr so of course there will be sour grapes. Sure we can still do the job but nobody likes coming in 2nd,3rd,4th place in every catergory.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sumuji View Post
    Yeah I think things were pretty well off prior to 1.3. Nothing a little minor tweaking wouldn't have fixed. I mean we had the most popular healer for most situations and mybe the best AoE and top end single target DPS so I can see them wanting to take it down a bit but the resutls seemed to be a bit excessive. I mean we go from good to bench warme in one patchr so of course there will be sour grapes. Sure we can still do the job but nobody likes coming in 2nd,3rd,4th place in every catergory.
    if you think mage had best single target i want to meet the people you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

Shadowlander

I have a release-mage (r6; never Pyro) and a cleric since a month.

Now if i want dmg, i play cleric; if i want heal, i play cleric and if i want a build with dmg, utility and surviability... i play cleric.

SC is ok for trashmobs, Chloro for PvE-Heal, Archont for buffs and Dom for manaleech, but most of time all of the other souls are better.

Trion and balance-patches =
    Last edited by meinalterego; 06-25-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jesslyn Daggerux View Post
    if you think mage had best single target i want to meet the people you know
    I didn't say the best now did I?

1st in AOE DPS
    1st in HPS
    Maybe 3rd-ish with single-target DPS
    Flip-flopping between a Rogue as far as support

I mean you need to be realistic you had to know something would change. I mean you can't have one class at or near the top of everything except tanking. What people probably weren't expecting was to be neutured to the point we're back to the post launch "Why bother playing a Mage?" status.

Rift Disciple

1.3 is a disaster patch for the dps mages... way over-nerfed - way too many changes affecting them.

It was a poor job balancing... again.

Xeb
    Shadowlander

Playing mage feels like it did at launch....a whole lot of work with very hard rotations to not even compete with top rogue damage. The game wasnt fun then as a mage and its not fun now. I do have hope they will fix it soon. It seems they nerfed the sc/elem and buffed the other callings to make mutliple souls viable options, and they didnt want them to be op. Now its time to buff them up to the dps lvl of rogues and it will all be good. PS...chlromancer is the worst soul ever, what an awful change that was. Spamming one ability and waiting for an opp proc, loads of fun.

Plane Touched

After teh patch - I'm gunna say they did pretty damn well this time around. I still use pyro for some burst but don't feel like it's my must use spec anymore (probably 3rd or 4th).

The classes seem more balanced than ever.

I'm loving mage atm more than I ever have.

EDIT: I love it how bads are complaing that mage actually takes work to play now and you can't be good by mashing 1 macro.

This is the change mages needed. Raise the skill cap and separate the bads from the men.
    Last edited by Hajax; 06-26-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magra View Post
    There are multiple souls and lots of mages who are dealing just fine with the changes. Get out of your little box and try something new.

Simply put, you're a joke.
    Actually, I have been playing a Mage since beta and I'm in a guild with all content on farm. From my experience at least, I don't think I have spoke to a single (skilled) Mage that has been happy with how this class has evolved since release. Yes, we are "dealing" just fine but that doesn't make it NOT a cluster-XXXX.

Introducing completely new skills, and removing others in minor content patches is a bad thing. Balance the classes and skills you created instead. Major changes should not be happening every 1.5 months, especially those than involve completely different play styles.

Mage have probably been hit with this effect harder than anyone, so I can totally understand why people are frustrated with this class and Trion.

Name calling and insults (because someone shared their opinion) is an impressive trait! And it really makes you seem like someone that should be taken seriously! Yep, that's sarcasm.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sumuji View Post
    I didn't say the best now did I?

1st in AOE DPS
    1st in HPS
    Maybe 3rd-ish with single-target DPS
    Flip-flopping between a Rogue as far as support

I mean you need to be realistic you had to know something would change. I mean you can't have one class at or near the top of everything except tanking. What people probably weren't expecting was to be neutured to the point we're back to the post launch "Why bother playing a Mage?" status.
    I MISS MY 1 BUTTON DEATH IN PVP AS PYRO!!!

Im sorry but I do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast