+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dominator viable as pve ?

Telaran

Default dominator viable as pve ?

How much is the dominator viable in pvp say 51 points with 15 in chloro for that little extra healing and go full on support? WOuld it work?
    'A mind without purpose will walk in dark places' - Gideon Ravenor

You are a Keyboard Warrior....

Quote Originally Posted by RavenorUK View Post
    How much is the dominator viable in pvp say 51 points with 15 in chloro for that little extra healing and go full on support? WOuld it work?
    for raiding and group pve, no. Unfortunately dominator's movelist is by far immuned in pve and/or hard to work around due to knockbacks and movement triggers that conflict with tanking at times. This includes the new 30 and 51 point abilities. It can have some uses in trash, and as a low point secondary (as well as against certain rare boss mechanics), but is not practical against boss type mobs generally.

oh wait sorry were you asking pvp (as implied in post) or pve (as said in title)?
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-24-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Rift Master

Dom in pve would only work in really specific situations.

Even tonight I was getting immune on the new healing skill in dom on bosses, incompetence.
    Shame because it's not like the heal is based on the dmg they do so I don't see how scaling would be a problem. I can only guess because it's coupled with the -% healing it shows immune.

Anyway - the specific situations.
    * You have a group that wants to cc trash. Been in a few of them but they are rare - mostly ppl aoe trash but teaching a healer to heal groups and making it less challenging is what I saw cc used for.
    * If for some strange reason you have some nimblenutt that can't seem to control their aggro... the aggro reducer you might be able to fit in to help them but that's a player problem and shouldn't even be happening.
    * You can find a boss that isn't immune to things - good luck.
    Last edited by Fernt; 06-24-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Telaran

yeah sorry ment to be put pve -.- bit of a brain fart there
    'A mind without purpose will walk in dark places' - Gideon Ravenor

You are a Keyboard Warrior....

+ Reply to Thread