+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Greater Essences

Plane Touched

Default Best Greater Essences

What are the two best greater essences for a DPS mage right now?
    Trion balances Rift around PvP because NPCs don't cry like little children when they get one-shotted.

Rift Disciple

have you seen the one that drops off the raid rifts? It's called adorned sourceshard. 175 spellpower proc. other than that, the other greaters that cost 50 inscribed sourcestones and are soul specific are awesome too, given which one you choose. haven't seen much better than those, although i DONT raid

All current Greater Essences are decidedly mediocre for mages with the exception of the Archon one.
    I don't have a link to the math but it has been proven that you're better running with six Lesser essences.
    In patch 1.3 the 10 Inscribed Sourcestone Lessers are getting buffed so they're even further ahead of the Greaters.
    Essentially all of the Mage epic Lessers are better than any of the Greaters.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    All current Greater Essences are decidedly mediocre for mages with the exception of the Archon one.
    I don't have a link to the math but it has been proven that you're better running with six Lesser essences.
    In patch 1.3 the 10 Inscribed Sourcestone Lessers are getting buffed so they're even further ahead of the Greaters.
    Essentially all of the Mage epic Lessers are better than any of the Greaters.
    Including necrotic rage?

Necrotic Rage gives 60sp for 15 seconds with a quite low proc rate.
    I'm not sure of the internal cooldown but most Greaters have an internal cd as long as or longer than their effect.
    There are 6 purchasable epic Lessers such as Mystic River and Pyro Spark which give ~36sp constantly*
    Assuming it had an icd of 15 secs it would need a quite a high proc rate.

My probability is a little rusty so I can't prove all the theory, but when the top Mage theoreticians are saying to use 6 epic Lessers and they have parses to back it up I tend to accept they know what they're talking about.

*This is their value of patch 1.3, these values will be roughly +/- 2 depending on your stats and build
    Nope.

Necrotic Rage gives 60sp for 15 seconds with a quite low proc rate.
    I'm not sure of the internal cooldown but most Greaters have an internal cd as long as or longer than their effect.
    There are 6 purchasable epic Lessers such as Mystic River and Pyro Spark which give ~36sp constantly*
    Assuming it had an icd of 15 secs it would need a quite a high proc rate.

My probability is a little rusty so I can't prove all the theory, but when the top Mage theoreticians are saying to use 6 epic Lessers and they have parses to back it up I tend to accept they know what they're talking about.

*This is their value of patch 1.3, these values will be roughly +/- 2 depending on your stats and build
    Well yo uare right and wrong, they don't all give 36SP overall most give 28~32 from the buyable ones. Sadly when you try to put in 6 just purely bought ones you will have to start using ones like Last Rites, which includes more Wis than Int. But from then you can just rift-drop the rest. Although I would argue just popping in a Crackling Crystal, which gives a massively ******ed 51 spellcrit on its own is probably worth a slot.
    I wouldn't say Necrotic Rage is a low proc rate, it definetly is higher than the proc rate of Adorned Shadestone.
    However I would say the only greaters I ever really cared for was Deep One Tear when I was running T1s/T2s. However as of late I just use 6 slots of lessers. This probably needs to be looked at be Trion if these are so terrible. I mean the level 50 spell crit one gives LESS than the raid-rift stone lessers that you can buy
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-19-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Sorry I did make some mistakes in my valuations of the buyable essences.
    I was using Equivalent Spellpower, most of them are 28-32 SP + ~15 Spell Crit (due to int) which is equivalent to ~4-5 sp

To the best of my knowledge (and every post I've seen) the lessers from Raid Rifts are not getting an upgrade, only the purchasable ones.

Whilst 32 raw Spell Crit sounds good its still inferior to the others which are rocking like 12-16 raw sp
    Roughly 1 Sp = 4 SC unless you have 3/3 Tempest then its 1:3

Last Rites does have more Wis than Int but because of its +14 sp its runs as roughly 4th BiS lesser

Do you mean Frozen Deep One Tear because that's a healing essence?

But I definitely agree that Trion needs to do something to boost Greater Essences, the only class that really uses them in a raiding environment are Healers and possibly some physical dps.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 06-19-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

As far as I can tell Necrotic Rage has a very short icd if any and it procs rather often for me.
    Trion balances Rift around PvP because NPCs don't cry like little children when they get one-shotted.

I can't speak for the adorned shadeshard since the bugfix, but I can say that I feel like im almost always in my lich-necrotic rage form... and if it has an internal cooldown it's less then the duration of the proc, because i've definitely refreshed my rage buff while it was still up.

Plane Touched

I just had Necrotic proc with 3 seconds of it ending so I would say it has no icd.

Ascendant

To the best of my knowledge (and every post I've seen) the lessers from Raid Rifts are not getting an upgrade, only the purchasable ones.
    Raid Rift dropped items, dropped essences, and merchant-bought essences have been upgraded!
    - Essences obtained from Expert Rifts (dropped and store-bought) have been upgraded.
    - Raid Rift essences have been improved in power.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Maybe one day, They will give Defiants Necrotic Rage. You can even have the necklaces we get from the quest. But, please dont mention we get that ****ty *** stealth trinket that lets anyone level 50 see us from 20m away.
    Repine

Maybe one day, They will give Defiants Necrotic Rage. You can even have the necklaces we get from the quest. But, please dont mention we get that ****ty *** stealth trinket that lets anyone level 50 see us from 20m away.
    This is the reason I can't test Necrotic Rage, I rolled Defiant like a boss.
    Any chance some with it could do a series of parses and link them so we could get a decent idea of the proc rate and confirm whether or not it has an icd?

Raid Rift dropped items, dropped essences, and merchant-bought essences have been upgraded!
    - Essences obtained from Expert Rifts (dropped and store-bought) have been upgraded.
    - Raid Rift essences have been improved in power.
    Can you provide a link to where you saw that please?
    I've only been able to find the picture comparing purchasable essences between 1.2 and 1.3

This chap here seems to be saying that on PTS the purchasable lessers now cost 20 Inscribed Sourcestone and 2K planarite.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/archive/i...t-202315.html?
    I'd recommend buying them asap if you can, I think I'm just going to sneak in my 5th one Tuesday night!
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 06-19-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Nope.

Ascendant

This is the reason I can't test Necrotic Rage, I rolled Defiant like a boss.
    Any chance some with it could do a series of parses and link them so we could get a decent idea of the proc rate and confirm whether or not it has an icd?

I've only been able to find the picture comparing purchasable essences between 1.2 and 1.3
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-6-13-11-Build
    Last edited by TheRealKillian; 06-19-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Plane Touched

It's in the patch notes.

The purchasable ones were the first to be buffed and since you can see them at a vendor it was leaked pretty early.

The dropped ones were later announced with patch notes release which is probably why no one has comparisons yet.
    Charizard
    I've kissed a girl irl - u jelly?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast