+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 dominators, where are you putting your archmage points?

Default 51 dominators, where are you putting your archmage points?

If you aren't using archmage then wth are you doing. o_o

Before I fully understood just how much damage I'd be doing, I decided to spec defensive into archmage, so right now I'm using Concentration. But it seems like both hastened withdrawal and overload are extremely viable.

Thoughts?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

I went offensive into Hastened Withdrawal.

I hate Warriors THAT much.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

HW is a good idea. I went with Overload though. Dominators actually hurt and I like that

What I'd love to know is what people are using ability-wise in what situations. I don't know a lot about Dom, but I'd like to!
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

I'm far away from being an expert (started playing dom today ^^) but I figured it out quite good already I think.

It's not exactly easy to explain, but you got your 3 aoe bombs Traitorous Influence, Mass Betrayal and Storm Shackle. If you light all of 'em in a zerg, prepare for some nice lag because you'll see a gazillion of numbers ^^

The rest is situational, as you know. Against warriors and rogues Transference is key. You got tools to harass, drain and/or disable healers. You got mass snares and whatnot. You actually got a tool for every situation.

What you lack is survivability, especially healing. You'll need a little love because it's very likely you'll be the new focus target no1 very quickly ^^

Running away helps, because almost noone continues a chase once you squirreled them or stun/rooted them.

+ Reply to Thread