+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Chloro Healing in T2 AP

Default Problems with Chloro Healing in T2 AP

All geared with T2 Gear. We made serious attempts two nights in a row to complete AP. Prior to 1.3 I was Cloro/Archon and solo healing this instance with no problem. The last two nights we've been totally wiped in T2 AP.

The first night of 1.3 live, we had secondary warden healing and seriously struggled to get to the final boss and never completed. A fight that was previously difficult became impossible with wipes within the first minute of the fight. I originally chalked that up to learning the new 51 point build but now I'm not so sure.

Last night and the primary Point of this post: with a bard as support secondary healer and 3 warriors (MT Paladin), we kept getting wiped by Icetalon due to an inability to max heal the tank and remove Grevious Wound. I used the NT, LS, LS rotation with constant Wild Growth, Radiant Spores. Periodically I would use the 8 second channeled spell but seldom. I used Bloom, Flourish, and Essence Surge as needed. The issue was that at some point usually late in the fight, it became impossible to get tank to max health. The cool downs and the rotation simply never allowed it. If grievous wound got more than a tick or two on, it was all down hill from there. It became impossible to heal to max. Of course the tank used his self heal and pots. When icetalon started it's screech, it was real bad.

We are quite experienced players and this became very frustrating to the point we gave up. Previously easy fights with me as a Chloro/archon have become impossible post 1.3. I'm
    Not happy but am willing to say it's learning curve at this point.

Any thoughts here?
    When all is said and done ... too much is said than done.
    Rome wasn't created by meetings. They did it by killing their enemies.

Don't know, I ran xAP and solo healed it just fine yesterday with 2 severly undergeared DPS
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    Don't know, I ran xAP and solo healed it just fine yesterday with 2 severly undergeared DPS
    What was your build and rotation? How much health did MT have?

If the MT has 10.5k health, is that part of the issue? point.

I think the problem is that there is nice thorough constant healing (so long as it doesn't require too much movement). We did RD and CC with no real serious problems. But not enough huge heals or shields? The size of the Syth proc being reduced too much? Maybe reduce the CD on Essence Surge? I dunno.

Champion of Telara

Solo healing it may be a problem unless both you and the tank are both really well geared. If you and the tank are really well geared, or if you have a back-up healer, you should be fine.

I agree that nerfed Synthesis a bit too much, considering how much group healing we lose with LBV. Hopefully they will look into the issue.

The problem I see is that the changes appear to be geared toward raiding Chloros, who either group heal or tank heal, but not both at the same time. For 5-mans, where you often have to group heal and tank heal at the same time, the changes make things a bit more difficult.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-24-2011 at 06:18 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Rift Chaser

I ran DD with 0 issues the other night. Ice was always an annoying fight as chloro. I dont even use natures touch anymore, only when opportunity procs. Basically Chloro has become a 1 skill wonder with Void Life.
    Next time I run AP, ill let you know.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    All geared with T2 Gear. We made serious attempts two nights in a row to complete AP. Prior to 1.3 I was Cloro/Archon and solo healing this instance with no problem. The last two nights we've been totally wiped in T2 AP.

The first night of 1.3 live, we had secondary warden healing and seriously struggled to get to the final boss and never completed. A fight that was previously difficult became impossible with wipes within the first minute of the fight. I originally chalked that up to learning the new 51 point build but now I'm not so sure.

Last night and the primary Point of this post: with a bard as support secondary healer and 3 warriors (MT Paladin), we kept getting wiped by Icetalon due to an inability to max heal the tank and remove Grevious Wound. I used the NT, LS, LS rotation with constant Wild Growth, Radiant Spores. Periodically I would use the 8 second channeled spell but seldom. I used Bloom, Flourish, and Essence Surge as needed. The issue was that at some point usually late in the fight, it became impossible to get tank to max health. The cool downs and the rotation simply never allowed it. If grievous wound got more than a tick or two on, it was all down hill from there. It became impossible to heal to max. Of course the tank used his self heal and pots. When icetalon started it's screech, it was real bad.

We are quite experienced players and this became very frustrating to the point we gave up. Previously easy fights with me as a Chloro/archon have become impossible post 1.3. I'm
    Not happy but am willing to say it's learning curve at this point.

Any thoughts here?
    My lord I don't even want to attempt the last boss of AP by myself....
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

I had a pretty easy time in xAP as 51 Chl/10 Lock/5 Ele. NT > Vl > Vl (2 ticks) > NT. No Archon. Group makeup was: Rogue Rogue Warrior (Tank) Chloro. I think both Rogues were Ranger or Sab or one of those ranged flavors.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    My lord I don't even want to attempt the last boss of AP by myself....
    Why, what would your issue be exactly? With the insane amount your void life heals for, bloom, flourish for the Aoe, ruin for on the move heals ... radiant spores, opportunity procs, Wildgrowth, etc etc etc

Honestly, im not going to throw the term fail around lightly, but if you cant solo heal the last boss with the amount of instant heals you have, you are doing something wrong. Not to mention if the tank does get low enough you have essence surge ... Honestly there are some boss fights where I throw reclamation in just to up my dps.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Mt at 10.5 hp should be ok,but a deep pala spec didnt make things easier on you..the spec feels more ol´school tanky for the tank but no serious mitigation or support in that spec,maybe 100 dps increase to the tank and minor selfhealing apart from the panic button.

Soulwalker

Default Dissapointed in new rotation VL-->VL-->VL-->VL

I don't mind the changes made to Chloro's AoE healing vs tank healing. I think it's a neat concept to have to choose one or the other. However, after last night I think the tank healing was nerfed a little much. NT went from 5.6k to 2.5k and I haven't seen a real need to even cast it.

VL does 3.3k over 3s vs 2.5k over 2.5s with travel time. Eventually tanks that I was solo healing before are falling behind with an additional healer. I think to fix the issue all that needs to be done is to increase that additional heal with NT to make it a definite need in the rotation. Even if it was just closer to 3k it would have its place. I was able to do T2's last night but it was painful and I'm in almost full T2/T3.
    Last edited by 5iL3Nc3R; 06-24-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post
    Why, what would your issue be exactly? With the insane amount your void life heals for, bloom, flourish for the Aoe, ruin for on the move heals ... radiant spores, opportunity procs, Wildgrowth, etc etc etc

Honestly, im not going to throw the term fail around lightly, but if you cant solo heal the last boss with the amount of instant heals you have, you are doing something wrong. Not to mention if the tank does get low enough you have essence surge ... Honestly there are some boss fights where I throw reclamation in just to up my dps.

Probably a silly question but you're using LbV and not LgV right?

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. I'm going to say I must be failing AP on the new rotation and Ill check in again in a few days. I probably should have been using more Ruin when group health is needed either saving Flourish or using them in conjunction.

And people in t2/t3 gear that have grinded the place to oblivion will still be able to do it ofc,they know the hardhitting packs and have their mouseover cleanse sorted etc...but coming as a hopeful chloro straight from t1 its going to be a pain especially if your tank buddy only just meet gear requirements aswell or even worse his a roguetank that dont manage to keep his armor/dodge/absorb buffs running from pack to pack..gl all you upcoming chloros your going to need it.

Solo healed DD and DSM last night with a Cleric tank (11k HP).

The two of us did not die once through either dungeon; some of our DPS died when failing the dance on Skarn and Plutonus. We are a little bit over geared for T2s, but I don't think it's impossible to solo-heal them as a new 50 chloro (with 150 focus). It is, however, harder as a chloro to combat group-failure than it was in 1.2. On a more positve note, Bloom now takes a near-dead DPS and puts him at 95%.

Mostly used Void Life. Rotated in spores when they were down. Tried my best to use opportunity procs on NT. Always used corrosion+melee when not in danger of getting cleaved on.

I think healing greater-essences make a big difference.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by 5iL3Nc3R View Post
    I don't mind the changes made to Chloro's AoE healing vs tank healing. I think it's a neat concept to have to choose one or the other. However, after last night I think the tank healing was nerfed a little much. NT went from 5.6k to 2.5k and I haven't seen a real need to even cast it.

VL does 3.3k over 3s vs 2.5k over 2.5s with travel time. Eventually tanks that I was solo healing before are falling behind with an additional healer. I think to fix the issue all that needs to be done is to increase that additional heal with NT to make it a definite need in the rotation. Even if it was just closer to 3k it would have its place. I was able to do T2's last night but it was painful and I'm in almost full T2/T3.
    They do need to do something to increase tank healing a bit. Making Chloro more dynamic and difficult to master is fine, but nerfing healing at the same time was overkill.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 5iL3Nc3R View Post
    This is exactly my point but I'm willing to say I need to learn more. I think that the long the fight goes, the more likely it's going to end poorly. There just isn't enough Synth proc to keep tanks full. It just gets ugly.

Btw:I group healed a raid last night with ******ed good HPS. I think this is MT healing in 5-man and experts that is failing. And failing hard. But I'll keep trying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast