+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro Improvments

Shadowlander

Default Pyro Improvments

This is a statement for the Pyromancer from the rift website.

Strengths

Pyromancers keep their enemies at bay with well-placed fire spells, until they can be immolated at the Pyromancer’s leisure.

"Keep their enemies at bay" - not really....

Here are a few changes to spells that would make this "Strengths" statement a more true statement.

1. Flame Jet - This spell is really just a weaker version of the Flame Bolt spell. I suggest adding a 10m knock back to this spell.

2. Flicker - This is an OK spell. But a lot of times it only determines if I die here or 10m forward from here, lol. I suggest either adding more distance like 15m or 20m jump. Or better yet allow it jump the 10m backwards, that way you can still keep the enemy targeted.

3. Flash Fire - Just remove the 2 sec stun on self. I cast this only to stun myself and have the target break the stun I put on them and then start attacking me, lol.

4. Combust - Add a movement penalty to the DoT that slows the enemy by 50% for the duration of the DoT.

5. Back Draft - This is an OK spell too, but would be really nice if it just augmented the Fire Storm spell. It would have a little higher initial cast damage with a 2 sec stun and then the DoT while channeled.

These CC addition to spells is nothing new. Other Mages have spells with CC added to them.

These changes would certainly give the Pyro a better 1 vs 1 chance and definitely help to "Keep enemies at bay" as stated in the "Strengths" of the Pyromancer.

maybe before yestrday. Pyro isnt worth specing as it stands right now. crit fireballs hit harder then fulminate and cinder burst is hitting for less then flame bolt.
    Last edited by Kalevala; 06-23-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Reply to removed post
    Mordon
    FINAL BOSS

Shadowlander

Well......Then I bet you would wreck more with the changes I suggest.
    Last edited by Kalevala; 06-23-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Reply to removed post

Shadowlander

you wreck your lower section, way to post the same thing on everyones thread trollie. Bout time for bed eeh kiddo? move along ignore the ADD thread wannabe hijacker

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by mordd View Post
    maybe before yestrday. Pyro isnt worth specing as it stands right now. crit fireballs hit harder then fulminate and cinder burst is hitting for less then flame bolt.
    Is that the 1.3 update ?

I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Sounds like it sucks for pyros

Shadowlander

Flicker CD should be 12s

Flicker CD should be 2 min. Right now, pyro is still a bit too easy. Left and right, pew pew. All day.

I smell rogue w hor es.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I smell rogue w hor es.
    He's actually a warrior iirc

+ Reply to Thread