+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mages not THAT bad off (Plutonus parse)

Champion

Default Mages not THAT bad off (Plutonus parse)

Did Plut tonight and scored pretty close to our other top DPS...

Raid parse: http://www.voodooguild.net/images/plutparse1.jpg
    Damage breakdown: http://www.voodooguild.net/images/plutparse2.jpg

So far I have only tried 38 Lock/28 Necro, I have not tried the Plague Bolt variation and I have not tried SC/Ele (for all I know they could both be better).

I will say that I executed my rotation to near perfection and I'm still coming up short from people who admit to make pretty big mistakes in optimizing their DPS. But it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

I have a relic 1h/OH, so I had no witchstone, and there were no SC/Eles in the raid to skew the meters with Static Discharge. Unbuffed stats below:

1268 Spell Power
    703 Spell Crit
    232 Focus

Spec: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2669394
    Rotation: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2673618

This is the best post patch parse (alliteration much?) I've yet seen.

And it still falls well short of what rogues and wars are doing. (There's plenty of 1900 dps parses out there by this point, your rogues and wars aren't doing as well as others, which is making your damage look better than it really is.) We are off anywhere between 10-15% from what they can do.

Not good enough.

If this holds, we're going to need buffs. Or they will need nerfs.
    Last edited by Flaviusx; 06-23-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Well thanks for posting this. I'll try that spec out tomorrow in more detail and see how it goes. I could live with that parse in the mean time.

As a side note I also think its amusing that not only are mages the lowest dps of all classes, but even on trash we can be chain silenced but melee dont get disarmed on anything yet. Good times.

On the bright side, your chloros did well here. So we've got that at least.

Shield of Telara

Well one of them did. Was the other synthing the bard or something?

If they're just raid healing they could probably do 900 dps now using chlorolock.

Rift Disciple

What do you use in your Greater Essence slots? Deathtouched Soulstone?
    I actually thought 32/34 or 33/33 Soul Purge would beat the Defile spec, but i guess it makes sense not to be so dependent on your pets if it comes to Plutonus. And it's way easier to play with Defile as well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    This is the best post patch parse (alliteration much?) I've yet seen.

And it still falls well short of what rogues and wars are doing. (There's plenty of 1900 dps parses out there by this point, your rogues and wars aren't doing as well as others, which is making your damage look better than it really is.) We are off anywhere between 10-15% from what they can do.

Not good enough.

If this holds, we're going to need buffs. Or they will need nerfs.
    In our strategy the melee have 100% uptime while the ranged have around 95% uptime due to movement. Might be different in other strategies but 5% would make up the difference.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Faildriel View Post
    What do you use in your Greater Essence slots? Deathtouched Soulstone?
    I actually thought 32/34 or 33/33 Soul Purge would beat the Defile spec, but i guess it makes sense not to be so dependent on your pets if it comes to Plutonus. And it's way easier to play with Defile as well imo.
    Oh yeah, how the **** do you reach 1268 SP unbuffed? Do you mean selfbuffed?

I guess the world is not ending now.......
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Bluedot, I actually kind of agree that Plutonus is not that amazing a fight for mages. For whatever reason it has become the benchmark fight of the game for single target dps, but I've always believed it to be biased in favor of melee from a mechanical standpoint.

The best actual single target mage fight in the game is, imo, Duke. This is our test dummy. Would like to see some parses for that.

Shield of Telara

It depends what you're trying to measure. Duke parses aren't very useful because of all of the adds.

There's not that much moving involved on Plutonus if you stand near the middle.

This varies by guild, but in mine, ranged ignores the Duke adds completely and just burns the boss. There is literally zero movement involved, just stand in the middle of the room and turret the entire time.

Even so, SC could get some splash damage. But I think you could get a clean parse for anything else.
    Last edited by Flaviusx; 06-23-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Faildriel View Post
    Oh yeah, how the **** do you reach 1268 SP unbuffed? Do you mean selfbuffed?
    no thats right. he did not mean self buffed

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    This varies by guild, but in mine, ranged ignores the Duke adds completely and just burns the boss. There is literally zero movement involved, just stand in the middle of the room and turret the entire time.

Even so, SC could get some splash damage. But I think you could get a clean parse for anything else.
    Ya that is what we do as well. Really wish I had kept my parse from last clear.. might be able to ninja it off one of our raiders. Warmaster Gal-in-here is also decent if you don't get the OMG SPAM ESCAPE debuff.
    It is possible to cheat a parse with SC on Duke but it would be obvious in a breakdown of the fight.

Gas
    Telaran

you are the lowest dps among the relic holders, is that good?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast