+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there any reason to bring a chloro in patch 1.3?

Telaran

Default Is there any reason to bring a chloro in patch 1.3?

I healed a t2 dungeon last night with the new 51 chloro/15lock (will probably switch to 51 chloro/10lock/5 elem), and in mostly t2 gear it went fairly smoothly even when I solo healed for dps check bosses. But it made me wonder, is there any reason to bring a chloro to raids when there are clerics available to heal? Chloro used to bring a good amount of single target healing and raid healing. Now single target healing is ok, and raid healing is ok, but except for the 3 min combat rez, there doesn't seem to be anything a chloro does that a cleric doesn't do better, and bards can aoe heal while bringing a large amount of buffs.

I was thinking of recommending to my guild that we stop using chloro healers in raids and switch to cleric healers, especially since the mages in my guild seem to do better dps in melee unfriendly fights.

TBH, there's really no reason to bring a chloro into a raid anymore. Particularly the 51chloro/15lock build, they do nothing special. They can be safely swapped with a cleric with no downside . At least the 10 domi spec got a reflect and a interrupt etc, being situationally useful.

PS, oh wait, they may switch between tank healing and raid healing during a fight. In order to do this as a cleric, they have to get out of combat first. one up

its funny because when chkloros were healing the main tank for 4k and at the same time healing everyone else for 600.. while also pulling down 500 dps everything was dandy....

According to what i saw in raids so far, chloros r topping the charts.
    Retired

Telaran

Could you give details of healing assignments, specs and perhaps even parses to help me understand how the chloros are topping the charts post 1.3? Is it the chloro/lock spec or 51 chloro assigned to aoe heal?

Something may actually be bugged, but as of 1.3 our guild's Chloro is pulling 800+ DPS single target and healing more...
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-need-love-too.
    Henceforth only Rogues and Clerics may QQ.

‎"Whenever I start to feel love and compassion for the human race I remind myself that TMZ exists so I can go back to being a misanthrope"

Did 10 man yesterday. On the last boss, our chloro did like 1500 hps and one of the clerics was pulling 1700+.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    its funny because when chkloros were healing the main tank for 4k and at the same time healing everyone else for 600.. while also pulling down 500 dps everything was dandy....
    If you are healing for 800 then you suffer from an extreme case of the bads. I hope you enjoy it when sentocar gets nerfed, and all cleric trees need 51 to do their job
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigenaia View Post
    is there any reason to bring a chloro to raids when there are clerics available to heal?
    A chloro is still bringing some DPS while the cleric is not.

From what people have been saying today chloro's in raids seem to be doing fine. I wish they were a little more specific on specs and whether they were doing AOE healing or tank healing... but the raiding chloros don't seem to be complaining.
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfury View Post
    A chloro is still bringing some DPS while the cleric is not.

From what people have been saying today chloro's in raids seem to be doing fine. I wish they were a little more specific on specs and whether they were doing AOE healing or tank healing... but the raiding chloros don't seem to be complaining.
    Well from my raiding last night this os more due to the higher hps of clerics picking up the lost hps. That's what my parrses showed last night.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Shadowlander

Cleric with right spec (they called it senticar) can do more dps and comparable amount of hps.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Canti View Post
    Cleric with right spec (they called it senticar) can do more dps and comparable amount of hps.
    See when people start comparing heals, I thinks its tough to judge when you have more than one chloro or a chloro and cleric and then say that a cleric out healed a chloro. Chleric single target heals will be higher so when someone goes down to half health, a cleric will be better suited to heal that player up quick, so their HPS is a lot higher and the chloro HPS suffers from the "overhealing" I think if you ran raids with 2-3 chloros and NO healing clerics you would be better off. Your tanks would all have a synth on them, you'll have quicker battle rezzes, and you'd have 3 people doing AoE heals as needed. Oh and they would all be pulling 300+ DPS.

Chloro is still the way to go IMO.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

+ Reply to Thread