+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing/support spec?

Ascendant

Default Healing/support spec?

51 chloro is overdoing it... Any option out there?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    51 chloro is overdoing it... Any option out there?
    You own with 51 chloro. My tank just never dies. Its probably the easiest spec to run. Also if you go less than 51, I hear heals suffer greatly and lead to wipes.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post
    You own with 51 chloro. My tank just never dies. Its probably the easiest spec to run. Also if you go less than 51, I hear heals suffer greatly and lead to wipes.
    I took the OP's post to mean they were looking for a support healing spec. If so, I'd bet 51 Chloro is more than what is needed. I've seen some posts about the classic Chloro/Lock build (or a variation thereof) being better for support healing because it does more damage than 51 Chloro, but I haven't tested it so I can't weigh in.

Champion of Telara

For back-up, group healing, I am thinking about 40Lock/26Chloro http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...MhkVVxk.EdIuob

It looks like it would provide good group healing (but virtually no tank healing), and still provide decent dps when group healing isn't needed. I am going to try it out and see what happens.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-24-2011 at 06:08 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
    I took the OP's post to mean they were looking for a support healing spec. If so, I'd bet 51 Chloro is more than what is needed. I've seen some posts about the classic Chloro/Lock build (or a variation thereof) being better for support healing because it does more damage than 51 Chloro, but I haven't tested it so I can't weigh in.
    Oh, in that case. Then I would go 16 into chloro and 38 Lock and rest into archon. Thats my base spec for support. You throw up some debuffs and buffs, add pillaging stone buffs and radiant spores, with a flourish every now and then. Yea thats what I do, meanwhile your DoTs are ticking away. You can manage 600-700 DPS while casting other debuffs and buffs in between.

If you are raiding you should only have support or heals, having a mix doesnt work well imo. So either you go full Chloro or full archon depending who else is in the raid and what they are specced.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Shadowlander

Default Support

For times when I am support I am running a Chloro / Archon mix:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Ro.hMesMf0okrz

Using this I can keep Archon buffs running, increase the melee classes crit all the time, and use a macro for spam the rest of the time

#show Ruin
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Vile Sportes

This macro constantly heals the entire group and does great damage. Nature's Fury is awesome for group heals, especially if combined with a flourish as needed. You can throw Archon shield on any one other than the tank who seems to be getting occaisional aggro.

Ascendant

Yes it's just for support in t2s.

+ Reply to Thread