+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chloro has definitely been nerfed too hard!

Shadowlander

Default Chloro has definitely been nerfed too hard!

3 days ago me and 2 friends 3 manned the boss in the stillmore tower for the endless saga quest. I healed it as chloro, warrior tank, and rogue dps. It was a little hairy but we finished it and I felt like we could go back and do it everytime. We are all full T2/T3.

Last night we go back to the same boss to help another guildy. Same grp makeup except a warrior as dps this time. I can now not even come close to healing this fight. We tried quite a few times and there is no chance that I am solo healing this fight anymore.

Our tank said that last time we didn't he didn't use any cooldowns or even stress about the fight at all. This time we did everything we could think of short of kiting him as some have done with a sabouteur, and it was not possible. Tank blew every cooldown I blew every heal and cooldown and I wasn't even close to what was easy for me 3 days ago.

I am now specced 51 chloro/15 lock. I tried chloro/archon for the shield, and 51/10/5 combos just to see if I could feel a difference. What it came down to was quite frankly I just don't heal enough to fill the tank up anymore.

I then logged onto a cleric with the same lvl of gear and was able to heal this fight solo.

I don't really get too bent out of shape with nerfs and buffs as I lvl all classes to 50 and play whatver I enjoy playing that patch. However I am very dissapointed in this nerf so far. Chloro was A LOT of fun to play heals with. It was the most refreshing healing class that any mmo has come up with in a while.

I don't like posting what I am able to do with each class on the forums for fear of a tidal wave of players getting something really fun nerfed, but I will say right now there is NO reason to bring a chloro to heal. I can heal much much better both single target and aoe on my cleric right now. A well played cleric can do 30% better single targe heals (I am counting shields and dmg reduction talents since after all when it comes down to it those are just another form of healing), literally do twice the aoe heals of a chloro (if you have discovered this build please keep it quiet so its not nerfed in 1.4...)

So until the next patch I will be raiding with my rogue for dps and my cleric for heals. Sorry PVE players, with a new instance coming out and progression once more being emphasized in min/max guilds, a mage has one role in a raid... Archon. Go grab it quick!

Luckily for mages Dominator is a ton of fun to play so go PVP while we wait for mages to become wanted again. Also luckily I am in a guild that is all friends so a 30-40% nerf will not keep me from gearing my mage and I have all the other classes to play, but I feel very sorry for those of you in progression/min/max guilds with hammerknell out. Guild Leaders that care only about progression will only be bringing one mage.

Hopefully this wall of text will keep the trolls out. :P

Ascendant

just because clerics have a.) cooldowns & tools b.) more HPS c.) more healing variety (e.g. wards) doesn't make them better healers.

oh wait

Shadowlander

I don't even care that mages are not as good of healers as clerics. I would be fine with that. But a nerf that hits us so hard that we are unable to down content with the exact same setup that we were able to 3 days ago?! I feel very sorry for any Chloro's that are leveling!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sylcc View Post
    I don't even care that mages are not as good of healers as clerics. I would be fine with that. But a nerf that hits us so hard that we are unable to down content with the exact same setup that we were able to 3 days ago?! I feel very sorry for any Chloro's that are leveling!
    you just said

1.) I can heal X as chloro 1.2
    2.) I can't heal X as chloro 1.3
    3.) I can heal X as cleric 1.3 easily

how does that equal you don't care that they aren't as good as clerics?

chloros need to be as good a healer as a cleric.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    you just said

how does that equal you don't care that they aren't as good as clerics?

chloros need to be as good a healer as a cleric.
    Ill have to try this fight later. I wouldnt mind clerics having better heals if it was guaranteed that our top DPS spec had better DPS than theirs at least. As of now, Im not so sure.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Soulwalker

I think it's okay that chloro's can't heal the same encounter as good as pre-patch, but there needs to be situations where they are the more effective healer than a cleric. If clerics can do anything equally well, and chloro's can never do better heals, then there's a problem.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by sylcc View Post
    I am making a tank alt and let me tell ya Chloros sub 50 are pretty terrible right now. Clerics seem OK, but since the patch when I see a 32 Chloro trying to heal me and a group in a dungeon I just feel bad for them. Usually someone will stealth swap to heals so there are two healers. Has to feel great being that Chloro, and its probably not the fault of each and every Chloro. I am sure most could do their jobs prior to 1.3.

I guess I am glad I got my chloro to 50 before this thoughtless change to a class almost everyone liked. Now I can just park it until mages are reviewed yet again. I cant even find a DPS spec I like much now. Blah.

Shadowlander

I dunno what you people are *****ing about. MH'ed T2 DSM last night and did just fine, even in my average gear. The change to Essence Surge is fantastic, and the new Void Life is a super easy way to cheaply keep the tank topped off between NT rots. I'm 51 Chloro/10 War/5 Ele.

Just because the class doesn't play exactly identical to the way it was pre-1.3 doesn't mean it's 'gimped' or 'nerfed'. It's just different. I know, change is bad, everything should always been exactly the same as it's always been, right?

Shadowlander

Smile

I meant I would be fine with:

1. I can heal X as chloro in 1.2
    2. I can heal X as chloro in 1.3
    3. I can heal X as Cleric while watching TV because its so much easier

I'm not fine with:

In other words playing an MMO I expect nerfs and I expect us to change in comparison to clerics as the game progresses (as irritating as that is), I just think they went overboard this time and will upset all mages.

I agree that chloro should be on equal footing to a cleric for healing, especially now that equally geared clerics now outdps mages...

Shadowlander

In response to Iwantapony, there are videos of Bards healing DSM now that it has been nerfed so hard. Congratulations you can heal as well as a bard...

Yes it was a HUGE nerf not just a "change".

Go solo heal this fight in stillmore and then come back and tell me chloro healing is fine.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAPony View Post
    Just because the class doesn't play exactly identical to the way it was pre-1.3 doesn't mean it's 'gimped' or 'nerfed'. It's just different. I know, change is bad, everything should always been exactly the same as it's always been, right?
    Change for change sake is bad, yes.

Soulwalker

I dunno what you people are *****ing about. MH'ed T2 DSM last night and did just fine, even in my average gear. The change to Essence Surge is fantastic, and the new Void Life is a super easy way to cheaply keep the tank topped off between NT rots. I'm 51 Chloro/10 War/5 Ele.

So how well do you do leveling up as Chloro or not going 51? If neither is really viable anymore, then it certainly has been gimped in some ways factually.

Just because the class doesn't play exactly identical to the way it was pre-1.3 doesn't mean it's 'gimped' or 'nerfed'. It's just different.
    This (aside from the snarky comment at the end) is how I feel. I'm still healing for as much as I used to, but the mechanics have changed and I've had to adapt.
    Back to playing after a long hiatus, so not sure anything I did matters. D:

[4/4 RoS, 4/4 GP, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 DH]

Quote Originally Posted by Vouivre View Post
    ...or not going 51? If neither is really viable anymore, then it certainly has been gimped in some ways factually.
    I don't agree that having to put 51 points into Chloro would pronounce Chloro as "gimped." At all. It's a change, as simple as that. You are losing Opportunity procs and damage (>_>) and gaining a threat wipe from Domniator (if you choose), a large heal, an AOE channelled damage/healing ability... I really disagree that it's gimped by going full Chloro. They just give you different tools to play with now.
    Back to playing after a long hiatus, so not sure anything I did matters. D:

[4/4 RoS, 4/4 GP, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 DH]

Shadowlander

For all of you who are saying, I can heal t2's fine! Guess what, on my cleric I can put 32 points into sent and heal any dungeon in the game with 2 buttons while watching a movie on my second screen. There are bards posting videos of main healing t2's. They have been nerfed, they are easy.

Go 3 man this boss in the saga quest and tell me how easy it is to chloro heal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast