+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coming back to Rift. Chloro questions.

Default Coming back to Rift. Chloro questions.

Hey all. I played all through beta, left after about 30 days into live due to PC issues, and am now coming back. I have a level 50 Chloro/Lock and have been trying to keep up with the changes since I left, but admittedly I'm a little behind on whats new, whats changed etc. Can anyone give me a quick run down on the Chloro rotation? Is Chloro/lock still the most common spec? Are Chloro's still mocked as healers like we were at launch? Have mages in generally been buffed any? Thanks ahead of time for any help/answers.
    Doom doom doom doom doomy doomy doom doomy doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doomy doom

The Chloro Mantra : "My nukes are my heals... My nukes are my heals.... My nukes are my heals...."~ XtremElement

Ascendant

Chloro is fine as a main healer, but we're changing a lot tomorrow, so I wouldn't worry about playing the current version correctly.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Rotation about the same as it was or is it completely changed (or going to change tomorrow)?
    Doom doom doom doom doomy doomy doom doomy doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doomy doom

The Chloro Mantra : "My nukes are my heals... My nukes are my heals.... My nukes are my heals...."~ XtremElement

Champion of Telara

Everything is changing tomorrow.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Well i guess i picked a good time to come back and relearn the class =)

Rift Chaser

You can essentially break down the changes into these oversimplified statements:

1) Healing is split between AOE and Single Target healing. Can't do both at once

2) Healing is no longer passive. You have to constantly switch "veils" to decide if you need AOE or ST at that moment. You must be active to succeed.

3) Better Heals per Second, less Damage per Second
    Last edited by Kavrae; 06-21-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    You can essentially break down the changes into these oversimplified statements:

1) Healing is split between AOE and Single Target healing. Can't do both at once

2) Healing is no longer passive. You have to constantly switch "veils" to decide if you need AOE or ST at that moment. You must be active to succeed.

3) Better Heals per Second, less Damage per Second
    3 is not true.

Overall throughput is less than 1.2.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Anyanka View Post
    Hey all. I played all through beta, left after about 30 days into live due to PC issues, and am now coming back. I have a level 50 Chloro/Lock and have been trying to keep up with the changes since I left, but admittedly I'm a little behind on whats new, whats changed etc. Can anyone give me a quick run down on the Chloro rotation? Is Chloro/lock still the most common spec? Are Chloro's still mocked as healers like we were at launch? Have mages in generally been buffed any? Thanks ahead of time for any help/answers.

basically you cant bring a tank up from 20% to full health in one gcd anymore

Rift Disciple

Chlorolocks were putting out too much damage at the same time as putting out awesome group healing at the same time as landing big single target heals on the tank. Something had to give...

They've handed us a pretty big nerf. They've also given us a few new tools. These new tools don't make up for the drop in healing as much as fill in some pre-existing holes in our arsenal.

I believe the hybrid builds will still put out more AOE healing (and more damage) than a 51 chloro... but significantly less single target healing.

The concern is whether this hits us too hard in the 5-man instances or not. Lots of opinions abound but I think we'll see a lot of posts Thursday morning on how things go tomorrow. If it's an overnerf.... might be time to try something else for awhile (unless you have a raiding guild in which case this won't matter much).
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

Quote Originally Posted by tyresias View Post
    basically you cant bring a tank up from 20% to full health in one gcd anymore
    Sure you can, but only with Essence Surge now
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    Sure you can, but only with Essence Surge now
    Thanks for reminding me. I use it so rarely that I forgot about it. After tomorrow I will probably use it much more.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tyresias View Post
    Thanks for reminding me. I use it so rarely that I forgot about it. After tomorrow I will probably use it much more.
    I never did like that skill, but it may have its place now....

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    I never did like that skill, but it may have its place now....
    They removed the debuff. It's actually a nice "oh #!!%" skill now.
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

+ Reply to Thread