+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.3. Chloromancer - the way i see it (screenshots)

Default 1.3. Chloromancer - the way i see it (screenshots)

Hello,

So far just several screenshots, however, I will add more, since haven't played a lot and didn't have enough time.

1. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...625014642.jpg/
    2. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...624204050.jpg/
    3. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...624192016.jpg/

First, this is not a post about PvE, I have no idea what is going on there, but PvP chloromancer has been buffed. You may not believe me, but that's what I've experience so far. I know it's just 3 screenshots so far, but like I mentioned I will add more. I had 250k healing in codex but forgot to screenshot. Anyway..

My spec is, of course, 51 chloromancer / 10 warlock / 5 archmage. I've seen some people still play chloro / lock, but so far I am convinced that new chloro has all the healing and all the survivability just without the 3 minute cooldowns.

10 lock obviously for charge generation and Opportunity. 5 arch for 15% more damage.

New chloro has some more option than before. Void Life, even though disliked by many, is really nice in some AoE situations and can provide quick healing. The ex-Void Life Natural Splendor is fantastic anywhere where you see bunch of players. It is massive burst healing + damage. However, since channels have been fixed, you have to be careful and plan this CD otherwise an enemy can easily escape it by running out of LoS.

Single target damage might have decreased from chloromancer, however it is constant more healing due to reduced cooldowns, increased healing and the new ability Natural Healing. So I've seen all complain about it since it a very long cast.. But you know what? That's why we have warlock here with the Opportunity talent. Now in most cases I barely use synthesis, only on heavy fang / sourcestone healing. Lifegiving Veil gives so much more healing than Lifebound Veil that it usually is not worth to Synthesis a target - usually I just use instant Natural Healings if I want to keep someone alive.

Charge must be used well since it has many uses for chloromancer. 19% damage increase, all the channels, Wild Growth, Corrosion. Everything is used.

My 'rotation' if you can call one in PvP for castable damaging spells would normally be (not a rule): Ruin > Natural Splendor > Nature's Fury > Withering Vines > Vile Spores > Nature's Touch (get's priority on Opportunity) > Void Life (quick AoE healing priority)

I hope this post helps someone and decreases the negative feedback on chloromancer. I will soon add some more screenshots, or even a video, so keep tuned!

Sincerely, Murdoc.
    Last edited by Murrdoc; 06-24-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Plane Walker

Chloro's pvp options are much better indeed. Just as you said, I find that LGV is much easier, though when I try to keep a "tank" alive, I still am too used to synthesis him and try VL, to find that I am out of 20 meters thus not able to heal him (why couldn't empower veil boost the range of VL as well? Only makes sense...).

NH is indeed nice when you get the option (either opp or the healed one is smart enough to stay within your LOS and not charge 10 foes).

Veils not getting purged plays an huge part in this, but we still die very easily under focus, that is not gonna change.
    Last edited by noche; 06-24-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    Chloro's pvp options are much better indeed. Just as you said, I find that LGV is much easier, though when I try to keep a "tank" alive, I still am too used to synthesis him and try VL, to find that I am out of 20 meters thus not able to heal him (why couldn't empower veil boost the range of VL as well? Only makes sense...).

NH is indeed nice when you get the option (either opp or the healed one is smart enough to stay within your LOS and not charge 10 foes).

Veils not getting purged plays an huge part in this, but we still die very easily under focus, that is not gonna change.
    Yeah, survivability will always be an issue, however, before 1.3. I only had like Bloom and Fluorish to heal instantly. Now I have Nature's Healing to do that as well. So, what I usually do, is dispell myself, use the snare immunity ability, and if I am really under fire and there's no way that I can cast anything, I use the Bloom + Fluorish and then I spam instants till I get Opportunity for Nature's Healing. The best spam ability, in my opinion, is Dark Touch. I've survived a lot of fights by playing like that.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Murrdoc View Post
    Yeah, survivability will always be an issue, however, before 1.3. I only had like Bloom and Fluorish to heal instantly. Now I have Nature's Healing to do that as well. So, what I usually do, is dispell myself, use the snare immunity ability, and if I am really under fire and there's no way that I can cast anything, I use the Bloom + Fluorish and then I spam instants till I get Opportunity for Nature's Healing. The best spam ability, in my opinion, is Dark Touch. I've survived a lot of fights by playing like that.
    Mmmm... nice idea with dark touch, I overlooked that one... Gonna put it within my lazy macro (NT - VS - Ruin - DT), that way I can cast it on the run... There is one thing I find very annoying, amount of warriors suddenly increasing a lot more for the WFs I have been... their healing debuff is uncleansable, and is deadly vs us as we have barely any option of shield/survivable skills as 51 chloro.

So just me finding chloro to be good?

Telaran

Murrdoc is right.
    You he uses the exact same build that i use and chloro in 1.3 is great.
    The healing and damage is nice. And I really like void life because it offers a constant flux of aoe healing.

And not only chloro is lots of fun but there're also great dominator and warlock builds in 1.3.

Rift Disciple

Mostly agree, but as you say, that's in PVP. I use one similar to yours for BG, it seems Void Life gives more bang in that warfront. Also try out a 31 chloro / 30 lock / 5 AM - it's what I'm using in PS (WF and Codex vary more), and it's also pretty amazing. One macro for 31/30/5 - Nature's touch, Vile spores, Draining Bolt, Ruin, Dark Touch - in that order. Heals when standing, does dps when running. Its an interesting thing, topping the charts with 2nd or 3rd most damage done, most damage taken, most healed, etc. Chloro is extremely good in PVP with the new LGV. The rest, I won't comment on.

Telaran

pvp chloro has taken a severe boost, but I still can't get over the collosal nerf to their pve, but that's another story.

I'll try the 51 chloro for pvp with opportunity + arcmage boost but currently 47 theirs a different setup i use. if you guys havent tried this spec then don't try to put it down to quick till you play it but it seems to work wonders for me.

32 chloro / 10 arcmage / 20 dominator

i plan to try and take out arcmage and add in warlock's 10 point to see how it mixes up, both with the opportunities, as well as 25% charge gain which works amazingly well with arresting pressence. this spec is more a support/survival/heal mix rather then pure in either.

arresting presence can turn the tide of a fight in either of the WF's placed properly, enough heal dps still to give me mid to higher on the board for heals, and alot more variety. for example if you see a warrior or rogue starting to destroy people over and over just transferance them, and GG. maby the 50% heal debuff as well. dominator i like for quite a few reasons it's surivival if you face 1v1 ect. as well as it supports your entire party with some pretty nasty negatives on the opposing team. but those effects are heavily reliant on situation, and you can just chloro all the way in the meantime but it means no macro's for you lazy players out there.

as for arcmage it's 4 fold, 1 as you k now is the 15% dmg boost in pvp which helps offset the non lock in dps boost, and not using 19% dmg boost charge skill alot. and 15% less chance to be crit really improves my survivability tbh, so many people have 15-20% crit rates that it's enough to be deadly and cutting it to like nothing, i get crit for so much less that it's really quite significant, on top of skills like deny, crit rate boosted bloom/flourish and a multitude of survival + disruption + heal. makes for a great overall support in my opinion and it's worked well so far.

I also have a 32 chloro 30 lock and it may have more hp but it's disruption, and survival are far under my 32/10/20 and the dmg difference isn't much either. only some AoE's to toss in here and there and an occasional mortality among other things, but experience of playing both i prefer the 32/10/20, especially for supporting a squad, but for pure heal output and dps output the 32/30 is best but counting in that your heal/dps is great but that alone can't turn a tide when your gang banged into the dust while marked as a healer lol. and this way even if your heals dont seem to be enough to keep somebody alive, you can silence, transferance, "squarel" transmogriphy and a multitude of other options that the pure build or chloro/lock build doesnt have, and it kinda makes me chuckle at lock/necro's dotting the hell out of me when i jsut deny to purify ALL at once, then silence them or turn em to a squarrel lol.

ps: sry for the logn post, but try the chloro/dominator mix it's pretty nice, i like either lock or arcmage to go with it they are both nice, arcmage for more overall dps + survival, while lock for just dps lol.

no one disputes that chloros are better off pvp -- but they took it in the *** pve....gl healing a t2 with any significant party damage.

Soulwalker

Murrdoc, if I may ask can you get a little more into your rotations.

I love the 51/10/5 build and use it all the time for pvp however I cannot put up the damage you show in your pictures.

I have had many Port warfronts where I posted 300k-400k healing but my dps is but a small fraction of yours. I feel that I am missing some core functionality of the calling.

At this point if I haven't figured out myself it must be glaring me in the face and I just don't get it yet lol.

Any advice is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarman View Post

I love the 51/10/5 build and use it all the time for pvp however I cannot put up the damage you show in your pictures.

I have had many Port warfronts where I posted 300k-400k healing but my dps is but a small fraction of yours. I feel that I am missing some core functionality of the calling.

At this point if I haven't figured out myself it must be glaring me in the face and I just don't get it yet lol.

Any advice is welcome.
    This exactly. Murrdoc. Please Sir, enlighten us with your knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarman View Post

Any advice is welcome.
    Well, it's really hard to explain it but.. So as chloromancer you always need to stay in enemies range in order to heal, of course. Thus you're in range of your enemy and usually are focused. That's why I try to cast as less as possible to get some mobility and lesser chance of getting interrupted. Opportunity is our best talent and we have to use it as good as possible.

For example, you would wanna start with Nature's Fury - it has a short cooldown, so you can use it quick again, it does good damage, decent healing. However, right after the cast you would want to cast Dark Touch on your target (if you already haven't done it yet + no opportunity proc). Dark Touch gives additional damage + it can instantly proc your Opportunity if Nature's Fury hasn't done it.

After you have several choices, you can either Withering Vines + Ruin or Dark Touch (again depending on Opportunity).

For Opportunity you usually want to use Nature's Touch or Vile Spores due to their long casts.

Also you wanna keep switching your targets, you don't want to be reDoTing the same target.

Void Life is an ability I don't use much, but it's useful in certain situations, like massive flag fight or something like that. It's barely good if you want to heal 2 or 3 people.

Nature's Splendor is amazing and you want to save this for as much people as you can see. Be sure your channel will not break due to LoS.

Ahm.. Basically in an AoE situation - Nature's Splendor > Nature's Fury > instant Nature's Touch > Withering Vines spam.

If you got any more specific questions, that would help me kinda.
    Last edited by Murrdoc; 06-27-2011 at 03:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread