+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-50 chloro healing

Plane Walker

Default Pre-50 chloro healing

I've tried looking in the other threads but I haven't found a good discussion about pre-level 50 chloro healing. I mean I've seen where people have basically just said we are screwedd but I just can't see being that much of a defeatist.

Last night I logged and respecced to as much of the chloro tree as I could being level 45 on my Chloro. But obviously couldn't get to the 51 point talent.

I then set out to heal a dungeon. Got random Runic descent. First go was rough but the tank was new and didn't quite know what he was doing. Not sure if his spec was right or not. Second run went better but we also had a level 50 in the group.

On both runs I was just using the old rotation of NT > VS > VS with LBV and Synth on the tank. I was still putting up RS out of habit but wondering if I should jsut stop that altogether now?

So my question is what rotation are pre-50 chloros supposed to be using? The old one? is it viable?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post
    I've tried looking in the other threads but I haven't found a good discussion about pre-level 50 chloro healing. I mean I've seen where people have basically just said we are screwedd but I just can't see being that much of a defeatist.

Last night I logged and respecced to as much of the chloro tree as I could being level 45 on my Chloro. But obviously couldn't get to the 51 point talent.

I then set out to heal a dungeon. Got random Runic descent. First go was rough but the tank was new and didn't quite know what he was doing. Not sure if his spec was right or not. Second run went better but we also had a level 50 in the group.

On both runs I was just using the old rotation of NT > VS > VS with LBV and Synth on the tank. I was still putting up RS out of habit but wondering if I should jsut stop that altogether now?

So my question is what rotation are pre-50 chloros supposed to be using? The old one? is it viable?
    It is viable, and VS still does decent healing, its just that it isnt as good as the spammable void life. But the healing done isnt incredibly lower. With wild growth and corrosion and other skills you should do fine. Also dont forget entropic when growth is on CD. I havent had to heal pre-50, but as long as teh tank is specced well you should be fine. I would throw 10 points into Warlock. That way you get the additional charge and Opportunity procs. Those will help a lot.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Plane Walker

Yeah to add to teh opportunity mention... I noticed last night that spamming VS just about covered me and occasionally threw in a bloom. But I was basically only using NT when opportunity was up. That seemed to really keep things going. I was so busy trying to figure out the base rotation that I wasn't mixing in Corrosion and all. I was using NF if I got an opportunity and NT was on CD and I saw nice numbers with that as well as corrosion when I did get to use it.

I think a few more runs and I'll be back on the top of my game again. Just looking for more information to put together a good healthplan for my future groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post
    It is viable, and VS still does decent healing, its just that it isnt as good as the spammable void life. But the healing done isnt incredibly lower. With wild growth and corrosion and other skills you should do fine. Also dont forget entropic when growth is on CD. I havent had to heal pre-50, but as long as teh tank is specced well you should be fine. I would throw 10 points into Warlock. That way you get the additional charge and Opportunity procs. Those will help a lot.
    Last edited by moda; 06-24-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Plane Walker

Shameless.....

Shadowlander

45 chloro/15 lock here.

I've done LH three times since the patch, and it definitely feels more challenging. For the most part, I think I can do it. I'm having to use Bloom a lot more I think, and it's a lot harder to bring a tank back up to full from 50% now. The final boss has proven to be a little hectic for me though, had a tank die once in one of the runs on him. Still using my same rotation as before: NT>VSx2. Throw in a bit more CD usage though.

I would definitely like to see Void Life have a lower point spent requirement to obtain.

I hit 50 a few hours before the patch came up, so I can't really comment on pre-50 healing.. but I really do think that void life should be lower in the tree. Once you get that, you won't really ever to use anything else unless there's spike tank damage.
    Last edited by Venditte; 06-24-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Plane Walker

yeah I wonder if they couldn't put it lower. Or if they want to keep it 51 then have VS more powerfil and scale it back at 50? But what's the point in that.

I am pretty sure that we will find a way. One thing that would help is if the rest of the raid would give the tank some time to secure agro and not go blasting away and pulling mobs before the tank has gottena chance to get them under control. Is that a bad tank or is that a bad dps group? Either way the only time I found myself in real trouble is when the mobs were running rampant and dinging the raid. That took my focus off the tank and then I ahd to try and heal everyone.. well with LBV that's not really an option.

which brings me to another question about switching LBV to LGV mid fight. Is that possible or something that we should be trying to work with?

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I hit 50 a few hours before the patch came up, so I can't really comment on pre-50 healing.. but I really do think that void life should be lower in the tree. Once you get that, you won't really ever to use anything else unless there's spike tank damage.

Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post
    which brings me to another question about switching LBV to LGV mid fight. Is that possible or something that we should be trying to work with?
    I think it's definitely possible to do that, though keep in mind the cooldown now associated with switching. Might make it difficult unless you can precisely time when your tank will be taking the most damage, though you would almost find it better to switch Veils because you won't have Natural Healing.
    Back to playing after a long hiatus, so not sure anything I did matters. D:

[4/4 RoS, 4/4 GP, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 DH]

Plane Walker

That's my thought.

I guess it depends on different fights.

Someone else earlier posted the breakdown of the two veils and it was something like LGV healed all raid members to the point that the tank would be healed like 9% less than it was under LBV, but that as you got closer to 50 it got worse I believe.

I tried to do a trash encounter last night with LGV and the tank got super smashed. Then again I think this tank wasn't specced right and possibly nto very well geared for tanking. I didn't check.

Maybe I can get a group tonight that will let me give an encounter or two and see if I can heal up using LGV and some bloom on the tank where needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestcoast View Post
    I think it's definitely possible to do that, though keep in mind the cooldown now associated with switching. Might make it difficult unless you can precisely time when your tank will be taking the most damage, though you would almost find it better to switch Veils because you won't have Natural Healing.

Yeah, the buff to Bloom has really been a boon. :)
    Back to playing after a long hiatus, so not sure anything I did matters. D:

[4/4 RoS, 4/4 GP, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 DH]

+ Reply to Thread