Closed Thread

Thread: New chloro builds

Soulwalker

Default New chloro builds

Since chloro has changed so much, I was wondering if anyone could share their new specs with me for chloro and what the pros and cons are for them. I haven't been able to find the actual talent trees anywhere on here.

Also, how are you all doing in T2's and raids right now? What seems to be new problems and what might have improved?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    Since chloro has changed so much, I was wondering if anyone could share their new specs with me for chloro and what the pros and cons are for them. I haven't been able to find the actual talent trees anywhere on here.

Also, how are you all doing in T2's and raids right now? What seems to be new problems and what might have improved?
    Crappy mate. Just got done raiding. Its a joke. Were useless. If you get a cleric and tell him to only ever singe target heal the tank they will do better.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Lucidium>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior<Jynxed>
    Personally
    [T1 9/9 + 4 HM] [T2 6.5 /8] [T3 2/4]

Soulwalker

Did greenscale last night and then again tonight with the same raid setup and buffs. The difference this time is i was i had synthesis on the plant tank instead of the main tank. I didn't have time to test rotations so i just googled one and found bluedots 51 chloro 10 archon 5 elementalist and did the recommended natures touch void life spam.

Now that all of the specifics are out of the way, i was doing 800-900 HPS pre patch and i'm doing a steady 500 HPS now. we had 2 clerics do 1100-1200 HPS.

The only hope i have at the moment is that i/someone else can work out a better spec and/or rotation. If not i predict i've lost my raid spot and the only mage we will ever need in a raid is the archon.

Atleast i can go be usful in PVP... oh wait, i'll still get stun locked to death and 4 shot in 3 seconds by warriors but now the nice, big damage that i did that made up for it is gone. I always figured if any other person let a pyro sit and cast they deserved to take the damage because i've always died so quickly.

Soulwalker

Default Chloro Build

51 Chloro 15 Warlock was great solo healed RD T2

very nice build because u get a channeled ablity heals tank nonstop
    and u get a heal that has a 2.5 sec cast time (No Cooldown) and the Warlock 10% chance to instant cast make this a Heal

Sad just sad..if the general thought was our heal output was to high in pve why not just lowering it instead of totally screwing the role over?
    I dont dps im a healer..has never been able to play a warfront because the class was to weak to heal in warfronts and now nerfed to oblivion..could very well kill the game for me.

Shield of Telara

Were those 2 clerics both justi based AE healers?

If parsing is important to you then playing a LGV based raid healer (probably still chlorolock spec) will be better than the LBV tank healer. I imagine the purifier healers you had on your main tank parsed a lot worse than you did but noone would suggest they aren't valuable.

LGS isn't a great fight for you to be parsing as a single target healer. You should still be able to provide a lot of heals if you are focussed on raid healing but a justicar is going to trounce you on the parse if you're not using LGV.

There's no doubt our parsing will have gone down since you can't provide the same level of single target and raid healing as before. It's also harder to get right now since previously you only really needed to get your NT cast every cooldown and then could pretty much do whatever the hell you liked in between and you'd still put out a lot of healing.

I'm liking the chloro changes - more consistent healing across the board rather then waiting 6 seconds for 1 mega heal on NT. Improved essence surge, wild growth and the buff to Bloom is quite welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeks of Bob View Post
    I'm liking the chloro changes - more consistent healing across the board rather then waiting 6 seconds for 1 mega heal on NT. Improved essence surge, wild growth and the buff to Bloom is quite welcome.
    Good to hear! I'm lv 31 and I can't comment on lv 50 healing changes at all, but when I was soloing today...LBV did not really heal me well at all, but LGV did. I think that makes sense because I can't have the synthesis on myself. And the new changes are for use with LGV + Synthesis etc.

The damage seems ok, and my NT crits are less now. Like I said, it's not important at lv 31 but I can see the changes already at this lv tho.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reeks of Bob View Post
    Bloom instant heals for like 2700 crits.

from a pvp standpoint thats amazing.

pve...well its instant and heals for alot more than ruin if the tank is in trouble.

i still feel like i can solo heal an instance...theres just alot more to it than there used to be, and i feel like the VL spam has cut into our dps a bit.

if anything, losing the mega NT heal has really cut down on my options...without the super heal, i am far more reliant on keeping up a steady stream of VL, as opposed to being able to throw out dark touches, pillaging stones, natures fury's to squeeze some extra dps.

The idea of healing through damage nukes were amazing and the reason I rolled a chloromancer,with bloom and flourish as backup panicbuttons..why not stick to the freaking concept instead of this halfhearted junk..your destroying your own great idea here Trion..80% of the lifebased damage nukes are close to useless healwise..yesyes NT-VL-VL-NT...what about SOR-Ruin-Vile Spores-Natural Splendor-Corrosion-Withering Wine-Wild Growth-Natures Fury..instead of a spamable old school single target heal..yawn.
    Could atleast have given Void Life a cd and let SOR heal on each tick to spice up the rotation a little.

I think we are still fine...just the dungeon rotation is a snore now (i use the builds linked somewhere, and switch between roles for aoe and such) :/

One thing though...

for pvp...

im still seeing 32/?/? people floating around...not sure why.....did they not get the message? or do they like to struggle? i consider the extra utilities we have now a necessity D:

for pvp, why would you pass up blight? and even (dare i say it) natural splender is actually not soo bad....

for pve i can manage, just may be a bit weird on the heavy aoe things, but we can manage...

I would rather work to keep people up, then to sleep my way through healing to be honest :/
    Last edited by Knuffelbuffel; 06-23-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Closed Thread