+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I wanna lvl fast, what should I be?

Shadowlander

Default So I wanna lvl fast, what should I be?

What is the best lvling build around?

From 0 to 50, even if it changes throught the lvls, would like some feedback since I'm planning on leaving my Cleric and running a Mage.

Thanks!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1494019&dateline=1308  766912

Soulwalker

For a Mage

I prefer game necro\lock I have leveled 2 mages (don't ask) and this has been the best spec i have found.

Between soul link and sac life mana you have no downtime at all

As a side noet the search feature on the forums could have given you quick answers to this question as it has been ask a million times.
    Last edited by Thedelusionalone; 06-23-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Necro/Lock or Ele/Chloro

Telaran

Necro / Lock takes 3-5 with ease - dot + soul purge + win

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Necro/Lock or Ele/Chloro

Ele/Chloro really isn't very good for leveling with all the chloro changes in my opinion now. I went from Necro/Warlock to Ele/Chlor. My survivability went up, dps went down, but I liked it. With the changes though it just isn't very good now.

Soulwalker

necro/lock

but if you want to AoE grind go chloro/lock but it doesnt work really until 32,

Cleric.

Mages are nuanced and not really fast levelers. Any spec with a pet will work fine but you will still need to use strategy to not die. Specs without a pet will level slower.

Clerics just run in grab everything and kill it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkra View Post
    Cleric.

Mages are nuanced and not really fast levelers. Any spec with a pet will work fine but you will still need to use strategy to not die. Specs without a pet will level slower.

Clerics just run in grab everything and kill it.
    Tehnically, I'm running with a pet, but he's been pretty minimal in usefulness once I got past my teens. I've been running Warlock/Necro, and the Necro really isn't for the pet, it's for Soul Purge. In the levels between twentyish and my current thirty eight, I often don't even bother bringing out the pet, or I put him on passive so I can drain him for mana rather than using Sac Life and Reconstruction.

With a bunch of DoTs, three AoEs, and SP, I'm the tank, and the skele is just another minor DoT. At most he keeps one mob off of me, but usually not even that because I'll run over to him to include his mob in the AoE.

The build is 16 points into Necro, the rest into Warlock, Archon for the nuke that stacks Int/Wis buffs. And it's actually the PvP variation of it, since I found that the PvP version works great at leveling. Handy when I get jumped out in the world.

I haven't noticed any difference in leveling since the patch. Still works great.
    Last edited by Kymeric; 06-24-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

After leveling a warrior and cleric, I was pretty eager to find a decent AoE build on my mage. Unfortunately, there is no build/rotation that works as smoothly and easily as ones you can find on a warrior or cleric.

I experimented a LOT and I always returned to necrolock. At higher levels, I used necrolockchloro. When I look at pulling/killing/downtime, necrolock was the fastest and safest. In areas with a high mob concentration, I can pull and kill 4+ mobs repeatedly in less than 25 seconds (cooldown for radiate death). That's pretty dang good.

Chlorolock was the second best choice. SC/chloro is pretty fast, but if things go a little wrong, you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Tehnically, I'm running with a pet, but he's been pretty minimal in usefulness once I got past my teens.
    I use the knight on my necrolock.

I ran parses on my solo grinding to see where all the damage and healing was coming from. Essence Link actually provided a significant percentage of the healing...maybe a quarter of the total. The healing + the fact that it tanks the damage from one or more of the mobs makes a big impact on my AoE grinding ability.

Of course, it's also supremely useful for mana recovery once the fight is over.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    I use the knight on my necrolock.

I ran parses on my solo grinding to see where all the damage and healing was coming from. Essence Link actually provided a significant percentage of the healing...maybe a quarter of the total. The healing + the fact that it tanks the damage from one or more of the mobs makes a big impact on my AoE grinding ability.

Of course, it's also supremely useful for mana recovery once the fight is over.
    Nah don't use the knight.

As necro-lock you are the tank and the pet is doing dps. You actually have less downtime rolling this way.

Shadowlander

necro/lock is fine, I think the undead tanking pets to be better than the elemental pets, besides they are easier to heal. Pretty solid and fun imho.

+ Reply to Thread