+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First run w/ new chloro [as war tank]

Sword of Telara

Default First run w/ new chloro [as war tank]

I've run with this guy before, but today was the first time since the patch that i've had a chloro heal me as a tank. We did xCC, he solo healed though the dungeon until the final boss, where we needed a bard.

Single target tank heals are definitely not what they used to be. He was able to keep me up (t2 w/ 10k hp, 12k ar, 50% block) through some 2x pulls, but my health bar filled back up in increments, whereas before it was just 30-100 in 1 shot. As long as I didnt die between NT cooldowns, I knew everything was ok.

Taking damage from one hard hitting mob is much worse now than before when being healed by a chloro due to void life being a staple and having 5-800 ticks vs. 6k NT's, but taking damage from a group of smaller mobs was cake for him to handle.

The cooldown on LBV/LGV should go. Some boss fights have aoe phases and chloros need to swap from tank to group to keep them up. he then had to basically spam the single target heal on me until the 10 sec (?) cd was ready to synth me.

The last boss did entirely too much aoe damage during ad phase and the dot (even just 1 tick) for him to LBV+synth, and she hit too hard for LGV to keep me up. Had no choice but to bard it after 3 attempts and just running out of heals. Some chloros could prob handle this, but I know from before 1.3 he could solo heal it quite nicely (also t2 geared).

Just thought I would share my experiences. I have a 50 chloro that I havent played outside of test dummies at all since the patch, i used to love healing through damage, and while thats not completely gone, it is definitely different. Chloro's can still do the job, but they have been taken down a few pegs. My experience with new 51 puri's has been extremely positive, and as long as the group stays close to me the overheal splash works much like LGV does.
    Last edited by Corebot; 06-24-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

Or he coulda just used LGV and made void life his cadence like ability with flourish, and only using natural healing on the tank. Especially with lock and oppurtunity you can double heal with NH and do like 6-8k real quick. Or Essence surge. Its entirely too easy actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrina View Post
    Or he coulda just used LGV and made void life his cadence like ability with flourish, and only using natural healing on the tank. Especially with lock and oppurtunity you can double heal with NH and do like 6-8k real quick. Or Essence surge. Its entirely too easy actually.
    The issue on the last boss is the stuns that come immediately after the knock back plus the dispelling. getting the group back to full takes a lot longer and if you lose one person you increase your chances of being stunned even more. It's doable but it is a lot harder now.

The debuffs land on pets now too which is new.

Not sure why chloros needed a NERF tbh... they were pretty much usless in PvP while perfectly fine in PvE.

oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkra View Post
    The debuffs land on pets now too which is new.
    Nah, it always has. It's just not often. It's wiped me quite a few times, I just tell everyone to put their pets up before the fight.

To the OP:

Now wonder what it would be like if you were new to T2 or the chloro was. It's Fing stupid. They really need to buff synthesis up quite a bit.
    Most forum users are neckbeards with the uncanny ability to over dramatize anything in a way that would make a crooked politican blush.

+ Reply to Thread