+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP mages.. What spec are you running now?

Default PvP mages.. What spec are you running now?

The 16/45/5 Necro/Lock/AM is still the best spec in my opinion. Yes, Soul Purge has been nerfed (which definitely limits our ability to get any decent amount of killing blows) but overall, with the DoT damage increase, the spec is just as good as it was in 1.2
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41045&dateline=129849  3510
    www.FriendlyFireGaming.net - Home of the Saga clan. Established in 2003

51/10/5 Chloro/Dom/Archmage - Really good PvP healing
    35/16/15 Lock/Necro/Archmage - Lots of single target damage

I didn't have time to try a 51pt. Dom yet, but I'm hearing good things about it so I'll probably try that later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
    51/10/5 Chloro/Dom/Archmage - Really good PvP healing
    35/16/15 Lock/Necro/Archmage - Lots of single target damage

I didn't have time to try a 51pt. Dom yet, but I'm hearing good things about it so I'll probably try that later today.
    51 Dom is the only spec worth running now in PvP. Have a feeling Cleric tears will get us nerfed though.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

4 pvp 31 dom 31 pyro

Plane Walker

35wl/16necro/15AM for ultimate survivability

Been playing around with 35WL 11 Ele 20 archmage

Phase shift is incredibly underrated, but the CD is still ridiculous. Insta Lightening Strikes are amazing, not sure if I should get icy carapace and use crystaline missiles when oppritunity procs.

Soulwalker

post specs?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
    The 16/45/5 Necro/Lock/AM is still the best spec in my opinion. Yes, Soul Purge has been nerfed (which definitely limits our ability to get any decent amount of killing blows) but overall, with the DoT damage increase, the spec is just as good as it was in 1.2
    I don't even notice the soul purge nerf.

Really, I don't.

It's laggin' like crazy on our servers atm but I really am having a blast playing 51 chloro.

Very strong healing potential with LGV and Bloom crits always and heals a lot. Not sure though what I think about the castable heal yet. Maybe getting Opportunity into my specc, that would make it at least on occasions useful. If left alone to cast uninterrupted this is a big heal nevertheless.

I'm having fun ^^

I'm going with a 34/22/10 Necro/Lock/AM build right now. As I said before, it's fun to be able to be among the leaders in both DPS and dmg taken in a WF. Necro/locks were already hard to kill, but with the increased dmg, things are really gonna get FUN now.
    Pylos - 51 Mage - Deepstrike
    "I'm gonna eat your f****** heart and your brain and your- I'm gonna f****** r*** your SOUL!!" - Chariot, Operation: Endgame

38dominator/28stormcaller/0archmage lots of aoe potential and cc love the class and the build and have been trying to use it since beta so I'm glad to get the chance

32chloromancer/32warlock/2archmage or archon when I am a bit frustrated, bc honestly its probably the best build for mage atm. Huge ability to influence groups, deal dmg, and survive. And regularly able to get high (or top) in both dmg and healing stats.
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread