+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dear Mage Community

Exclamation Dear Mage Community

Please Think before you post.

These forums are clogged with negativity and plain stupidity.

QQ post that mages are useless, or that Pyro is OP in pvp, that the other dps classes have it better, how to play chloro, how Trion designs things without knowing or seeying the effects of their work, people asking the same questions that are answered in at least 5 other threads, people hyjacking threads and fill them with nonsense and tears of anguish and so on

For the few people who actually contribute to the community or are interested in thought-out theories, or people who have genuine questions that aren't answered already, or just some wardrobe show-and-tell, constructional posts of mage gameplay vs some other class, and so on, this is incredibly annoying!

So again, please think before you post! Please check if your question hasn't been answered already and if you have a thought, please think it through before making another nonsense post! Stop with the fuc.king Doom and Gloom!

Almost all things will be thouroughly tested and if they don't turn out good, they will be adressed. They won't leave the mage to be this useless class noone takes to raids. If there happens to be a problem, make a constructional post about it here or in the suggestions forums so that things can be looked into.

TLDR: Stop befouling the forums with nonsense, please!

Kind regards, Pendu
    Last edited by Pendu; 06-19-2011 at 05:30 AM.
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

aux

No, sorry.
    I'm so BORED

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    Stop with the ..... Doom and Gloom!
    You don't want people to tell the truth? Why sugarcoat the upcoming nerfs?

These changes are horrid, why pretend otherwise?
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-19-2011 at 05:37 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

I'm sorry Pendu, but there are people who are going to get emotionally invested in the mage class and express their opinions. Outside of downright hyperbole and trolling, you're expecting a bit much. If a forum isn't a place to express opinions, learn, and discuss topics (even if we disagree over the topic) then what's the point?
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

I'm not saying people should bend over and take it like it comes, I'm saying people cry all the freaking time about all sorts of things and most of the times it's not as bad as they make it sound.

Just look through the threads and you'll see what I mean. only a handful of people actually contribute to something useful, the rest is all whines and trolling, or people asking the same question over and over
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

I agree with OP but what you are asking for is the equivalent of asking for world peace; it would be wonderful if it were only attainable.

Champion

Understating or ignoring problems is not the answer. The amount of QQ threads is not a problem with the community as much as a problem with Trion not laying out a clear picture of what they want Mages to do. These 1.3 changes are all over the place, from Dominator not getting anything for PvE, to Chloro be tweaked (why?), to the overall nerf to our top DPS spec and the "buffs" that really didn't help buff much of anything.

That said, what many posts lack is actually thinking through the post before posting, and this only makes it harder for Trion. Every time someone posts "omg, Warriors are doing 2x more DPS than us" it makes it harder for Trion to actually get a picture of what's going on in the game. The fact that we're doing about 10-15% less than other DPS doesn't SOUND as bad, but that is information that is actually useful for Trion.

Hopefully they are receptive to the info, though.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    I'm not saying people should bend over and take it like it comes, I'm saying people cry all the freaking time about all sorts of things and most of the times it's not as bad as they make it sound.

Just look through the threads and you'll see what I mean. only a handful of people actually contribute to something useful, the rest is all whines and trolling, or people asking the same question over and over
    Good, then you should also have noticed that many of those aren't mages.
    I'm so BORED

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    You don't want people to tell the truth? Why sugarcoat the upcoming nerfs?

These changes are horrid, why pretend otherwise?
    It is not truth, it is OPINION. For the love of the gods I wish people could learn the difference between the two. You say you are a lawyer and don't know the difference between the two? Wait what am I saying of course you don't....lawyer.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmithington View Post
    I agree with OP but what you are asking for is the equivalent of asking for world peace; it would be wonderful if it were only attainable.
    Totally agree

+ Reply to Thread