+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 Chloro. Love it.

Default 1.3 Chloro. Love it.

Yeah, i prefer these changes to the old chloro. got more to do now and i even have a casted heal. Goodjob Trion.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jaganshi View Post
    Yeah, i prefer these changes to the old chloro. got more to do now and i even have a casted heal. Goodjob Trion.
    What more do you have to do?

When do you find the 2.5s 51 point heal of any particular benefit? I assume this is the "casted heal" you mean, we had bloom and flourish already.

Default Agree

I totaly Agree, if people would stop to experiment in depth they will find that the changes aren't as bad as people made out that they were.

Soulwalker

Roll a cleric then, you will have tons of fun playing wack-a-mole.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Standstowipe View Post
    Because one new spell does that.

I, for one, welcome all the new changes.

Actually, I'm barely using the new direct heal. It's not really part of the regular rotation for either tank or raid heals. I think it's more of a pvp toy.

ignorant post.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Exactly what makes it whack a mole? Pre patch it was spam VS until NT or Ruin were ready, now you cast VL until NT is ready. I don't think you understand what you're complaining about.

Shield of Telara

I do love most of the changes that were made.

What I like:
    1. Void Life in my opinion rocks.... I like that it provides consistant healing versus what we used to have, but I dont think it should be a 51 point ability.
    2. The new 51 point targetted heal - Its a nice concept, but frankly its something that I never use, unless im healing someone outside of combat. The reason for this is the casting time is much too low and the amount healed is pretty pathetic compared to the new bloom. As for pvp, I can see this spell being awesome, considering that my biggest gripe with Chloro in pvp was our inability to heal ourselves.

What I dont like:
    1. The biggest thing that I dont like is that the nerf hammer hit ENTIRELY too HARD. In fact its made many encounters in 5 mans require a Cleric over a Chloro for the simple reason that a Cleric doesnt have to choose to either AOE heal or tank heal. Where as a Chloro I have to choose now which is plain rubbish, considering that there are many fights out there that you have to group heal and tank heal through. i.e. Last boss in CC comes to mind, the first gatekeeper in DSM comes to mind also.
    2. The percentage healed through synthesis is much too low, and needs to be brought up at least 20% at minimum, and this needs to be among all levels of Chloro's. So that pre level 50 chloro's can heal as a main healer and not just level 50 Chloro's with 51 points invested.
    3. Chloro lacks many of the tools that Clerics get especially in passive abilities. I personally would like to see a good passive ability added to the Chloro tree, because frankly all the Cleric healing souls get good passives, so why shouldnt we? Heres an idea have the Chloro's critical either increase their dmg to heal ratio for 6 seconds or have a critical cause thier synthesis to heal one additional party member for that heal amount.
    4. Lastly I hate the fact that you need to have 51 points in the Chloro soul in order for you too main heal, and frankly this is a game breaker for me. While I do like playing a 51 point Chloro, it pisses me off that you are forcing people to play as a 51 point Chloro and that you have effectively broken Chloro healing pre level 50. Also whats the deal now seeing a support spec flag on my character Icon now as a Chloro?

I'm really liking Void Life spam over Vile Spores spam for one main reason: it won't eat up an opportunity proc if it's queued. So now when VL procs Opp you can choose whether to use it on NT or use NH as a spot heal.

Cleared RoS last night, and while our (chloro) overall HPS were lower, I had no problems keeping the main tank up, on any mob. Not having to stop and think "Should I use Essence Surge and cripple myself or not?" is also just win.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Cool

This is so awesome, specced 32lock, 34chloro (while switching my archon and archmage midcombat if needed). Im solo healing t2's without using synthisis on the tank!
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge-RaideR View Post
    This is so awesome, specced 32lock, 34chloro (while switching my archon and archmage midcombat if needed). Im solo healing t2's without using synthisis on the tank!
    Not to sound like a downer but I really doubt that you'd be solo healing a T2 with that kind of spec, especially without Synthesis. I guess if you're fully raid geared and the rest of your group is too then maybe, but normally it's not going to happen now.

Secondly, wth would you swap to AM? I'm going to guess it's just for BF, but that seems rather pointless.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post

Secondly, wth would you swap to AM? I'm going to guess it's just for BF, but that seems rather pointless.
    I run with the 0 point archmage in almost all my specs. The Breakfree ability has saved my *** many times. Its also good to bust out of Crystals and Cocoons for those bosses that do it...

BF is surprisingly useful in 5 mans, actually. I used to roll 0 AM with a lot of specs myself for that reason.

Isn't the common build 51 chloro / 10 dom / 5 ele? And the tank healing rotation, NT, and VL? The healing rotation didn't change much, just RS, Ruin, VS, and WG and NS if ya get into trouble.
    <Mirage>
    Santoisms - Level 65 Mage
    www.twitch.tv/the_santoisms

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast