+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Chloro PvP?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Oyjord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default Chloro PvP?

    Hi all,

    I'm new to 50, and just having a blast in Scion, but I need to sample various specs. Lock/Necro is my go to, fun, with some survivability. I tried Ele/SC, but my DPS was low compared to my Lock/Necro (surely I must've been doing s.thing wrong), and there was zero survivability.

    So I swapped to my single target Chloro PvE role I use to heal my guild's 5 mans. Hmmm. It was fun. I didn't know what I was doing, really, and I had VERY low DPS, but my heals were near the top of the chart.

    I'd like to ask, is there a specific rotation/priority system for Chloro PvP, with DPS, not heals, but DPS, in mind? I'd like to up my DPS in Scion just a tad, to see how fun the role compares.

    Appreciate it.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Use LGV unless it's just you and a buddy trying to cap something and nobody else is nearby.

    You should be keeping Nature's Fury and Nature's Touch on CD whenever you can. Long cast time on NT might make that difficult if you're up against a lot of melee.

    Anytime there's anything, even a pet, in melee range, use Corrosion. I've accidentally pulled more Rogues out of stealth with that than I can count. It's also good for fire-and-forget heals, even if they are pretty small.

    Void Life, Nature's Splendor, Stream of Reclamation have been giving me issues since patch. A pebble in the way interrupts the cast, so before I fire those off I make sure my target has no chance to LoS.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Oyjord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Use LGV unless it's just you and a buddy trying to cap something and nobody else is nearby.

    You should be keeping Nature's Fury and Nature's Touch on CD whenever you can. Long cast time on NT might make that difficult if you're up against a lot of melee.

    Anytime there's anything, even a pet, in melee range, use Corrosion. I've accidentally pulled more Rogues out of stealth with that than I can count. It's also good for fire-and-forget heals, even if they are pretty small.

    Void Life, Nature's Splendor, Stream of Reclamation have been giving me issues since patch. A pebble in the way interrupts the cast, so before I fire those off I make sure my target has no chance to LoS.
    Exceptionally helpful post, thanks!

    Since you clearly know what you're talking about, do you find Chloro fun in PvP?

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Anytime there's anything, even a pet, in melee range, use Corrosion. I've accidentally pulled more Rogues out of stealth with that than I can count. It's also good for fire-and-forget heals, even if they are pretty small.
    yeah, macroing corrosion in wathever spell you use its not a bad idea, corrosion costs so little charge that its nearly unnoticeable.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oyjord View Post
    Exceptionally helpful post, thanks!

    Since you clearly know what you're talking about, do you find Chloro fun in PvP?
    It's an absolute blast. Gets tiresome if you're queuing nonstop against Warriors, though. They have a lot of ways to lock you down and forcing you to move, which means you're relying on instant-cast CD's to heal. Not so bueno when they have a 15s undispellable heal debuff.

    When I run with Guildies, absolutely. It's the most enjoyable way to play, imo.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    I love Chloro since 1.3, too! The survivability, even as 51 chloro without the fancy WL tools, is amazing.

    The healing output is very convincing. I need to recheck Nature's Touch though, since Stigas says he still thinks it's best. The cast time makes it kinda meh and while using LGV I completely skip it in my "rotation". It's basically VL spam and NF whenever I feel like it. Ruin on c/d and all the other goodies whenever I feel the need.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    I love Chloro since 1.3, too! The survivability, even as 51 chloro without the fancy WL tools, is amazing.

    The healing output is very convincing. I need to recheck Nature's Touch though, since Stigas says he still thinks it's best. The cast time makes it kinda meh and while using LGV I completely skip it in my "rotation". It's basically VL spam and NF whenever I feel like it. Ruin on c/d and all the other goodies whenever I feel the need.
    I'm by no means an expert. I still try and do the most damage I can, and even after the nerf I'm still seeing crits on Nature's Touch in the 900's, which would be an uninterrupted Void Life if all 3 ticks crit. If someone else has better info, I'd be happy to be wrong.

    I agree with you. I feel a lot sturdier now. Probably because I have the option of dropping back to heal. The Bloom buff is pretty awesome too! Seeing 3k'ish crits at times (Motif up). Not too shabby imo.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I'm loving my chloro in pvp even more then I did before the patch. I still run a 33/33 split betweem chloro and warlock as it still heals like a champ, can kill players, and has the survivabilty to get me out situations alive when i get focused by the other team.

    Plus watching rogues kill themselves off your warlock armor makes me giggle for some reason...

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Yeah it really rocks. Gonna give the hybrid a shot soon, too. Love Natural Splendor and Blight too much atm though ^^

    And I just tried 51 Dominator. Lmao, that's like cheating - really having a blast

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    for PvP chloro I play 28 chloro/33 lock/5AM

    It's by far my favorite spec.
    5AM is good for the 15% damage boost but the best part about it is detaunt, which has saved my life countless times. With Detaunt, Neddra's essence, and shadowlife you can survive some serious burst.

    In big fights, like at the bridge in PS, I spam withering vine on multiple targets. I haven't looked at the combat log but just from seeing the number of green letters on the screen it appears that the AoE HoT stacks the more enemies you cast it on. With all those DoTs rolling and then throwing down Wild Growth you'll be able to easily counter the AoE spam of the enemy. I try to save Opportunity procs for Natures touch since Nature's Fury is our fastest cast now. I use LGV almost 100% of the time in warfronts.

  11. #11
    Telaran SmokinBuddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfe View Post
    I'm loving my chloro in pvp even more then I did before the patch. I still run a 33/33 split betweem chloro and warlock as it still heals like a champ, can kill players, and has the survivabilty to get me out situations alive when i get focused by the other team.

    Plus watching rogues kill themselves off your warlock armor makes me giggle for some reason...
    Say what?..you have rogues with 150 hp on your server?

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Oyjord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I fought a Chloro Mage in Codex yesterday, I think it took like 6 of us to drop him Man, I wish I knew his spec.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts