+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The sky is falling the sky is falling.......

Plane Touched

Default The sky is falling the sky is falling.......

I posted this in another thread, but after reading the forums for 15 minutes I have become so discussed at the number of lame *** people who are *****ing that they are canceling or changing classes I decided it needed it own post.....discussed. For the love of the gods people.....

------------

Let me start by saying my primary is a mage and I love my mage and yes we are lacking in the dps department. However have you people never played a MMO or something? This is how it is in every MMO I have played in the past 14 years. Some classes get nerfed and are not as powerful and then the next patch other classes get nerfed and are less powerful and the last class(es) that got nerfed get more powerful, it is cyclical. It has happened in every class based MMO since the creation of MMOs. Why get upset and switch characters or quit when everything will change in the next patch only to have you get pissed off that your new class was now nerfed and your old class is more powerful. Just ride it out, it will change.

To the comment about it being 4 months til the next patch.....That is just ********. We are not even 4 months from release and we have had 3 patches, every one has made a significant change to classes dps and/or the way they are played. 3 patches in less than four months.

I am not saying don't figure out how to play better, but man have people become so that hopeless about things? It is like the New England weather, wait five minutes it will change.

Everything about Rift is faster than other MMOs. I mean look at WoW. When it was first released it took about 9 played days to make it to max level, in rift...3 days. There has been 3 version patches in less than 4 months and 2 new raid dungeons released along with how much class "tuning"?

I guess it is just me, maybe I am more patient than other people but in 4 to 5 weeks there will be another major patch I am sure and things will change again. Trion obviously is doing what they are doing for a reason and despite the uproar of comments saying they are idiots, I got news for you. There are a great many people involved in changes and at the top of that chain are people that only care about one thing......Money. That being a given they are going to change things in a way that they believe is going to retain the most customers over time to maximize profit. That does not mean sabotaging the most likely the largest customer base Mages (at lease on the servers I have played on) and just leaving them screwed. We are most likely just the first in the next wave of nerfs and buffs. So drop some ice in your shorts and cool down, things will get better and it is not good for your blood pressure to get so worked up over them.

Learn from history, all great people have.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raduk View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but after reading the forums for 15 minutes I have become so discussed at the number of lame *** people who are *****ing that they are canceling or changing classes I decided it needed it own post.....discussed.

Learn from history, all great people have.
    Have you?

Have you become discussed? Personally, I find the whole thing discusseding

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Have you?

Have you become discussed? Personally, I find the whole thing discusseding
    Yup that is about the response I expected.

Disgusted...happy? Yes I am a knob for expecting my spell checker to fix typos properly.
    Last edited by Raduk; 06-25-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Champion of Telara

Well, some of us are tired of the MMO overnerf/overbuff cycle fueled by forum whines. Rift was supposed to be different. Remember, we aren't in Azoroth anymore? So why did they fall into the overnerf/overbuff trap?

Clearly, we were overnerfed in 1.3. I think they intentionally overnerfed us to prove that Gresh was not biased toward Mages and to prove that there would be no Bright Mages in Rift. They were trying to address all the forum whines.

I realize that in a few months, they will overbuff Mages, and a few months later they will overnerf us again. I am just tired of that threadmill.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-25-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Well, some of us are tired of the MMO overnerf/overbuff cycle fueled by forum whines. Rift was supposed to be different. Remember, we aren't in Azoroth anymore? So why did they fall into the overnerf/overbuff trap?

Clearly, we were overnerfed in 1.3. I realize that in a few months, they will overbuff Mages, and a few months later they will overnerf us again. I am just tired of that threadmill.
    Hey i am tired of it too, but I tell you with absolute certainty that all the *****ing will not change their patch cycle. It will get done on the time table they have set. Is it a pain in the ***....Yes. Is it annoying. Yes. But it is not like it is going to be next year that they change it. The *****ing around here you would think they came to everyones house and murdered their family pets and punch them in the mouth.

I don't agree with overnerfed though. They may plan on reducing everyone to this level. It just won't happen in one patch. A dps reduction can easily be seen through Trions eye as a way to stop huge encounter power escalation before it starts.
    Last edited by Raduk; 06-25-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Champion of Telara

Hey i am tired of it too, but I tell you with absolute certainty that all the *****ing will not change their patch cycle. It will get done on the time table they have set. Is it a pain in the ***....Yes. Is it annoying. Yes. But it is not like it is going to be next year that they change it. The *****ing around here you would think they came to everyones house and murdered their family pets and punch them in the mouth.

I don't agree with overnerfed though. They may plan on reducing everyone to this level. It just won't happen in one patch. A dps reduction can easily be seen through Trions eye as a way to stop huge encounter power escalation before it starts.
    I think they intentionally overnerfed us to prove that Gersh was not biased toward Mages, and to prove that there would be no Bright Mages in Rift. They were trying to address all the forum whines.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-25-2011 at 07:31 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

aux

IThis is how it is in every MMO I have played in the past 14 years.
    So how come MMO devs never learn from it? Why do they keep repeating the same mistakes every single time?
    I'm so BORED

Telaran

oh, so we should just come back after the next patch to see if we are miraculously effective again, or competitive whatsoever in the dps department? Ok, I didn't know we were just supposed to feed a company money while we "sit back and wait"

....my bad.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    So how come MMO devs never learn from it? Why do they keep repeating the same mistakes every single time?
    Because they are the same devs, over and over.

These devs are retreds from past MMOs, many from ones that were epic failures. They also seem to have exactly the same development cycle and overall disdain for actual testing.

I too am sick of the OP, nerfed, OP, nerfed, OP cycle.

Rift's complex talent trees make the yo-yo even worse. Millions of players min maxing 8! tree options vs. the same old dev team with bad testing will make "balance" pretty challenging.

I guess soon we can all roll over to the new Star Wars game to see how they do there.

Rift Disciple

I have become so discussed (disgusted?) at the number of lame *** people who are *****ing that they are canceling
    If those in charge of class balancing aren't doing their jobs correctly and are paying minimal attention to their customers, why should I feel obliged to help pay their wages?

It's a shame because I do like this game and I can tell that a lot of people have put a lot of hard work into it. Unfortunately though, I can't say the same for those who make the biggest difference to my class.

If things change and nothing else has me hooked, then I'll probably return. In the meantime though, what is there to do?
    Last edited by Robotnik; 06-25-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    I think they intentionally overnerfed us to prove that Gersh was not biased toward Mages, and to prove that there would be no Bright Mages in Rift. They were trying to address all the forum whines.
    Disagree, that is just you seeing something because you want to it is the virgin Mary on the toast. When you are dealing with this kind of cash, companies don't make huge changes to stop people from whining unless the change is not going to cause other customers a problem. This caused a problem. It is not a wise business decision, and while hackers may be writing the code, it is the managers making the decisions., and the managers are all about pleasing upper management and all upper management cares about is making money. So making a change that makes people leave for a dumb reason, that is what gets people fired, starting at the top and working its way down the hill. I have seen it first hand more than once.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
    If those in charge of class balancing aren't doing their jobs correctly and are paying minimal attention to their customers, why should I feel obliged to help pay their wages?

It's a shame because I do like this game and I can tell that a lot of people have put a lot of hard work into it. Unfortunately though, I can't say the same for those who make the biggest difference to my class.

If things change and nothing else has me hooked, then I'll probably return. In the meantime though, what is there to do?
    Don't you think if it was easy to balance the classes it would be done? Don't you think that if Trion could make everything better with the wave of a magic wand they would? it would make them more money and that is what all this is about. Making everything better and attaining the holy grail class balance is just not possible. i said it before, I will say it again, Class balance in MMOs is a journey not a destination.

Plane Touched

Actually what I find the most interesting about this thread is that my spell checker says that disgusting is spelled wrong and I have to over ride it.
    Last edited by Raduk; 06-25-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Rift Disciple

All MMOs have their failings. All this ragequit begs the question, where are all these people ragequiting going back to? WoW? That game is far from perfect. Even if you think WoW is a better game you probably played it to death and have been long bored of the game hence why you gave Rift a shot.

I've played most of the MMOs out there and Rift with all it's problems seems good enough for me and tolerable. I'll add my 2 cents when we get nerfed too hard but I enjoy playing MMOs too much to let a bit of imbalance to make me ragequit all together.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by suroktheslayer View Post
    All MMOs have their failings. All this ragequit begs the question, where are all these people ragequiting going back to? WoW? That game is far from perfect. Even if you think WoW is a better game you probably played it to death and have been long bored of the game hence why you gave Rift a shot.

I've played most of the MMOs out there and Rift with all it's problems seems good enough for me and tolerable. I'll add my 2 cents when we get nerfed too hard but I enjoy playing MMOs too much to let a bit of imbalance to make me ragequit all together.
    Back to WoW....the King of the flavor of the month nerf and buff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast