+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So... My optimism has been punched in the mouth

Default So... My optimism has been punched in the mouth

Did Plutonus.. or ATTEMPTED Plutonus tonight

My raid lost 3500 RDPS and couldn't finish the 10% burn
    I personally lost 450 DPS

I am speechless at the moment
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Deadly, are you trying out something other than SC?

Champion of Telara

I have found over the past 12 years, that optimism regarding MMO patches, invariably leads to disappointment.

I had a feeling this was Trions patch to prove there would be no Bright Wizards in Rift. They were intentionally overnerfing us to prove they were not biased towards Mages, like the forums whinners were claiming.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-23-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Deadly, are you trying out something other than SC?
    Tried Nec/Lock, was pulling same DPS as Nec/Lock as SC/Ele-BS/AB and the Nec/Lock is much easier.

I'm not even a good Nec yet, guaranteed someone will parse higher than I was but... 1900-2000? Not any more
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Have all your mages go chloro and have your clerics go dps. That'll increase total raid dps heh We have lots of rogues and a few warriors so we still had np downing plut -10%, but mage rage is widespread throughout channels and pm's for sure. Trion screwed our dps and changed chloro all in the same fart.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post

This. this is exactly what i've been saying, the dps loss is significant, way more than ppl predicted in actual raid. :P
    I was hopeful too, I thought with a few changes it would be at least comparable, but its not really.
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-23-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post

Why not try out the ole Pyro/Ele on that fight. I will wager a bet that IE + HW on a group full of Mages will nuke down that last 10% in no time. But hey, it's a crap spec so I wouldn't try it.

I'm giving pyro/ele a whirl on Duke at least. Maybe Warbringer and Pluto, although I'm not entirely liking Pluto for pyro. (There's at least a half dozen position changes in the fight by my count, the way my guild does him.)

We pulled 18,939 RDPS on our Plutonus kill this week. Top mage was necro/lock and pulled 1571. Above him were 3 rogues @ 1760, 1869, and 1903.

Pre 1.3 I was doing right around 2000 HPS on this fight, and this week I was @ 1377 (I expected the drop), but I think I can bring that up with use of different spells, unfortunately have to wait a week to try
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Shadowlander

Am feeling the same as OP as are the other mages in my guild. We've done GSB and GP after patch and our raid DPS took a substantial hit as we normally run a lot of mages in raids. My personal DPS loss was about 300-400 depending on boss, guess it's time to go back to the drawing board...

Rift Disciple

Yeah it seems that because of the low SP coeff on CB we just don't reach the same highs as we used to. I myself only lost around 200 dps (going from a constant 1600~ on pluto to 1400) but my sp is kinda meh since I only have 2 pieces of raid gear the rest is all T2, another mage that raids with me and is much better geared is seeing a 320~ dps loss on pluto.
    Needless to say pluto was much less smoother tonight =\

Soulwalker

So.... I spend more than 15p to mage trainer trying and trying... so I guess that 25 days left to my subscription are the last on this game.

I thinking to try once again... expecially the bluedot updated guide... but Im really frustrated.

I grow up as a SC/EL, I really have fun with that class... and now screw up for the sake of pvp cryers

Warlock/Necro still good... but the fact is: I dont like dead pets

Maybe is my fault... maybe Im a newbi... Think what u want... but... when I start this game I was thinking: mage is probably the dps excel class. And I do a mage.
    Levelled 50 and a lot of pvp, and Im thinking even more with 1.3 nerfs : I was wrong! this game is really upside down.

Sword of Telara

Our guild ran 1 SC/ELE for AB spec and I think 3 pyro/eles? We beat him about 5 seconds earlier than normal because IE/HW/IE puts out an absolutely obscene amount of DPS. I was critting 4k+ Fireballs and 8k Cinder bursts and that's all on 1s cooldowns. So the BURST DPS which is what matters in this fight as you know, is absolutely obscene. I prefer it on single target burn fights. Even on johlen, it's superior at the last 25% if you just stand on a tree and turret to death. The burst factor is AMAZING. And the rotation is idiot proof.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    Our guild ran 1 SC/ELE for AB spec and I think 3 pyro/eles? We beat him about 5 seconds earlier than normal because IE/HW/IE puts out an absolutely obscene amount of DPS. I was critting 4k+ Fireballs and 8k Cinder bursts and that's all on 1s cooldowns. So the BURST DPS which is what matters in this fight as you know, is absolutely obscene. I prefer it on single target burn fights. Even on johlen, it's superior at the last 25% if you just stand on a tree and turret to death. The burst factor is AMAZING. And the rotation is idiot proof.
    Bingo. You just can't beat 30 seconds of IE and 15 seconds of HW. Toss a SC in there and you have your cake on one side and you get to eat it on the other.

well I'm not playing another class..plain and simple. Ill try out some other specs to see if my viability increases but at this point even if they un did what they've done it would be another week of unlearning and relearning..so yea I'm getting tired of it.

If anything mages are at a disadvantqage because we have fresh new souls once per month..other classes do not have this.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast