+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Life Giving Viel and Synthesis are on same cooldown?

Plane Touched

Default Why Life Giving Viel and Synthesis are on same cooldown?

PVP is most of the time about rush, with these two skills being on same cooldown is really annoying.
    Why on earth would trion put them on same cool down? Just to waste our precious 10 seconds?

Petition: please remove the cool down from this skill as they are no longer dispellable so there is no need for the cool down..

Read the abilities. Lifegiving Veil doesn't work with synthesis anymore. Lifebound Veil does.

Quote Originally Posted by kartys View Post
    Read the abilities. Lifegiving Veil doesn't work with synthesis anymore. Lifebound Veil does.
    What does that have to do with the timer?

They, from what I gather, are saying you need to switch sometimes quickly, and often and having a skill that is as you so clearly pointed out, not even tied to LGV anymore on the same CD is ridiculous.
    -Crash the silence for the sake of memory-

I don't even care about the impact on PvPing with this( not that it's not important), it just drives me nuts that it's a damn buff and they make the cooldown so slow. Even if Synth works with one and not the other why put all three on the same cooldown? They're buffs...make it quick so we can get back in the fight and not twiddle our thumbs waiting....

Telaran

Read your skills...

Synthesis will apply lifebound veil when cast meaning you dont need it on your bar and its CD doesn't matter, if you want to synth a target and use lifebound just cast synth and lifebound will go on by itself, 10 seconds later you can then switch to lifegiving if you want to.

Plane Touched

Some of you understand what I really meant.
    These skills being on the same cool down is just stupid.. 10 seconds can make a big difference, even 3 seconds are enough to kill someone..
    There is no need for cool down for these skills.... Trion is lost..
    Last edited by killthedesires; 06-26-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Ascendant

the cooldown is there because you have to decide if you want to be an aoe healer (lgv) or a main tank healer (lbv+sinth), if there were no cd why bothering dividing the two veils?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

I understand why they have a CD on these abilities, trying to balance out single target healing versus aoe healing. The problem here is that other healers don't have to deal with this. They can find specs that make it easy for them to do both ST and AE healing, while we have to choose between the two.

We only really have to worry about Synthesis and Lifegiving Veil. It takes some time to get used to, but it does get frustrating sometimes. I kind of wish it was easier to switch between the two. Perhaps if they weren't affected by GCD maybe? I don't know, but right now it feels very awkward.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    the cooldown is there because you have to decide if you want to be an aoe healer (lgv) or a main tank healer (lbv+sinth), if there were no cd why bothering dividing the two veils?
    You're right. Why did they bother to divide the spell at all.

All Trion needed to do if they wanted to Nerf chloros was to reduce the synth ability and reduce the impact of the double healing from damage from NT to something like 1.5.

Instead they complete revamp the chloromancer forcing a 51 point build with zero synergy now. Yeah, that was totally called for. Let's all make drastic changes just for the sake of drastic changes.
    Last edited by GeekCrux; 06-26-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by GeekCrux View Post
    You're right. Why did they bother to divide the spell at all.

All Trion needed to do if they wanted to Nerf chloros was to reduce the synth ability and reduce the impact of the double healing from damage from NT to something like 1.5.

Instead they complete revamp the chloromancer forcing a 51 point build with zero synergy now. Yeah, that was totally called for. Let's all make drastic changes just for the sake of drastic changes.
    you are whining just because you are lazy and dont want to learn and change.
    all the "speciality" souls require 51 points, see justicar, riftstalker, bard, archon and even tanks and healers cant spare a lot of points in a dps soul if they want to solo heal or solo tank.
    only chloro was able to just spend a few points in its speciality and get all the benefit of dps and support souls, without any drawbacks.
    now you have to chose, you want to be a solo healer, you have to go 51 points as it should, you want to be a support healer you can go 3x chloro 3x 'lock for more dps or 3x chloro 3x archon for more support or wathever.
    but you cant anymore chose to do big dps and solo heal or big support and solo heal.
    heck, in 1.2 there were chloros in the 700dps+ bracket, going for the 1kdps with full raid buffs and equip, without any drawback to their healing abilities.

now, I agree that the "new" chloro still needs to be tweaked, mostly for sub 50 lvl play, but its a lot better rounded off soul and it actually works better.
    just learn to use all your tools instead of mindlessy spamming your so called rotation.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

yall tripping nerf the mage classes more they fudged my pyro up in 1.2 i had to revamp it and it still sucks then i whent Chl + Wlock and i beat some serious A/$$ with it even in 1.3 now tho what i cant stand is that we wont receive any healing from our own dps that sux because sometimes u have to focus on ur ppls and use ur solo heals while dps to keep them all up now its kinda tough not saying its impossible just tougher and shows that u need more skills what i kinda love (^_^) but the thing is u cant heal ur self anymore with ur own dps thats the sucky part other then that im still whoopin A/$$ and that what counts cya on Deepstrike Choclatehaven Aka. CoCo
    Last edited by Shogal; 06-26-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    Rift is patient, Rift is kind,
    Rift does not insist on its own way.
    Rift bears all things, believes all things,
    Hopes all things, endures all things.
    Rift never fails.

+ Reply to Thread