+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.3 Mage Nerfs = bad (actual reasoning and facts inside) with only a touch of QQ

Shadowlander

Default 1.3 Mage Nerfs = bad (actual reasoning and facts inside) with only a touch of QQ

First of all I would like to state I love all the rogues and warriors that know nothing about mages coming to our class section and defecating all over our discussion with such convincing arguments as "l2p, QQ and whine less, mages were so insanely way OP even before this game was thought up " as well as the classic, yes I have a mage too, nerf me more, I do like over NINE THOUSAND fulminate crits.

I mean ye, mages were infact overpowered ... if you count ONE single soul (out of 8)... in ONE portion of the game (PvP) as making a calling OP. This is how all the non mage players justify their hate towards us.... they were 2 shotted by an argubaly OP spec once too many times and now beleive all mages should be wiped off this game or be free kills to make up for their suffering. Might I add this so called OP soul would get 2shotted just as easy (after the GoS nerf), OH and it kind of stopped two shotting people once they fixed a broken game powerup that scaled differently across classes, OH and it got its main dmg spells reduced by 20% as well as having its finisher put on cooldown.
    I admit I am no PvP expert so can't comment on it too much but if Trion released a soul so insanely overpowered that it required countless massive nerfs each patch then I think we should all be worried about the competence of this company we're paying to nerf us each month. It's not even some exploitable spec or hybrid they could have overlooked and accidently made too powerful.... it's 51 Pyro with sprinkles in the Lock and PvP souls.

Seriously what, besides Pyro (IN PVP ONLY), were mages so overpowered in... I would love to be enlightened? Before this patch the best mages on these forums could never reach the DPS that the best rogues and warriors came up with (on both dummies and raid encounters). There is factual Parse proofs all over the forums behind this statements.
    As a result in 1.3 Trion goes ahead and nerfs our (yet again) only ONE good PvE DPS spec (the one that still couldn't keep up with warrs and rogues), it's okay though they buffed the other totally worthless (until 1.3) DPS souls to be pretty much on the same level as the nerfed SC/ELE (you know, the one that was never reaching the rogues and warrs before)
    All this backed by the Trion logic (yes the following is an assuming but this is the only logical conclusion) that after considerably gearing up in the Hammerknell (raids we won't be taken as DPS for) and after feeling like having to try much harder only to decrease but never actually close the DPS gap to warrs and rogues that maybe once we've spent two months there gearing up, we will finally be on par due to our scaling. Oh wait ...too bad testing with full hammerknell relics on PTS it was revealed our optimum is still quite below warriors: the plate class with about 2k more HP (dps warr hp vs dps mage hp).
    Okay so just maybe the enocounters in Hammerknell will be much more forgiving to ranged in which case *sarcasm* that totally justifies the illogical mage nerfs since once Hammerknell comes out, the already existing 3 raid instances will be taken out (in which the fights are pretty balanced out between ranged and melle having the DPS advantage). Also since classes are being balanced around High end raid content encounters that the majority of players will never see, the rest of the game will actually also be taken out and renamed Hammerknell.
    /sarcasm

If I am in fact being a "the sky is falling" cry baby I would love for Trion (or anyone actually) to point out to me which parts of my argument are wrong as the way I see it none of what was done to Mages in 1.3 (besides Dominator to a point) makes any fing sense.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable, I have pretty much compiled most concerns, reasoning and good arguments that mages have been discussing. All I'm asking is for someone from Trion to take 5 minutes of their time to address why I spent 3 months of my time levelling and gearing up a toon, just to be subpar in DMG to the other callings (taking into consideration equal skill and gear levels).
    Even a dev respone like "your doing it wrong" or "optimal spec and rotation for mages has not been discovered by the playerbase yet" would be a flicker of hope in a 1.3 dark Telara full mages feeling like they got the short end of the stick, just about to rage quit or waiting for the next good game to come out and leave the unfairness behind.

In my opinion the chlormancer/warlock/necormancer speccs are bastardly OP. They have so many ways to heal themselves... 3 heals from Chloro, one that 100% heals you, warlock with shadow life, bah, give it a longer cooldown, and necromancer with soul purge... Not to mention all the dots that tick along with radiant spores which also heals them. This along with the other things they got makes them VERY hard to kill while they can drain your health quicker than such a survivalist should be able to. Once this is fixed mages are fine imo.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Belterra View Post
    In my opinion the chlormancer/warlock/necormancer speccs are bastardly OP. They have so many ways to heal themselves... 3 heals from Chloro, one that 100% heals you, warlock with shadow life, bah, give it a longer cooldown, and necromancer with soul purge... Not to mention all the dots that tick along with radiant spores which also heals them. This along with the other things they got makes them VERY hard to kill while they can drain your health quicker than such a survivalist should be able to. Once this is fixed mages are fine imo.
    Biggest problem is that dots can be dispelled and if they are actively dispelled then the necro/lock borders on useless.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Belterra View Post

And this is overpowered in PvP and PvE? Because if we are only going to make changes based on one type of game play then they might as well just get rid of the other rather than keeping it for nothing. They have shown they can nerf abilities that are overpowered in PvP JUST in PvP and in fact boost them at the same time in PvE.

Shadowlander

At least it seems they are starting to sperate spell damages in PvP from PvE, which is a much needed step in good balance for both.

Shadowlander

Absolute rediculous nerf imo. If you look what Warriors or Rogues are doing in Warfronts i want to ask whatīs the difference ? The only problem with the mage class was this stupid red wing buff which worked in favour of mages in terms of 5k fulminate crits. Simple fix, remove it from the game.

If a mage is two shotting somebody thatīs the same as simply dying in the stun of a rogue or after the charge of a warrior. Not fun when you canīt do anything about it, so if Trion donīt want that to happen, do something across the board and not only in one calling. Of course these are not simple problems of the abilities, these are most of the times problems of gear scaling. This is already out of control if you look at the R6 equip and it will get much worse with the hammerknell gear.

But the funny thing is Trion burried the Pyro and created another beast the same time with or without knowing. Play a 51 Dominator and watch your enemys in tears when you drain them dry.
    Last edited by Draugris; 06-25-2011 at 10:23 PM.

I'm finding great success with 51 Warlock/15 Archmage/0 Archon.

Yes, DoTs are dispellable, but the bread and butter of the 51 Warlock is Empowered Darkness -> Void Bolt spam. VB's are hitting for anything from 1700 (geared R6) up to 2200 was the highest. With the short cast time and Neddra's Grasp/Dark Touch up, they're too busy healing through the damage to dispel.

I'm sure there's a weakness there somewhere, but when I pick a target, they're dying, unless they're a cheesy justicar no-skill spec, and nobody's killing them.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    I'm finding great success with 51 Warlock/15 Archmage/0 Archon.

Yes, DoTs are dispellable, but the bread and butter of the 51 Warlock is Empowered Darkness -> Void Bolt spam. VB's are hitting for anything from 1700 (geared R6) up to 2200 was the highest. With the short cast time and Neddra's Grasp/Dark Touch up, they're too busy healing through the damage to dispel.

I'm sure there's a weakness there somewhere, but when I pick a target, they're dying, unless they're a cheesy justicar no-skill spec, and nobody's killing them.
    Stigas that's good to hear, I was looking at the spec myself but was worried about the survivebility. What happens when decent geared rogue or warr decides that thou shalt no long longer live and charges you/stealth jumps you??

Quote Originally Posted by ActAppalled View Post
    Stigas that's good to hear, I was looking at the spec myself but was worried about the survivebility. What happens when decent geared rogue or warr decides that thou shalt no long longer live and charges you/stealth jumps you??
    Rogues suck to deal with. The 10s magic immunity (WHERE THE **** IS MY 10s OF PHYSICAL IMMUNITY?), if they're spec'd into it, is a deal breaker at my gear level.

Warriors are pretty easy. DoT -> Wither > Dark Fury and gain some space. Few Void Bolts -> Empowered Darkness -> Void Bolt spam, popping Neddra's/Shadow Life if necessary. There's not a whole lot they can do about it, unless they're Riftblade. Haven't seen many of those, but the root/silences suck.

If all else fails, Fear and quickly Reconstruct. sucks to lose that Charge, but you can get it back easily.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-26-2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Telaran

what about pve... ?

+ Reply to Thread