+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 Dominator video

Default 1.3 Dominator video

Threw together some crappy clips from my first day pvping with the new dom soul. Thought I'd fraps all of it and throw it on youtube. It's my first pvp video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swpy7yOPV9Y

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dictate View Post
    Threw together some crappy clips from my first day pvping with the new dom soul. Thought I'd fraps all of it and throw it on youtube. It's my first pvp video.

And all i get is 'could not load movie'

Weird, that link works for me... wonder if youtube is still 'processing' it. I just uploaded it about 30 mins ago.

Haha, some nice melee ganking <3 Poor fellas. Gawd I'm starting to like 1.3 :P

€: Obviously the vid works fine btw ^^
    Last edited by Elerina; 06-24-2011 at 05:04 PM.

commented there already

Plane Walker

Nice one, I learned some tricks from it. There is one question though, why do you cast death's edict and then haunting pain, is it worth to cast haunting pain at all? I was duelling some very hard hitting r6 warrior, who can use riftwalk to stay on top of me all the time, and couldn't down him before he hunt me down, guess I should use mass betrayal better... ty so much for the info.

Soulwalker

Looks pretty good there, dunno if i could give up my lock fears tho. They are just to much fun ;)

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    Nice one, I learned some tricks from it. There is one question though, why do you cast death's edict and then haunting pain, is it worth to cast haunting pain at all? I was duelling some very hard hitting r6 warrior, who can use riftwalk to stay on top of me all the time, and couldn't down him before he hunt me down, guess I should use mass betrayal better... ty so much for the info.
    Thanks, I'm still learning the ins and outs but I heard that Haunting Pain isn't worth it, however, with 51 dom 15 am, I don't have an arsenal of direct damage spells. When I mean direct damage i mean not dependent on the character moving or performing an action.

It's a FnF fire and forget for me, I cast haunting and then perhaps spam neutral prod. Its a really quick cast after a poly, but i'm sure you can find a better spell to cast than haunting.
    Last edited by Dictate; 06-24-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Plane Walker

Thanks, I'm still learning the ins and outs but I heard that Haunting Pain isn't worth it, however, with 51 dom 15 am, I don't have an arsenal of direct damage spells. When I mean direct damage i mean not dependent on the character moving or performing an action.

It's a FnF fire and forget for me, I cast haunting and then perhaps spam neutral prod. Its a really quick cast after a poly, but i'm sure you can find a better spell to cast than haunting.
    On a second thought, I have heard HP is bugged, I will need to test it tomorrow, apparently, regardless of target moving or not, HP does a fixed dmg x 5 tics and dissapears, which acts like a strong dot (it hits harder per tic than dark touch for example). The CC DR really makes me rage sometimes... like the life is not hard enough for a mage already.

So let's theocraft a little: assuming a good starter: squir (ctrl CC1), Storm shackle (mov CC1), accelerated decay/incompetence (which one would be better?), Death's Eddict (Ctrl CC2 - IMMUNITY, does its snare still work? After the stormshackle? Either way, mov CC2 - IMMUNITY) [At this point, the target is immune to all the CCs], Traitorous influence, Mass Betrayal, Thunder Blast (immune, ok dmg for kiting) or Haunting pain (casting, 1.5 sec due to quick thinking), then Neural Pod spam til immunity wears off (if target is not dead by then, I guess consider priest's lament, void shroud, etc.)

Rift Disciple

If you're a P6 mage, then spending 31 pts in dom/21 in archmage(nyx's manipulation)/rest in either dom or lock tree is the best possible spec for draining healer's mana. you really need a pocket healer tho, since dom has little to no survivability. still the hardest spec to play, but you can neutralize cleric healers / mage healers pretty quick. transference is nice against melee.

Video was terrific and I enjoyed it immensely. Only suggestion for you is to use your cleanse on yourself more. You'd have lived even longer.

But it was a great video and I added it to my favorites! Thx and keep up the pvp.

Ascendant

When is the best time to use Grasping Void? I'm always worried that all I'll accomplish is putting a whole group on snare DR.

Rift Chaser

If a healer isn't paying attention, Haunting Pain is a good opener as a dispell buffer before casting all your debuffs. However, if one movement dispells all 5 charges, really no point in wasting the 2 seconds then.

Plane Touched

nice clip and i play the same in most situations, but i doubt you go to solo gank in zarephs with full dom spec when there always few assassins looking for you to play the hero? can u give some advice against assassins and how to counter them as dom? they give me trouble the most.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 06-25-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Great video!

I have to ask though, did you ever use transference? It is really good vs. rogues and warriors. Basically locks them down for 7 seconds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast