+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to get Trion to listen to mage concerns?

Default What does it take to get Trion to listen to mage concerns?

Clearly trying to reason with them and providing thousands upon thousands of parse hours is getting the mages nowhere. As things stand now, any raid leader would have to be mildly insane to take more than 2-3 mages on any fight where a guild is trying to progress. You know, the 85% of the raiders that didn't have both 20 man raid instances on farm for a month before this? Those people? Trion has demonstrated time and time again that they simply could care less about 1/4th of its subscriber base. Let's return the favor and cancel our accounts. As things stand now, my subscription will terminate at the end of this billing period.

tl;dr: Trion doesn't listen, vote with your wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiffference View Post
    Clearly trying to reason with them and providing thousands upon thousands of parse hours is getting the mages nowhere. As things stand now, any raid leader would have to be mildly insane to take more than 2-3 mages on any fight where a guild is trying to progress. You know, the 85% of the raiders that didn't have both 20 man raid instances on farm for a month before this? Those people? Trion has demonstrated time and time again that they simply could care less about 1/4th of its subscriber base. Let's return the favor and cancel our accounts. As things stand now, my subscription will terminate at the end of this billing period.

tl;dr: Trion doesn't listen, vote with your wallets.
    I was going to say cancel is the loudest way to voice your displeasure.
    Mordon
    FINAL BOSS

aux

They're just like the rest. In other words, nothing will.
    I'm so BORED

First I'll say I don't mind the chloro changes I loved it the way it was but I was always the first to admit it was a little OP complete ***** could practically pro chloro with little to no practice, now it has some skill factor.

Pyro needed a little reworking for pvp but not what it got, shooting mosquitoes with a cannon doesn't work and would it kill you to PLEASE take that 9% health loss off for pve? or all together? would make it more raid viable for new bosses with high aoe damage its not a REAL issue yet but I have a feeling it will be.

was it really too hard to leave SC/ELE the way it was and somehow just nerf to all hell just the AoE aspect? the rotation to compete now is far too complex for a raid setting (at least for most players I enjoy a complex rotation but its just silly)

Necro/Lock was a step in the right direction (as was pyro for pve) but still needs a little bit more oil on the gears to really compete

Dom - love everything about it. don't care what anyone says.

I have however come to the conclusion that the mage devs do not take pride in there job or have never played a mage SO MUCH potential for a mage with the soul style in this game I could go on for days! yet everything is pretty blah and out of sync. Or Mages are just the whipping boy so that if someone gets a nerf they say "hey bud at least your not a mage" and I have seen that said in the 50s channel. a lot. You also know its really bad when you are in a lowbie zone for whatever reason and someone new to the game asks a question about mages and EVERYONE says, " do yourself a favor and reroll before you get too into it you will be glad you did"
    Last edited by Magetron; 06-25-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Soulwalker

Well my 2 accounts end in nine days
    Like alot of us i love the old chloro/archon ,it was fun to play
    and lots to do with healing and keeping all the buffs up.
    Now im down to spam VL over and over again.Oh the fun.
    You would think a 1000 plus posts saying we don,t want this Trion
    would have an impacked but i guess not.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    Well my 2 accounts end in nine days
    Like alot of us i love the old chloro/archon ,it was fun to play
    and lots to do with healing and keeping all the buffs up.
    Now im down to spam VL over and over again.Oh the fun.
    I feel the exact same way.

Subscription plan: --
    Active time remaining: 9 Days

It's going to take Trion some time to evaluate the numbers coming in. I personally expect adjustments. Very clearly our dps isn't up to snuff atm.

But I strongly disagree with all the chloro hate on these boards. I like the new chloro a lot and feel our raid healing has gone up a notch.

There seems to be a disconnect here between the raiding chloro and the 5 man chloro. The two veil system is proving to be awkward in the 5 man scene, but raiding chloros are in a good place right now.

Im fine with some of the dmg reduction for pyro in PvP not sure why they put inferno back on GCD was just stupid to do at the same time without testing one or the other first.

Take inferno back off GCD damnit!
    PvP!!!
    Trion-WARRIOR
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    Waterheads....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rigator View Post
    yet everything is pretty blah and out of sync.
    I really don't understand why the Mage souls are so out whack with the other callings in this respect. The other callings have so much inter-soul play, why not Mages?

Quote Originally Posted by Geomags View Post
    I really don't understand why the Mage souls are so out whack with the other callings in this respect. The other callings have so much inter-soul play, why not Mages?
    Not really sure what your talking about. Certain souls pair extremely well with others while some others don't, it's the same with all Callings.

Telaran

They don't care. This is how Trion is going to rotate stale content.

You have 9 souls, ~6 of them will suck at any given time, and ~3 will be good. Next patch, they'll take the 3 good souls, nerf em, and then revamp/upgrade 3 of the horrible ones to be the new 'good' souls. Rinse/repeat every patch so that there's new 2-3 FOTM each time. EVERY mage automatically is enrolled to participate because they can swap builds at will. Whether they want to or not is irrelevant. This means fanboi's will automatically tell anyone who complains "Any mage can be the new revamped build, if you don't want to ride the FOTM train, that's your fault and not Trion's." a.k.a. "Adapt scrub."

So every patch, you'll have a new FOTM to learn the rotations for, spells etc. In 1.3 that'll be a necro/lock, in 1.4 it'll prob be something with Elementalist, in 1.5 one of the nerfed specs will make a return with some dumb revamp, prob SC with a new improved cold side.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

A cyclical content delivery system is just disguised as a soul flexibility system.

Quote Originally Posted by Alshyla View Post
    They don't care. This is how Trion is going to rotate stale content.

You have 9 souls, ~6 of them will suck at any given time, and ~3 will be good. Next patch, they'll take the 3 good souls, nerf em, and then revamp/upgrade 3 of the horrible ones to be the new 'good' souls. Rinse/repeat every patch so that there's new 2-3 FOTM each time. EVERY mage automatically is enrolled to participate because they can swap builds at will. Whether they want to or not is irrelevant. This means fanboi's will automatically tell anyone who complains "Any mage can be the new revamped build, if you don't want to ride the FOTM train, that's your fault and not Trion's." a.k.a. "Adapt scrub."

So every patch, you'll have a new FOTM to learn the rotations for, spells etc. In 1.3 that'll be a necro/lock, in 1.4 it'll prob be something with Elementalist, in 1.5 one of the nerfed specs will make a return with some dumb revamp, prob SC with a new improved cold side.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

A cyclical content delivery system is just disguised as a soul flexibility system.
    Exactly which of our souls are bad? There are plenty of builds that use a variety of all 9 souls we have. Are you saying not all can put out the same numbers as the rest? No calling in this game does that, no calling/class in any game does. It's just not possible due to how different souls/trees/talents work. The only way they could make everything equal is to only have 1.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    I have played 8+ MMOs over the past 12 years. Over that time, I have learned that Devs are are incapable of admitting they made a mistake.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-25-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Not really sure what your talking about. Certain souls pair extremely well with others while some others don't, it's the same with all Callings.
    Cross tree synergy with universal passives is much more common in the other callings. Mages are somewhat hamstrung due to spell damage being school specific, too.

We have a few low hanging fruit (like +5% crit in ele), but not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Cross tree synergy with universal passives is much more common in the other callings. Mages are somewhat hamstrung due to spell damage being school specific, too.

We have a few low hanging fruit (like +5% crit in ele), but not many.
    While I see your point with the elements, what calling doesn't have the same problem with most souls? None have the ability to just pick any 3 souls they want and expect them to all be equal, at most they have the same thing with the low hanging fruit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast