+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy with 1.3...sign here

Plane Walker

Default Happy with 1.3...sign here

Only got to play for a few hours yesterday, and I was pleased

re-spec'd into my original builds that I threw away in favor of SC/Pyro builds

Dominator love
    warlock love
    Necro....love...can't even get through a rotation w/o my pet finishing an NPC off

My Pyro's FB was hitting harder without monotonous Rotation based play
    SC..didn't get to test
    Chloro no test

played WF with necro for the 1st time in 2 months....highest Dmg done port scion

I am happier with the Mage class now than before...anyone else feel the same?

Soulwalker

51 Chloro/15 Lock/0 Archon Chloro heals all of GSB last night...no complaints. #2 heals on Greenscale behind a cleric with a legendary

Seems good so far.

Champion of Telara

I am not a masochist, so I am not able to sign.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    Seems good so far.
    hahahahahahahahahahaha funny

Ascendant

So you mean you respecc'ed your char and relearned how to play in 1 day? From the forums I would assume that most people just deleted their chars since changing specs/playstyle to accomodate changes was such a hassle
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

it IS a hassle tyvm. I counted on "new content" to mean more than retooling or stripping and tearing down my class monthly. Not on my dime.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Ascendant

I am not happy with the chloro changes but I have yet to learn the role properly. I only made a chloro build so I could queue for dungeons quicker so it isn't even my main role so I can't even be that upset about any changes they made to it. I am only level 43 though so maybe with a few levels and a bit more time I can be happy. Once they fix the crashing and my black map I should be all around good though.

Shadowlander

I'll admit to some trepidation, and my prior specs are all in a wreck. However, after tinkering with new specs, suddenly there are many more options on the playing field than before. Pyro, Necro, Warlock, Dominator are all back again. Chloro is different and (IMO) better, though perhaps unviable for anyone not in T2 gear (and Trion should look into that problem.) We've seen indications that PvE and PvP are finally separate entities, and can be balanced better without interfering with each other.

Overall I can say I'm pleased. I can see why people are pissed - alol your prior flavor-of-the-month builds are inviable, but there are now more (as good or better) options, at least for mages. I can't speak for other classes.

The one thing I miss is the Chlorocon. There was no better use for a mage in 5 or 10 man content. That's fallen by the wayside with this patch.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    So you mean you respecc'ed your char and relearned how to play in 1 day? From the forums I would assume that most people just deleted their chars since changing specs/playstyle to accomodate changes was such a hassle
    seriously. It will take me a week to be able to really give a good review of what I think.

I do not like what pens and paper and other people's experience on PTS have shown me though, and Iím not yet convinced that chloro really needed such a big overhaul. They could have just lowered NT a little bit , changed void, and given the cleric heal at 51 for people who want to be able to heal when mobs are not hittable and called it a day. MAYBE lowered synth a little to keep it in line with the extra healing void would add and buffed VS to give people who donít put that many points into chloro something to use. Whatever I donít feel like doing pen and paper balance work at this point to see what would have been better but small incremental changes > huge overhauls. I meanÖ at one point they obviously thought chloros were fine pre 1.3. Through testing and live implementation, tweaks , and patches they had a viable class, so why take a huge sledgehammer to it when maybe a few taps from a 2 lber would have done the job? Now they are back to where they were to start with. They *THINK* they have chloros where they want. Through testing and live implementation , probably incoming tweaks and patches and they will think they have a viable class. So what makes them so much MORE sure this time? When they decide it wasnít as good as they thought they going to split chloro healing into 4 buffs with all channel spells and some HoT instant casts to keep it ďsteadyĒ ? Just seems to me that you put us back to square one not knowing if it will pay off or not *shrug*. At least before the people who played the class were happy, and I sure as hell didnít hear any of my guild members *****ing about my healing. So who did we just make happy with sweeping changes? 2 people who already unsubbed and were crying about how they couldnít out HPS a mage as a cleric all over the forums even though a lot of it was overheal? I wasnít hearing any QQ from the PVP crowd about how impossible chlros were to fight. SoÖ nerfs for fun? Whoís fun lol. I guess they sacrificed the PVE utility of the class in favor of a more pvp friendly mechanic. While I understand the need to make chloros more viable pvp, I donít think a drastic change was needed.

Default First impressions?

Firstly i was enjoying my chosen soul/role pre patch 1.3 and was dreading having finally ( in my thoughts mastered ) the chloromancer and then having it all thrown out for a new look chloro, 1st thing that came to my mind was : "If it's not broken, then why fix it". Because from my point of view there was nothing "Broken" or "Wrong" with the way the class played, like i said i enjoyed it. Upon first logging in after the patch i chucked a fit and turned into a sook ( much as a large portion of the mage community has ). i then logged back in and gave it a crack, in doing this i realized that while i was out of my comfort zone it wasn't impossible to play. Yes there's new toys, Yes we have to learn situational talents, Yes the majority of the mage community have turned into Fairies and are "Throwing the Rattle out of The Pram". My advice whether it falls upon deaf ears or taken in is to : "Get over the initial back step from the unknown, Don't take other peoples Threads/Posts at face value And "Have a crack for yourself".

FYI im still experimenting personally but the 2 specs i have been trialing are the 51chlo/10dom/5elem or the 51chloro/15lock/0arch spec. If you don't agree with either of these specs then that's nice, Experimenting is also about finding what the "Dud" specs are. i have heard people saying the 51 point chloro heal blows but ill guess well see as people test it all out.

One last thing i haven't yet tested, does anyone know if Trion have changed veil from being able to be dispelled in Pvp or not, that's my only gripe. Being turned to ham and **** with 1 dispel and crushing our ability to heal, unless u cast veil on CD it's Very Annoying.
    Last edited by Treason1; 06-23-2011 at 12:40 PM.

I'm witholding judgment pending our raids this week. Mechanically, I think the new chloro is more fun to play than the old. And I'm liking the fact that SC is not the only game in town for dps anymore.

But in the final analysis, what seals the deal for me is: how does all of this actually work out in practice in raid conditions? Is any of it competitive? I'm pretty sure chloro will be fine in raid conditions. I'm less sure about the various dps options.

I tried to like/get used to the new chloro, but I can't. I still love Archon, though

Plane Walker

Default I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    I'm witholding judgment
    yeah, of course seeing how it plays out. I should have said first impressions.

Question: can't Pvp Pyro's get most of what they lost from Archmage

as far as I know PvE wasn't really effected(+fb-CB) kinda balances out...no?

PVP wise I'm happy. I get to play the spec I wanted to play from beta.

I did not get to see any raids in the one day the patch was live, but I did get to chlorolock a few WFs. PVP splash-healing has improved, thanks to the fact that I can't be stopped from healing with buff shear spam, still can't really focus-heal anyone in PVP, not in the 32/34 spec, 51/15 might be better.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast