+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's our 1600+ dps spec? All other classes have one.

Shadowlander

Default Where's our 1600+ dps spec? All other classes have one.

I was able to hit 1550 DPS yesterday on Plutonus using the same spec\rotation that did nearly 2k DPS prior. I can accept the fact that no mage soul will hit 1600 dps single target in exchange for dominating in an AOE encounter. Unfortunately we're not competitive in AOE dps either seeing that Sabo's are hitting nearly 3k DPS on herald while mages are struggling to hit 2k.

We as a community need to band together and get this corrected; Warriors\Rogues and Clerics in my guild are all able to parse over 1600dps on Plutonus. What is the purpose of the mage class when we are not able to be competitive dps in a raid environment? I know the dps difference may not seem like much but lets assume your average raid has 12 dedicated dps players. You would gain about 3000 raid DPS by not bringing mages for DPS roles. Infact you'd rather have cleric DPS over a mage in a single target encounter.

As for my stats I am currently in BiS gear including Alsbeth staff, full T3, and full R6 gear.

-Travqt, Fires of Heaven.

We tried. We flooded the PTS boards with complaints. Trion doesn't care. Only thing that's going to change their tune is player's cancelling.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Shadowlander

Hi,

Can you please contact the warriors that are parsing 1600 as of 1.3 and have them post what they are doing please? The majority (read: every single warrior/thread I have spoken to/talked to) of warriors are currently happy with 1400. Thanks in advance for supporting your claims!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrat View Post
    Hi,

Can you please contact the warriors that are parsing 1600 as of 1.3 and have them post what they are doing please? The majority (read: every single warrior/thread I have spoken to/talked to) of warriors are currently happy with 1400. Thanks in advance for supporting your claims!
    Go talk to Kutsmcmuffin. He's the only one in the warrior forums that seems to know how to play. Don't expect mages to help you play your warrior.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Shadowlander

I'm a helpful guy and this build did 1,658.84 dps yesterday but who's counting.- enjoy baby warrior.

1hander based

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...ucM.EzczV0bh0z

AP Builder (Single Target)

#show Dual Strike
    cast path of the raptor
    cast dual strike
    cast frenzied strike
    cast path of the hurricane
    cast path of the wind
    cast flinching strike

AP Builder (Area)

#show Path of the Hurricane
    cast path of the hurricane
    cast mighty blow
    cast frenzied strike

Finisher:

In this order

SLI (keep this up always)
    Bend Like the Reed (when up)
    Fiery Burst
    Last edited by Travqt; 06-23-2011 at 03:31 PM.

In raids:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...zxo.Vthz0xoAkz

Ignite > Fireball > Cinder Burst on Pyro armor Proc.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Travqt View Post
    I was able to hit 1550 DPS yesterday on Plutonus using the same spec\rotation that did nearly 2k DPS prior. I can accept the fact that no mage soul will hit 1600 dps single target in exchange for dominating in an AOE encounter. Unfortunately we're not competitive in AOE dps either seeing that Sabo's are hitting nearly 3k DPS on herald while mages are struggling to hit 2k.

We as a community need to band together and get this corrected; Warriors\Rogues and Clerics in my guild are all able to parse over 1600dps on Plutonus. What is the purpose of the mage class when we are not able to be competitive dps in a raid environment? I know the dps difference may not seem like much but lets assume your average raid has 12 dedicated dps players. You would gain about 3000 raid DPS by not bringing mages for DPS roles. Infact you'd rather have cleric DPS over a mage in a single target encounter.

As for my stats I am currently in BiS gear including Alsbeth staff, full T3, and full R6 gear.

What was your previous rotation? If you are still spamming lightning field and lightning strike on single target you need to change it, I'm pretty sure you can hit 1700 on plutonus easily still as a mage, will report back though after we clear RoS tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    In raids:

You can even skip ignite and cinder burst. Straight up fireball spam parses better.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    What was your previous rotation? If you are still spamming lightning field.
    Uh no - I no longer use LF or forked lightning, and as I said earlier I previously pulled over 1900 dps on plutonus so my rotation is not the problem.

Lastly bluedot why are you giving a spec with no confirmed #s? That spec isn't doing over 1600 on plutonus nor is any other until we see a Parse.

Sez

Please show me a parse of a rogue doing 3000 dps on Herald.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Soulwalker

In raids:

Any specific reason to use Ignite before Cinder specifically like that? Also you forgot internalize charge before the cinder :P. I always queue internalize right before cinders and it ups my dps a lot.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Travqt View Post

I used Necro/Lock on plutonus yesterday and did 1579 dps. I am still about 5 pieces from best in slot and am using the greenscale relic staff. With your gear I would guess Necro/lock would do over 1600 on Plut.

Also with Pyro/Ele, on a standstill single target fight i could already pull 1600 or more. With the buff yesterday I'm hoping to be able to do 1800-1900, but I will find out for sure tonight. I had to play archon for Warmaster last night or I could tell you what pyro/ele pulled for me already =p.

-Effrum, Mage of Aigis-Belmont

Effrum, what flavor of necro lock are you rolling with? Defile or soul purge?

Quote Originally Posted by Effrum View Post
    Any specific reason to use Ignite before Cinder specifically like that? Also you forgot internalize charge before the cinder :P. I always queue internalize right before cinders and it ups my dps a lot.
    Nope.. I just typed it like that. Ignite is the least priority, I typically only cast it when I'm moving.

Telaran

Nope.. I just typed it like that. Ignite is the least priority, I typically only cast it when I'm moving.
    Assuming you still cast flame bolt for the 10% dmg bonus? also, what abut things like countdown? (at work atm, so i cant test for several hrs)
    Last edited by Zaios; 06-23-2011 at 04:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast