+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Mage - PVE Raiding DPS Performance help

Telaran

Default New Mage - PVE Raiding DPS Performance help

Hey all,

Im just after some help in regards to my Mage, and looking to maximise my performance/DPS. Ive come from a WoW background, like most players i guess where as a mage i had tools/sites like Rawr, Elitist Jerks, etc that i aided me hugely in all things related to my toon setup, and min/maxxing my potential output.

Basically what im after, do such tools/sites like this exist yet for Rift? or are these forums already the best source for info?

The sort of info im after is really:
    BIS Gear lists (not sure if the one im using is out of date)
    BIS rune lists
    What lesser/greater essences should i using?
    What consumables should i be using (Pots, Flasks, Food, weapon chants, etc)
    etc, just all the basic stuff so i can hit the ground running

I had my first proper raid as DPS this weekend gone, my numbers were ok i think for my gear, but im sure theres plenty of room to improve as a SC/Ele BS specced mage, managing 1395, 942 and 1252 DPS(E) on the first 3 GSB bosses.

My basic unbuffed stats are:
    Int - 478
    Wis - 264
    SP - 907
    Crit - 584
    Focus - 233

Many Thanks,

Z

My signature for various mage stuff..
    There is a gear list floating around here somewhere.. im sure someone will link it or you can look back a few pages.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaios View Post
    Hey all,

Im just after some help in regards to my Mage, and looking to maximise my performance/DPS. Ive come from a WoW background, like most players i guess where as a mage i had tools/sites like Rawr, Elitist Jerks, etc that i aided me hugely in all things related to my toon setup, and min/maxxing my potential output.

Basically what im after, do such tools/sites like this exist yet for Rift? or are these forums already the best source for info?

The sort of info im after is really:
    BIS Gear lists (not sure if the one im using is out of date)
    BIS rune lists
    What lesser/greater essences should i using?
    What consumables should i be using (Pots, Flasks, Food, weapon chants, etc)
    etc, just all the basic stuff so i can hit the ground running

I had my first proper raid as DPS this weekend gone, my numbers were ok i think for my gear, but im sure theres plenty of room to improve as a SC/Ele BS specced mage, managing 1395, 942 and 1252 DPS(E) on the first 3 GSB bosses.

My basic unbuffed stats are:
    Int - 478
    Wis - 264
    SP - 907
    Crit - 584
    Focus - 233

Many Thanks,

Z
    If you don't know what runes and consumables you should be using there is no way you had 1300+ DPS on a boss in GSB with 900 sp.
    Trion balances Rift around PvP because NPCs don't cry like little children when they get one-shotted.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    My signature for various mage stuff..
    There is a gear list floating around here somewhere.. im sure someone will link it or you can look back a few pages.
    Oh, excellent, your site was the one i have been looking for Bluedot. I had recently reformatted my PC, and had lost all my bookmarks, and couldnt remember your name. Ty for all the awesome work you do for the rift mage community your site is an awesome help and great value.

Quote Originally Posted by FellintoOblivion View Post
    If you don't know what runes and consumables you should be using there is no way you had 1300+ DPS on a boss in GSB with 900 sp.
    I have a basic idea on most things, ive learnt most things thru guildies and what i can work out from reading these forums + looking up things in game thru professions, etc.

But theres always things like, my weapon runes that im not sure about, should i be using the SP rune, or int rune, or even the crit proc rune? i know theres the Blazing level of runes that come from drops that i dont have access to yet. Im not sure on how my current greater essences compare to the epic lesser essences that i can buy from dailies. Also tips/tricks like burning whichstones, are their other things like this?

Im sure theres many ways i can improve my toon, its not in a bad spot, but definitely room to improve.

+ Reply to Thread