+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 50 Mage ... Chloro or Archon for pug WF?

Soulwalker

Default New 50 Mage ... Chloro or Archon for pug WF?

New 50 Mage ... Chloro or Archon for pug WF?
    I've just hitted 50 and bought all pvp gear there is avaliable for a rank 1 (2x rings, belt boots and hands if I recall well ) and from the pvp vendors that sell lvl 48 pvp blue items.

So now I guess it's time to start grinding favor/prestige... the thing is, I usually go chlorolock in Wf's.. but atm I'm not healing much , I guess this happens because I'm outgeared by mostly everyone. So I was thinking into run WF's with a full archon build so , since I dont heal much, I can boost my teammates dps and survivality ; I want to contribute to the war effort, not just want to be a dpser...

Any ideas/thoughts about this, suggestions? Am I playing chloro poorly and I need to get better at it ( used to play healer in all instances without problem and healed fairly well in pvp too until 50 )...

ps: Posted this in the pvp & wf forum b4, reposted here.

Soulwalker

Really depends on what you like to do, but obviously go archon if you aim to be as effective for your team as your gear allows to. There's also a really good spec i like to run, although this one's getting better as you get gear upgrades, wl-archon dotter-utility spec. Pop your buffs, get max stacks of searing vitality/ pilaging stone, cast volcanic bomb/earthen barage for 5% dmg/5% crit, then tab-dot everyone. Save crumbling resist and leeching flames for your main target. If there's a melee jumping on you, shield yourself with consuming flames, use break free if there's any slow on you and then curse him with flowing sand while keeping distance and casting dots while moving. Burn your charge with power drain/rock slide, fear healers.... it's a pretty awesome spec with tons of things to do. It's really up to your play style.
    Last edited by Spasma; 06-24-2011 at 05:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread