+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new chloro confused...

Telaran

Default new chloro confused...

As per my previus disclaimer: i'm new to Rift(migrating from wow)
    I'm trying to find posts that aren't QQ about chloro changes- no offense but i'm migrating from wow because the forums and comunity got to QQ centric-though some were well warented (look at Blizzards nerfs to WoW paladins).
    I'm completely lost as to wtf the point of have two simillar presences is. Does one do something the other doesn't? if so what was the point?
    I THOUGHT what made Chloro healing fun and unique was: do damage, get hots rolling-someone on rift.zam sugested that you start with natures tuch then ruin I think it's vial spores-the one with a blue icon. I'm only level 19 but wanted to be able explore and get compfy with chloro early- just when I finaly was able to comfortably keep a variety of people sort of up in public groups along comes 1.3
    I'm bafled. What changed so that now the DOTs I have on the main target followed by natures tuch for some reason green bars aren't even budging.
    Did I mis something in the patch notes? is the priority sugested wrong? User error?

I have to admit that having two Auras that seem to do the samething leaves me confused. At least acording to the tooltips: one only heals for 25% of your damage done for the AE hots, the other for 80%...
    Huh?
    Why would I get into the habit of using such a week hot? It's already strange enough DPSing to heal the group and if I understand to then toss around single target heals.
    It just doesn't seem to add up unless i'm missing something.
    Wouldn't it make more sense if the model was dot up mobs such that then the damage done by dps procs hots on them?

Again I'm new to rifts so if theres some part of this that i'm missing...

Sez

Games aren't QQ-centric, people are.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by xorv View Post

I have to admit that having two Auras that seem to do the samething leaves me confused. At least acording to the tooltips: one only heals for 25% of your damage done for the AE hots, the other for 80%...
    Huh?
    Why would I get into the habit of using such a week hot? It's already strange enough DPSing to heal the group and if I understand to then toss around single target heals.
    It just doesn't seem to add up unless i'm missing something.
    Wouldn't it make more sense if the model was dot up mobs such that then the damage done by dps procs hots on them?

Again I'm new to rifts so if theres some part of this that i'm missing...
    It sounds like you haven't read everything you have available in your tooltips.

LGV is for AoE healing ONLY.
    LBV is for Single-Target (i.e. tank or 5-mans) ONLY.

LGV no longer works with Synthesis, thus enforcing it's AoE healing emphasis. Applying Synthesis to a tank, however, automatically applies LBV to you; thus enforcing it's tank or group healing emphasis.

You aren't losing your AoE heal capabilities; you simply sacrifice some of it to better heal tanks, or retain all of it to evenly heal everyone.

In the future, when complaining about a change, try to discuss the change, and not what drove you away from wherever you were before. Nobody cares.
    4/4 DH | 4/4 GP | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS 3.5/10 HK

Telaran

Default just confused

i'm not complaning as I'm to new to the game to do so. More confused and looking for help. In so far as WoW went plenty of other people noted issues with the comunity and how long in the tooth Cata has made WoW feel. On the Rifts side of the equation I'm to new to the game to inteligently comment on ideas I might be wrong though. I thought I did read the tooltips-it's vary remotely possible that the soulbuilder on rift.zam is out of date or something.
    However that is why I'm asking for clairifcation I hope i'm doing so in a constructive maner.
    That being said it's kind of odd to have to auras- though I'm used to aura swaping to a degre from wow paladins. So let me see if I have this right: for practice (lol in sofar as it's possible) next time i'm in a invasion I'd want Life Blood? or did I reed that wrong?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by xorv View Post
    So let me see if I have this right: for practice (lol in sofar as it's possible) next time i'm in a invasion I'd want Life Blood? or did I reed that wrong?
    If you're in an invasion, and you're the only healer, yes, put Synthesis on the tank and go with Lifegiving Blood.

If there are multiple healers, then you are going to be far more useful doing AOE heals, so use Lifegiving Veil.

Also, if the tank is taking very little/no damage, usually it's the dps and heals that will be taking damage from boss AOE, so you would go with Lifegiving Veil there too.

Soulwalker

Default Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Laehvul View Post
    It sounds like you haven't read everything you have available in your tooltips.

LGV is for AoE healing ONLY.
    LBV is for Single-Target (i.e. tank or 5-mans) ONLY.

LGV no longer works with Synthesis, thus enforcing it's AoE healing emphasis. Applying Synthesis to a tank, however, automatically applies LBV to you; thus enforcing it's tank or group healing emphasis.

You aren't losing your AoE heal capabilities; you simply sacrifice some of it to better heal tanks, or retain all of it to evenly heal everyone.

In the future, when complaining about a change, try to discuss the change, and not what drove you away from wherever you were before. Nobody cares.
    may be you should read the tool tips as they fail to explain the differance LBV and LFV. It fails to mention that LBV only works on the synth target. Its really sloppy work and the *** wit that wrote was 2 lazy to write a new one and just copy paste the old one and swaped the values.

for me personaly its poor and has fallen short of whats was needed to make chloro a viable raid healer
    Last edited by Balthazod; 06-24-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazod View Post
    may be you should read the tool tips as they fail to explain the differance LBV and LFV. It fails to mention that LBV only works on the synth target. Its really sloppy work and the *** wit that wrote was 2 lazy to write a new one and just copy paste the old one and swaped the values.

for me personaly its poor and has fallen short of whats was needed to make chloro a viable raid healer
    I can't speak for your game, but MY game also has tooltips on other helpful spells... such as Synthesis.
    4/4 DH | 4/4 GP | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS 3.5/10 HK

+ Reply to Thread