+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You ready to fix the over nerf you did to mages yet?

Default You ready to fix the over nerf you did to mages yet?

People are actually suggesting that mages all go chrolo and let the clerics DPS instead. And yes I know the clerics are still claiming they need a dps boost. Please.

This is by far the worst and most untested patch Trion has put out to date. Over nerfing, A horrible LFG tool change, Crashing at 10:30 on the dot, the only thing that has been an improvement is GS didn't bubble bug but I have no idea if that was just luck as there was no mention of it in the patch notes.

Get rid of the pick a date and push attitude you guys have adopted. You once said you were about quality. If that is the case DO A BETTER JOB AT QA! This build should never have been pushed to live.

It's bad enough to get beat again with the nerf bat and have to completely relearn how to play a class. Adding a ton of new bugs that take min a month to fix is getting to be too much. Fix it. and FFS when I put in a bug into the game tool don't tell me to go to the website to log it so that I can be told to log it in game. Get your crap together. Your CS sucks almost as bad as your QA.
    Last edited by Mahkra; 06-24-2011 at 06:19 AM.

I have to admit I am a little amazed at how much damage Clerics can do, and take. I've never seen anything like it in any game.

Rift Disciple

I have seen no difference on my mage at all, so not sure where this nerf you're talking about happened.

I can also do great dps on my cleric, but take much longer to kill a single target than I do on my mage.

Got to love these dont nerf me but nerf them threads..

Really when will you guys get a clue and STOP calling for nerfs left and right??

Karma has a weird way of working...

Shadowlander

The reason these patches arent tested properly or enough is because people like you whine and cry on the forums but you wont go on the PTS and test these builds and put the time into it... mages arent that bad, ive seen mages doing 1500-1600 dps.

now i have a question for you mages... What would you like to see change with mage dps?

and dont say "mages should be the highest dps" because that is not the case, if the boss design stays the same melee should do the highest dps when they dont have to move so much, the reason for that is that melee take alot more damage and run a higher risk from standing in melee range, they also have to move alot more.

so mages what do you want to see changed?
    Last edited by shadowburnz; 06-24-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mourne View Post
    I have seen no difference on my mage at all, so not sure where this nerf you're talking about happened.

I can also do great dps on my cleric, but take much longer to kill a single target than I do on my mage.
    I suggest you go look at the parses in the mage forum. I lost about 2-300 dps. If your dps is that bad on your cleric i suggest you spend more time on the cleric boards as well. My cleric easily matches my T2.5 geared mages DPS in T1.5 gear on single targets. It's also dam close on AE but my cleric can pull a lot more mobs and come out full health.

Cleric easily takes on 10 or more same level mobs. Comes out with full health 3/4 mana
    Mage if done perfectly takes on no more then 7. Might have 10% hp left.

With equal geared toons all other classes are easily beating out mages in DPS. I thought mages were supposed to be a DPS Class. Sure seems like we are just supposed to be support.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkra View Post
    People are actually suggesting that mages all go chrolo and let the clerics DPS instead. And yes I know the clerics are still claiming they need a dps boost. Please.

This is by far the worst and most untested patch Trion has put out to date. Over nerfing, A horrible LFG tool change, Crashing at 10:30 on the dot, the only thing that has been an improvement is GS didn't bubble bug but I have no idea if that was just luck as there was no mention of it in the patch notes.

Get rid of the pick a date and push attitude you guys have adopted. You once said you were about quality. If that is the case DO A BETTER JOB AT QA! This build should never have been pushed to live.

It's bad enough to get beat again with the nerf bat and have to completely relearn how to play a class. Adding a ton of new bugs that take min a month to fix is getting to be too much. Fix it. and FFS when I put in a bug into the game tool don't tell me to go to the website to log it so that I can be told to log it in game. Get your crap together. Your CS sucks almost as bad as your QA.

Chloro? Huh? Were pointless. I averaged 200 DPS and 350 HPS in a 20 man yesterday..
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Rift Disciple

L2P mages are still good. all the classes got nerf in dps, so its balanced out instead of mages being OP for 5 months straight.

I suggest you go look at the parses in the mage forum. I lost about 2-300 dps. If your dps is that bad on your cleric i suggest you spend more time on the cleric boards as well. My cleric easily matches my T2.5 geared mages DPS in T1.5 gear on single targets. It's also dam close on AE but my cleric can pull a lot more mobs and come out full health.

Cleric easily takes on 10 or more same level mobs. Comes out with full health 3/4 mana
    Mage if done perfectly takes on no more then 7. Might have 10% hp left.

With equal geared toons all other classes are easily beating out mages in DPS. I thought mages were supposed to be a DPS Class. Sure seems like we are just supposed to be support.
    Not quite. I can pull roughly 10-12 level 50 mobs on either my Cleric or Mage, and end the fight near full health/mana on both. The only downside to the Mage is watching cooldowns.

I do agree that SC took more of a hit than I would have liked to see, but it's a good excuse to test out other builds for viability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

These threads/post crack me up.
    Sure I saw a difference on my mage, but guess what. I tested a few additional items, modified a few things on my end and I am back in business.

Maybe you should be involved with the PTS more if you are going to complain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowburnz View Post
    The reason these patches arent tested properly or enough is because people like you whine and cry on the forums but you wont go on the PTS and test these builds and put the time into it... mages arent that bad, ive seen mages doing 1500-1600 dps.

now i have a question for you mages... What would you like to see change with mage dps?

and dont say "mages should be the highest dps" because that is not the case, if the boss design stays the same melee should do the highest dps when they dont have to move so much, the reason for that is that melee take alot more damage and run a higher risk from standing in melee range, they also have to move alot more.

so mages what do you want to see changed?
    The reason why these changes aren't tested is because Trion is not spending the resource to do so and they are picking dates and pushing, which is industry standard.

I don't get a pay check from Trion. I actually pay to play. When I get paid I might spend more time on the test server. But then when I submit bugs they actually need to address them as well. Something they also don't seem to do on live. Instead they close them, tell me to go to the website to submit them who then tells me to submit them in game.

Did you even read what I posted. I didn't say top DPS. I said not last place in DPS. I should at least have a chance to be top DPS depending on mechanics and spec. Right now I don't and nothing I can do is going to change that. The parses I am referring to come from Plutonis which is a straight dps fight and everyone is equal.

What do we want to see changed? We want our dps back. How is that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy View Post
    Sure I saw a difference on my mage, but guess what. I tested a few additional items, modified a few things on my end and I am back in business.

Maybe you should be involved with the PTS more if you are going to complain like this.
    Go visit the mage forums. Stats are there to back it.

Soulwalker

I support this !

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy View Post

Also if you were on PTS a lot, you did a horribad job at testing. Most of the bugs and stupid things I have seen on live should have been caught by a 13 year old. How they made it to live I have no idea.

Shadowlander

The reason why these changes aren't tested is because Trion is not spending the resource to do so and they are picking dates and pushing, which is industry standard.

I don't get a pay check from Trion. I actually pay to play. When I get paid I might spend more time on the test server. But then when I submit bugs they actually need to address them as well. Something they also don't seem to do on live. Instead they close them, tell me to go to the website to submit them who then tells me to submit them in game.

Did you even read what I posted. I didn't say top DPS. I said not last place in DPS. I should at least have a chance to be top DPS depending on mechanics and spec. Right now I don't and nothing I can do is going to change that. The parses I am referring to come from Plutonis which is a straight dps fight and everyone is equal.

What do we want to see changed? We want our dps back. How is that hard to understand?
    do you expect Trion to read your mind, just the comment of i'm not getting paid to test is pure stupidity... they want your input in these PTS events so that threats like this don't pop up, if your involved in the testing process of these new patches and builds then you can submit feedback in a constructive manner and not just saying "where is mah dps!!!" if you come on the PTS with a constructive statement such as "the nerf to "X" is resulting in substantially lower dps then other classes" then they can look at that and do something about the nerf to "X" before it goes live and it wont effect your real character. the problem is your attitude, your complain about them doing something you don't like but you don't know what you would like. the attitude of "we don't like any change" is not going to help anything things are going to change get used to it

if your not happy with the game then don't play. we wont miss your whining on the forums

and please enlighten me on what these horrible bugs that should be caught by a 13 year old are...
    Last edited by shadowburnz; 06-24-2011 at 06:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast