+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51-Point Chloro Guide (updated for 1.3)

Champion

Default 51-Point Chloro Guide (updated for 1.3)

Posted here if anyone is interested.

http://unstablerift.com/?q=node/889

I know 1.3 isn't live yet, I'm not just pulling stuff out of thin air, I raided with it on the PTS so I got to give the new skills a spin in actual use.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 06-21-2011 at 04:31 PM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Shield of Telara

No mention of Natural Healing or Void Life? This looks like a 1.2 chloro guide that has been roughly modified for 1.3 without much thought behind it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    No mention of Natural Healing or Void Life? This looks like a 1.2 chloro guide that has been roughly modified for 1.3 without much thought behind it.
    Both are included in my guide...

Natural Healing is the third skill I talk about in the Toolbox Skills. It has 4 paragraphs dedicated to it.

Void Life is mentioned in the Tips and Tricks section only because it really isn't a "tool" to be used, imo.

Thanks for dissing the guide when you clearly didn't read it.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 06-21-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Shield of Telara

Did you just add the Natural Healing section then? I swear it wasn't there when I read it before but it's definitely there now >.<

So you don't think Void Life is a usable heal? That's not what other peoples testing has suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    Both are included in my guide...

Natural Healing is the third skill I talk about in the Toolbox Skills. It has 4 paragraphs dedicated to it.

Void Life is mentioned in the Tips and Tricks section only because it really isn't a "tool" to be used, imo.

Thanks for dissing the guide when you clearly didn't read it.
    except Void Life is your second highest HPS, with Nature's Touch being first, for tank healing.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathor View Post
    except Void Life is your second highest HPS, with Nature's Touch being first, for tank healing.
    That's what I found through all my testing on the PTS as well. NT then VL. I only found myself using NH when I really didn't want to swap off an immune target or to top people off after/before a fight, oh and it's nice to be able to actually heal in PvP without DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    That's what I found through all my testing on the PTS as well. NT then VL. I only found myself using NH when I really didn't want to swap off an immune target or to top people off after/before a fight, oh and it's nice to be able to actually heal in PvP without DPSing.
    Exactly, which is why I have no idea why Void Life is in his "tips and tricks" section, when it should have it's own paragraph like the others. It makes me discredit his guide, although it may be useful for someone who's just, just starting out and doesn't know the class very well, as the description for what the spells do are there, and there uses, but overall, Vile Spores will be a spell rarely, if ever casted, and Ruin is nice for an instant heal, but it's healing is so low now that Void Life is probably a better option.

I just went on the PTR to see if Void life is, but just as I went on the servers went down. Guess I'll just post back tomorrow.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathor View Post
    Exactly, which is why I have no idea why Void Life is in his "tips and tricks" section, when it should have it's own paragraph like the others. It makes me discredit his guide, although it may be useful for someone who's just, just starting out and doesn't know the class very well, as the description for what the spells do are there, and there uses, but overall, Vile Spores will be a spell rarely, if ever casted, and Ruin is nice for an instant heal, but it's healing is so low now that Void Life is probably a better option.

I just went on the PTR to see if Void life is, but just as I went on the servers went down. Guess I'll just post back tomorrow.
    because it is obviously a rebranded 1.2 guide? It mentions healing using vile spores ST healing with VS on 1.3? Goodluck with that I am pretty sure chloro at 51 only has two spells that damage: NT and VL. Ruin is just as much of a joke as VS for ST and its only improved because it doesn't have a cast time. You'll heal well over two times its amount with Bloom.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-21-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Ascendant

The tip about Corrosion is wrong, in my opinion. In situations where there are a lot of enemies that don't have a deadly cleave, the spell generates a massive amount of healing for almost no cost. Since the spell doesn't prevent charge from being gained, it's possible to have both Entrophic Veil and Corrosion active, disabling the Veil before you reach 20 charge.

Viles Spores heals for far too little in Lifebound Veil to ever be worth casting over Void Life. Lifegiving Veil is a different story.

Champion

The reason Radiant Spores is situationally useful is...

1) It heals 20 characters, everything else heals 10
    2) It continues to heal while you are casting your rotation

As I stated, it is situationally useful, so it's not something that is thrown into every rotation. However, during the Alsbeth burn phases when she comes down, putting Vile Spores on her and all those adds is extremely useful because the raid is taking a lot of damage and it generates a lot of healing. I wasn't a believer of Vile Spores until I actually looked at my HPS parse and realized how much healing it really is doing. I divided my Radiant Spores HPS by the number of casts and the same with Vile Spores and Radiant Spores was responsible for more HPS per cast, but only in the right situations.

I did not get a chance to test the new Void Life since they just changed it (I believe it was the latest PTS patch) so I'll update when I actually have used it. The initial test of it was when it didn't heal, and I forgot to re-test after the change was added. Oversight on my part.

Corrosion is not as good healing as Wild Growth in a single-target situation or as Vile Splendor on AoE. You can test it yourself.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 06-22-2011 at 02:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread