+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have the developers said anything regarding mage DPS?

Default Have the developers said anything regarding mage DPS?

Im just curious because from my experience on my alt mage (running building storm sc / ele rotation - also trying necro lock) it seems there has been a pretty significant DPS decrease.

I ran GSB / RoS tonight and we used two DPS mages, they were so far behind everyone else we were legitimately thinking about having the clerics go DPS and having a few more chloro healers for AoE heals towards some of the later bosses.

Our rogues were still pulling solid numbers, our warriors who went from relic 2h'ers went to 1h'ers and were still somewhat competitive (though they lost some dps as well) our melee clerics stayed about the same but our mages just went down, no matter what build they tried.

Necro / lock was tried - the rotation became involved and took away from raid awareness. Im mostly talking about the soul purge spec. The defile spec is easier but was even less dps.

Pyro / ele - requires you to have very little movement and still relies on procs. (pray to the RNG Gods!)

SC / Ele building storm rotation - more complex rotation than standard sc / ele with marginally better dps. Still lightyears behind our rogues.

Im just curious if this is the case anywhere else, I DID NOT MEAN FOR THIS TO BE A QQ POST!

If anyone has any light on a better spec / rotation please tell me, I'll be more than happy to listen!

Telaran

im doing 1200-1250 on a dummy self buffed with PS, with both SC/ele and necrolock. Could be a gear issue?

Gas
    Telaran

I used to be among the top 2 or 3 dpser in GSB/ROS using SC/Ele around say 1.7k on Duke

Now if i'm lucky enough i get to see my name on the parse list from the bottom around 1.2k on Duke.

Can someone explain on what grounds do Trion make changes, what are they based on? do they give an explaination at least??

Telaran

No response yet, but i'm sure it will be fixed soon. They didn't keep the chloro changes where our main skill would be a cleric-like single target spam heal, so it's not like they completely forgot about us.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Gorge Express View Post
    No response yet, but i'm sure it will be fixed soon. They didn't keep the chloro changes where our main skill would be a cleric-like single target spam heal, so it's not like they completely forgot about us.
    Mmm... they did keep the changes, 2.5 sec castable NH is in game.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    Mmm... they did keep the changes, 2.5 sec castable NH is in game.
    We can main heal with Nature's Touch and void life though. Seems like when they first came up with NH, it was intended to turn us into single target heal spam bots that won't do any damage during the whole fight. Then tons of people cried about it so they changed void life to be a main heal.

+ Reply to Thread