+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro Deadly Plague/Deathly Calling stacking seems buggy

Soulwalker

Question Necro Deadly Plague/Deathly Calling stacking seems buggy

I've noticed that in the current patch (1.2.1 HF5) that the effect of Necromancer's Deadly Plauge skill to provie a chance for extra stacks of Deathly Callling when casting Plauge Bolt, seems bugged.

Character is only lvl 15 so not sure how much impact this have on advanced builds. Here's the issue:

I have 3 ranks in Deadly Plague, which is supposed to create a 60% chance of a Plague Bolt applying an extra stack of Deathly Calling (2 instead of 1). However - it seems that something is causing it to either never process (always 1 stack), or always process (always 2 stacks - not a bad thing, but wrong).

I have noticed on several occasions over the past few days whenPlague Bolt is constantly giving only 1 stack - across dozens and dozens of sequential casts, far too many for it to just be the random 40% 'no process' rate. However, if I take some 'resetting' action like logging out/logging back in, or spending earned skill points/saving tree, or dying/rezzing - the problem stops, and the Deadly Plague will start processing giving an extra stack of Deathly Calling - but when it starts, it's then at 100% probability, you get the extra stack on every case of Plague Bolt! Again, dozens and dozens of casts squentiallly, always resulting in 2 stacks (unless 4 were already applied in which case only one more is possible).

I am not completely sure what precipitating event(s) cause the effect to "go dormant" and what subsequent 'resets' then causes it to go to 100%, but there is definitely something buggy going on with Deadly Plague's processing chance. Anyone else seeing this problem or know if it has been around before the current patch?

Thanks!

Plane Touched

dont use plague bolt - problem solved.

Soulwalker

Haha - true - but that's assuming my only concern is min-maxing my character's DPS. I'm actually trying to provide some constructive feedback to identify/verify bugs that need to be fixed.

Whether Plague Bolt and skills that modify it and/or the impact of Deathly Calling stacks is an entirely different discussion, it's pretty clear the concensus on DPS for Necro-locks is VB over PB.

Who knows, maybe they will nerf VB in a future patch or buff the Plague Bolt build - in which case, not having bugs in Deadly Plauge would be a good thing.

While it's true if you're spamming PB over VB you're doing it wrong with the buffs I wanted to test throwing 1x PB into my rotation just to keep up DC for pet. With the bug it's not even worth trying to test
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    While it's true if you're spamming PB over VB you're doing it wrong with the buffs I wanted to test throwing 1x PB into my rotation just to keep up DC for pet. With the bug it's not even worth trying to test
    on the PTS whilst spamming plague bolt in r6 gear as deep necro I was getting 1050 dps on average, 1150-odd sp, 800-odd crit and 125-odd focus, but with voids it's prolly better. I just don't like not getting any benefit from burning purpose ;(
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    on the PTS whilst spamming plague bolt in r6 gear as deep necro I was getting 1050 dps on average, 1150-odd sp, 800-odd crit and 125-odd focus, but with voids it's prolly better. I just don't like not getting any benefit from burning purpose ;(
    you say R6 gear (which makes me think full relic gear) then you say 1150 Sp... I'm confused.

If the bug gets fixed and it starts applying 2 stacks like it's supposed to I'll probably work it into my rotation. If it doesn't.... ....
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

+ Reply to Thread