+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Survival mage pvp build

pro

Default Best Survival mage pvp build

Title says it all. with 1.3 i basically gave up on trying to pull the most damage since every mage soul underperforms and settled on being able to survive anything. this build allows you to shut down ANYONE! of course you still have to deal with rogues gank which is why you pop transmo or transference and heal back up.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0zR.Msadiksgbk

this for 1v1 only if your target is getting heals pop void shroud on him and dps him but with this build damage is really poor so you will most likely have to take the healer out or silence him which are really easy.

Comment on please on your ideas and oppionions.

pro

i forgot to say, it might be worth going deeper in Chloro for the HoT Strip and essence surge but since HoT will only help against wardens i dont think it will worth when you can silence.But essence surge is just beutiful now with out the debuff!
    this edit timer is way to short.

Rift Disciple

took a quick glance at ur spec and i would have to say circle of life is super good for suvivability and u didnt take ANY points into it. also archmage 15% less crit chance is awesome as well. what if the target has DR on CC? also u dont have many OH S*** abilities: chloro's: essence surge, living shell. locks: neddras essence, shadow life. necro: soul purge. archmage: phase shift.

against someone without diminishing returns on cc ur spec will shine. but in a wf it wont be as effective as many lock/chloro variations.

Rift Disciple

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zz.xx0Azoqxo.A
    is a link to the best spec i've tested and made so far.
    its got 3 oh sh!t abilities plus mortaility, 2 instant heals, a cleanse and freedom.
    ive tested lots of soul purge variants with lock and chloro but soul purge isnt effective when ur getting trained. and u loose soooo much burst without 26 chloro

I'm running 32 Chloro 34 Lock when I want to splash heal in PVP, and not die because there are no other healers.

I could swap Archon for Archmage, but I like having the extra buffs.

Corrosion, combined with AE spores results in a decent sustained HoT, adding wild growth you get a solid HPS pad that will require more than 1 perion's DPS to eat through. 3 excellent "I'm not dead yet" buttons, which work well with one another. (casting Essence Surge while Shadow Life is up gets you a 11k instant heal, popping neddra's essence right after means someone is going to have to go through 12k HP with a 80% damage reduction).
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread