+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lvl 42 chloro/lock help

Shadowlander

Default lvl 42 chloro/lock help

hi guys, I got my chloro/lock up to 42 before I took a break from the game a couple of months ago. Now 1.3 is out, I decided to come back to it and check out what's new. To my surprise, there's quite some changes. I've searched the forums and got to understand some of them but I'm still baffled.

1. Lifebound Veil - from what I understand, when I'm in a group, it's better to have this up rather than LGV? I always cast Synthesis on the tank, using LBV makes more sense with Synthesis, right? I use LGV outside group play, when I'm solo questing because it heals me personally better. Do I understand this right?

2. from what I've read, putting 51 points into the chloro tree is recommended now. Life Void seems like a must. I'm only lvl 42 though and obviously can't get life void yet. what would be a good build until I hit 50? I was gonna with this build see here but now it looks like I'll have to rethink my build.

Basically, can a nice chloro player give me some pointers please? I would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks, Rob.

Shadowlander

anyone?

I played a bit again yesterday and I noticed then when soloing, LGV was keeping me alive really nicely, not sure if as well as last time but it was sufficient. now when I was in a group and had synthesis on the tank, LGV wasn't doing jack all, then I switched to LBV and the tank was suddenly staying alive a lot easier getting big chunks of hp. on the other hand I was more fragile so I had to switch back to LGV for a few moments to re-heal myself and then back to LDV for tank healing.

So am I right that LDV is best on tanks but doesn't really heal myself that well? I know there's some charts and calculations on the net that explain how they work but they sound like mambo jumbo to me and I just want someone to plainly explain how they work?

Thanks.

Rift Disciple

I haven't played my Chloro spec since the changes (I have lots of alts to play, heh), but from what I've read here in the forums, you're correct. LBV is for MT healing (if you have a pet while soloing, you'd use this and put Synthesis on it as well - just like you would your MT in a group). If you don't have a pet, you'd use LGV while soloing because it heals for more. LGV is for AoE healing. LBV is your MT healing veil with a little splash healing.

Yes, my understanding is there are some very nice healing abilities higher in the tree that make it easier, but the first one isn't until 44. The others are at 51. So, just do your best with your current abilities using the correct veil for the situation, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread