+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dominator - top dmg done in port scion, 5th in healing done

Plane Touched

Default dominator - top dmg done in port scion, 5th in healing done

i played alot of warfronts today with the new full dom, almost always topped damage and also helped with some healing. in port scion i used reflective pressence, the stormcallers of the opposite team killed their own group. I solo'ed 3 ppl few times just because they attacked my split personality guardians (lawl). this class is insane for team support.

there only few problems left to fix which are break free doesn't work vs CC, and instant spells are getting interupted sometimes.

necrolock got buffed, but now i realize how useless the spec for team play, dominator is the new king of mages.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 06-23-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Sez

I predicted this.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    i played alot of warfronts today with the new full dom, almost always topped damage and also helped with some healing. in port scion i used reflective pressence, the stormcallers of the opposite team killed their own group. I solo'ed 3 ppl few times just because they attacked my split personality guardians (lawl). this class is insane for team support.

there only few problems left to fix which are break free doesn't work vs CC, and instant spells are getting interupted sometimes.

necrolock got buffed, but now i realize how useless the spec for team play, dominator is the new king of mages.

Mind posting your build, what off spec are you using with dom?
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

aux

There's some fun new stuff in there. Mass Betrayal is pure hilarity. If this had a short cooldown I'd die IRL from laughing ;p
    I'm so BORED

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by IcanHazWin View Post
    Mind posting your build, what off spec are you using with dom?
    51 dom, 15 pyro for flicker and cinderburst, archmage for break free.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 06-23-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Not that I care about pvp, but I wouldn't make too much of a fuss about this. Trion showed they are perfectly capable of nerfing a spec into oblivion with pyro.

Rift Master

They nerfed pyro because of burst.
    Dom isn't hitting much in burst, at least not at a reliable rate.
    If you show me anything Dom can do - I'll bet I can show you the exact same dmg from other souls in the same timeframe. That was always the burst complaint on pyro was ppl getting one shotted or near it because of their nice burst. Any burst from a dom is on a cd of 20s - 2 minutes. Every class has that.

I have finishers hitting me for over 3k with valor and archmage dmg reduction from non-mage attackers.
    I played Dom all last night and nothing did 3k or near it except those pets.

Dominator makes ppl read their debuffs or start learning the colors of them. It makes them like a boss fight. Once ppl learn what they can or can't do w/dom debuffs on you'll see that they'll rock back into second place to pure dps. If someone moves during storm shackle and hits 3 teammates for 1k - that only works for me when they DON'T read, someone chooses not to move and my 3k doesn't work at all - instead it turns into a self inflicted root to "ride out the storm". Same with grouping up. Once ppl see lightning they spread out and have learned that, they'll do it for dom too - learn how to fight it.
    Last edited by Fernt; 06-23-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Soulwalker

OP,

Gonna have to go ahead and agree with you there. My spread sheet theory crafting for aoe team domination and 1v1 perma stun kills fall in line with your report. Boosh Oo

Hmmmm..... this intrigues me. Might have to get a 4th role and try it out.

Just wondering, have you run with this build in PvE, (raids or dungeons)?

Azeroth? Been there, done that.

dominator can get high healing if it is supported greatly by its team to prevent it from getting focused fired, because once it does it is very squishy.

Chlorolock now gets even higher healing and dmg and is tough as hell to take down since lgv is now unpurgeable and returns a greater percent of dmg to self, and the warlock dots got increased. It is definitely king of mages. I can run into several ppl and with cds up and be fairly sure I can come out alive.
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-23-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post

Last time I checked RP didn't reflect AoE spells, did that get changed?

All I'm saying is...keep it on the lowdown. There's a freaking lynch mob out there with nothing to occupy it now that pyro pvp got gutted. (Trion seriously overreacted here.)

They will of course turn on dom like a pack wild hyenas in due course. Bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post
    They nerfed pyro because of burst.
    Dom isn't hitting much in burst, at least not at a reliable rate.
    If you show me anything Dom can do - I'll bet I can show you the exact same dmg from other souls in the same timeframe. That was always the burst complaint on pyro was ppl getting one shotted or near it because of their nice burst. Any burst from a dom is on a cd of 20s - 2 minutes. Every class has that.

I have finishers hitting me for over 3k with valor and archmage dmg reduction from non-mage attackers.
    I played Dom all last night and nothing did 3k or near it except those pets.

Dominator makes ppl read their debuffs or start learning the colors of them. It makes them like a boss fight. Once ppl learn what they can or can't do w/dom debuffs on you'll see that they'll rock back into second place to pure dps. If someone moves during storm shackle and hits 3 teammates for 1k - that only works for me when they DON'T read, someone chooses not to move and my 3k doesn't work at all - instead it turns into a self inflicted root to "ride out the storm". Same with grouping up. Once ppl see lightning they spread out and have learned that, they'll do it for dom too - learn how to fight it.
    I tend to make people move by knocking them back with thunderbolt. Not sure if that works anymore, but when I was dom it was something to use on someone that doesn't want to move (or caster npcs, etc).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by xombii View Post
    I tend to make people move by knocking them back with thunderbolt. Not sure if that works anymore, but when I was dom it was something to use on someone that doesn't want to move (or caster npcs, etc).
    thunderbolt is awsome to force players move and trigger stormshackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    All I'm saying is...keep it on the lowdown. There's a freaking lynch mob out there with nothing to occupy it now that pyro pvp got gutted. (Trion seriously overreacted here.)

They will of course turn on dom like a pack wild hyenas in due course. Bank on it.
    i actually think more mages should play dom, so all those crybabies will realize there is really no other spec for mage to play in warfronts at the moment. stormcaller aoe is a joke, pyro dies in 3 sec to stunlock, the lock combos give up damage for survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Last time I checked RP didn't reflect AoE spells, did that get changed?
    I'm not sure. I remember casting reflective prescience on a Stormcaller and he died, I may be wrong though. Could of been someone else.

(Obviously not on the stormcaller, but my teammates)

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast