+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mage class is garbage - I'm done

Shadowlander

Default Mage class is garbage - I'm done

Warriors Rogues and Clerics are all out dpsing mages now, who have the least survivability, no tank spec, and the least mobility with the most difficult rotation.

Good choice.

I've only got 1 character a mage who i've played from beta phase 1.

i started this game with about 15 hardcore mmo players, i'm the last to go.

This nerf really ruined the game for me.

You have totally changed the class like 4 times. and now just as it was my turn in line for the teir 3 tokens (tanks/healers get first dibs on all t3) i need to wait weeks and weeks to get tokens for the damn teir piece.

that and having to re-learn my entire class, and doing complete and utter trash dps (Went from about 1800 dps as relic staff from GSB mage) to 1200 with this new - insanely more difficult rotation that gets screwed up with any movement.

while rogues and warriors literally hold down 1 button and pull 1900 dps.

This game isn't good enough for me to reroll another class, so i'm out after my sub finishes.

Plane Touched

maybe try to transfer to pvp shard and play few warfronts as full dom? its more fun instead of hitting dummies all day long, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    maybe try to transfer to pvp shard and play few warfronts as full dom? its more fun instead of hitting dummies all day long, just saying.
    having seen the average player in wf's I think thats still doing the same thing
    RIFT Whitefall server / Pandemik / Mage (Pyromancer) Level 10-50 in warfronts. 300k favour earnt before hitting lvl 50 / Guild Black Company
    First player on Whitefall pvp server to reach 5000 pvp kills (Cutthroat). 25k+ pvp kills now pugged the whole way - single target only.

WAR Karak Eight Peaks and Karak Norn EU servers / Pandemic / Bright Wizard / Guild Black Company
    DAOC Excalibur EU server / Pandemic / Troll Warrior / Guild Black Company

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wakazashi430 View Post
    Warriors Rogues and Clerics are all out dpsing mages now, who have the least survivability, no tank spec, and the least mobility with the most difficult rotation.

Good choice.

I've only got 1 character a mage who i've played from beta phase 1.

i started this game with about 15 hardcore mmo players, i'm the last to go.

This nerf really ruined the game for me.

You have totally changed the class like 4 times. and now just as it was my turn in line for the teir 3 tokens (tanks/healers get first dibs on all t3) i need to wait weeks and weeks to get tokens for the damn teir piece.

that and having to re-learn my entire class, and doing complete and utter trash dps (Went from about 1800 dps as relic staff from GSB mage) to 1200 with this new - insanely more difficult rotation that gets screwed up with any movement.

while rogues and warriors literally hold down 1 button and pull 1900 dps.

This game isn't good enough for me to reroll another class, so i'm out after my sub finishes.
    I'm sure you won't be alone. As another mage that is p6 and t3'd out and to instantly lose tons of dps .. it's discouraging at best.

I think you need to experiment with specs. i'm sure mage still pwns pwns.
    for example dominator/stormcaller has some stupid snare/cc abilities with moderate dps. perfect for pvp 1v1ing. 1v2ing 1v3ing. was good stuff on my 48mage atleast..

Quote Originally Posted by Anomolis View Post
    I think you need to experiment with specs. i'm sure mage still pwns pwns.
    for example dominator/stormcaller has some stupid snare/cc abilities with moderate dps. perfect for pvp 1v1ing. 1v2ing 1v3ing. was good stuff on my 48mage atleast..
    thats the thing this optimism is great and all but there is literally no options for a mage left without feeling like they got the short end of the stick up they're arse

51 dom is fun for pvp yes , very crappy survivability tho - warrior fear is just about as effective as dom's CC

and with my main concern pve - we cant even pull numbers close to some other classes wich is just silly

we are now a broken class plain and simple but you know what? people will still complain about mages because they want more free kills

trion if your reading this, mages will not accept to be shafted and most go with the fix us or unsub attitude, thats a lot of people gone think about your changes before implementing them please

I've been playing SC/Ele build since beta. So yeah, that nerf in all honestly, ruined the game for me. I really dont care about PvP (i still like this build in pvp, but really care more about raiding).

If the mage doesnt get fixed, thats it for my subscription. Wont go on in a game where the balance means a warrior does more dps than a mage!
    Retired

You guys realize that committing yourself to one build totally ruins the uniqueness of the game? If you want to stay with one build then go play something where you pick a class thens top. You have 9 souls. Try some different combos, find what ya like. Warlocks are great. Necromancers are great. Pyros are great. Just try different things. Or refer to my second sentence
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wakazashi430 View Post
    to 1200 with this new - insanely more difficult rotation that gets screwed up with any movement.
    What is this spiffy new, difficult rotation you speak of?
    refugee from Corthana and Byriel

In all honesty, the Mage class has been garbage in this game from day 1. Most of the souls are poorly designed, don't mesh well, and have terrible synergy. Because the concept of the class as a whole is flawed, Trion has overcompensated by use of continual buffs and nerfs which have resulted in 1-3 dominant specs which completely outclass anything else in their intended role. These Specs are then nerfed and now Mages are roughly back to where they were in 1.1, sub-par. What's worse, specs like Chloro, have been given questionable overhauls, Dominator being completely useless for months, Elementalist being specc'd into for 1 ability. Sc/ele being the only viable DPS build for all of 1.2 etc, etc.

You might think I'm crazy, but the one thing I could think of to save this class, that could be easilly implemented and make us competitive DPS again would be to have a Tempest/Overload type ability in almost every tree. Sounds crazy? Then at least move Tempest itself back down to where it was in beta. This would also fix another problem, that of Spell Crit being not a good stat to invest into.
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 06-24-2011 at 02:53 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Soulwalker

I am here just checking the boards to see if Trion came to it's senses but it looks like they decided to role out the ****pile known as 1.3.

I unsubbed two weeks ago after logging a few hours on the test server. Why they decided the lowest DPS class in game needed to have less DPS is beyond me. Nevermind the fact, we have to stand still, get no armor or HP, and have to manage 15 different macros. Why are mages even in this game? Why would ANYONE in their sane minds pick this class? I have never in my gaming life seen such idiocy.

Well ,good riddance Trion. Glad I dont have to check these boards anymore.

Shadowlander

I agree with the overall sentiment here.

The compensation for being squishy in every other MMO in the universe is higher dps. A mage in a Rift party/raid is a hindrance. Clerics can heal and dps better. Rogues and warriors out-dps them. There's just no joy in it after 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesriel View Post
    I agree with the overall sentiment here.

The compensation for being squishy in every other MMO in the universe is higher dps.
    This just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesriel View Post
    A mage in a Rift party/raid is a hindrance.
    That is not entirely true. Archons are still credit to team. But yeah, bringing more than that one Mage to a raid is just stupid if you have anything else that can come.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    This just isn't true.
    What in your opinion does a Raid mage bring to the table(other than Archon)? What would justify a Mage's Raid spot over a Cleric/Rogue/War?

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast