+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: More PST 1.3 DPS testing

Champion

Default More PST 1.3 DPS testing

Don't focus too much on the actual DPS numbers because the Source Engine that I used means my unbuffed stats were higher than what is currently possible on Live.

Still, you can compare between the builds. Since I tested so many builds, most of the tests I only ran once unless I felt like I got a weird number, then I would run it 3-4 times.

http://unstablerift.com/?q=node/877

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Great write-ups. Thank you.

They basically boil down to. In our best case scenario, we're doing right around half of what a warrior is putting out on the same dummies.
    Last edited by Verodio; 06-18-2011 at 07:48 AM.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Quote Originally Posted by Verodio View Post
    Great write-ups. Thank you.

They basically boil down to. In our best case scenario, we're doing right around half of what a warrior is putting out on the same dummies.
    Yep. Why in god's name anyone would take a mage to do DPS in a raid at this point is beyond me.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

1200-1400 dps is not half of what warriors are doing. Quit making stuff up. If you bothered to parse any warriors or even briefly look over some threads in the class forum, you'd realize our best spec is lucky to break 1300, and that's with a single spec that will be forced to roll on rogue gear (in other words, no one will be doing good dps with any spec because our only "good" one needs weapons no warrior has right now on live).

Aside the fact our current PTS dps is roughly equal--what's the point of taking mdps when rdps puts up similar numbers without any of the potential downside and risk? What drugs are you guys on? Why should mages have better dps than melee? That makes zero sense.

This is what Trion gets for spoiling the entire calling for 4 months. Now almost everyone except Bluedot has been talking about mages and the Apocalypse in the same sentence ad infinitum for a week now. Roll a different class? L2P? Mages were, are and will be the best damage class in pvp, and will most likely be even better raid dps.
    Last edited by Sawdomite; 06-18-2011 at 08:48 AM.

I'd imagine with an archon Pryo/ele would do better than BS/SC since, if I'm correct, the global cooldown doesn't get lowered with burning purpose. However, in fights with a lot of movement (a lot of them) BS/SC or even the basic SC/Ele rotation would perform better.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

The IE reset from Heat Wave is not a bug ;)

And really nice to see Necro being a bit better now, gonna have to give that a few tries when I get home tomorrow as I've been in love with it since I first rolled a mage in early beta. Just been annoyed at it not being viable for raid dps.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdomite View Post
    1200-1400 dps is not half of what warriors are doing. Quit making stuff up. If you bothered to parse any warriors or even briefly look over some threads in the class forum, you'd realize our best spec is lucky to break 1300, and that's with a single spec that will be forced to roll on rogue gear (in other words, no one will be doing good dps with any spec because our only "good" one needs weapons no warrior has right now on live).

Aside the fact our current PTS dps is roughly equal--what's the point of taking mdps when rdps puts up similar numbers without any of the potential downside and risk? What drugs are you guys on? Why should mages have better dps than melee? That makes zero sense.

This is what Trion gets for spoiling the entire calling for 4 months. Now almost everyone except Bluedot has been talking about mages and the Apocalypse in the same sentence ad infinitum for a week now. Roll a different class? L2P? Mages were, are and will be the best damage class in pvp, and will most likely be even better raid dps.
    1. We don't have a spec doing 1400.
    2. There are warriors doing 2-2.5k. We can see it on our parsers as well.
    3. Don't get mad about it bro, you know it's not gonna last so enjoy it while it does but don't shoot yourself when it gets scaled back.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Go ahead and post the parses.

Champion

There aren't any Warriors or Rogues doing that in Raid 1 gear on dummies.

However, most of our builds are a good 200+ DPS short of what they ARE doing. And that is only magnified in Raids where overall damage is mostly increased by percentages.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 06-18-2011 at 09:19 AM.

There aren't any warriors or rogues doing that on any dummies with any gear. You're about 800-1200 dps off. I've never seen such ridiculous hyperbole on the Rift forums before. Guess that's what happens when you take away baby's bottle.
    Last edited by Sawdomite; 06-18-2011 at 09:21 AM.

1. We don't have a spec doing 1400.
    3. Don't get mad about it bro, you know it's not gonna last so enjoy it while it does but don't shoot yourself when it gets scaled back.
    As much as he trolls the forums, you'd think he'd know who to go to in the warrior community for that information if he really is that ignorant.

Go talk to kitsmuffin. I'm the archon that helped him get the 2.5k DPS parse.

I'm beyond sick of this guy. How he hasn't been forum banned I have no idea.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 06-18-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Shadowlander

Thx for the data Wraith. Glad to see they managed to even out our speccs and actually give us a choice. Of course some will do better under movement than others and scaling may be an issue later on too, but what we get there is some nice balance among our DD-Souls.

What remains to be seen is how we compare to the others classes, but the well-grounded numbers I've seen so far based on R1-Gear seems to indicate Trion assembles the DDs around 1.1-1.2kdps.
    Last edited by Pyrophoria; 06-18-2011 at 09:29 AM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2634912

Here's the link with the warrior parses, courtesy of KitsMCMuffin. (misspelled his name earlier, doh!)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2634912

Here's the link with the warrior parses, courtesy of KitsMCMuffin. (misspelled his name earlier, doh!)
    I'm not surprised by that parse, honestly.

I'm not sure what my Mage could pull in the same situation, but I doubt anything near that. I'll parse some Raid 2 gear later today, but I won't have raid buffs.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 06-18-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    I'm not surprised by that parse, honestly.

I'm not sure what my Mage could pull in the same situation, but I doubt anything near that. I'll parse some Raid 2 gear later today, but I won't have raid buffs.
    Even his tier 1 parse (the glyphed stuff) was over 2k. Good luck hitting that on the test dummy, which we all agree is only reflective of a perfect DPS scenario that doesn't ever really happen for us with varying degrees of movement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast