+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro damage so low? has it been nerfed?

Plane Touched

Default Pyro damage so low? has it been nerfed?

Hi all

I have noticed that my pyro does around 30% less damage. My fireball used to hit for around 700-850, but now it barely hits for 500. I hit a rogue for 500, and at the same time i got hit 3 times by rogue for around 500 damage.

With the more nerf coming, i guess mage would be a useless class as it is now.
    Just my though.

Plane Touched

Man pyro was the only class that could fairly compete with other classess, now being nerfed.. I guess time to play crysis 2.
    The main problem with pyro dps was the redball, with that being fixed, there was no need to nerf pyro..
    I just had a round in whiteful, got killed few time, but I couldn't even kill a single solo target. I was hitting the target for 500 and in return i was getting hit for around 800-1200 by rogue..

Anyway everything will perish, so will pyro..

Pyro skills were lowered in PVP, so if you hit a player or player's pet, you'll do a bit less than if you hit an NPC enemy.

On the bright side, your damage was increased against PvE encounters.

Plane Touched

I don't play pve anymore, i got sick of playing with dead AI controlled mobs..
    the bright side is as dead as the pvp for me..

Trion doesn't know how to balance apparently. The pyro changes are pretty fail.
    Bluntski - The Fallen Sons - Prestige 8 Mage

Ascendant

like wtf does trion think when they go nerfing

"hey guyz, 20% DMG DECREASE no matter what = balance"
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Default Typical, Gaming company response

Bravo, trion, for perpetuation of MMO lore,
    nerfing a part of the game due to Forum crybabies!
    Take a baseball bat to kill a Fly.

The outcry for nerfing Pyros, storms, was because of the red ball, Dmg bonus.
    Youv'e already nerfed that, so the red ball is now useless , way to go,
    let's look at the sucess that the Red ball nerf has done:

The Evil Red Ball:? a Mind of it's own? no, it randomly spawned on random players? no
    OIC, yes, the red-ball was:
    * only available to mages/one class, no?
    *only available to one faction/Side, no?
    *only available to one Race?, no? ah thats thye they called it the Bhami ball? not!
    *People were too lazy to get the red ball & wanted to cry when someone else got it & they didn't=yes. boo hoo, TOO BAD! omg go cry in a tweet, LOOSER! they hurt my feelings, boo hoo

On the Flip side of the Red Ball:
    Did control of the red ball add to game play strategy? yes!,,,
    Could it change the tide of battle? possibly!\yes
    Did players fight/race to get contol of it? yes!
    In Gaming we call that a power up, but now its more like a take it or leave it.
    A win for mediocrity!!!!

Well lets go the rest of the way & not keep score too, cause everyones a winner,
    Wheee, huggers at the end of the race for everyone!....
    So Trion, you nerfed the red ball why again??????

Actually pyros with the 20% nerf isn't even enough it needs more nerfing. Check out my pyro vids I just added. Also fireball is the last thing I would even cast. Pretty much have intant procs up the whole warfront some times.
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-17-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    Actually pyros with the 20% nerf isn't even enough it needs more nerfing. Check out my pyro vids I just added. Also fireball is the last thing I would even cast. Pretty much have intant procs up the whole warfront some times.
    hey look, a troll. why don't you post this crap in the pvp forums instead of mage forums?

go away.

Soulwalker

Since redball nerf was hotfix couple weeks ago or so. It really makes me wonder have trion done ANY datamining and analyzing pvp data after that. How many oneshots etc.
    I personally feel like red ball was bit overkill with pyros atleast but now its been fixed and atleast myself isnt oneshotting anybody anymore. True that fulimate+inferno+fireblast kills pretty fast players who doesnt have any pvp gear but then again any rogue/warrior kills me as fast too.

Against r6 players usually fuliminate+fireblast isnt even enough to drop their hp enough for inferno.

I really feel that ppl just took screenshot on rare situations and qq about them. Like its end of the world to get oneshotted once now and then. I get ganked by rogues (without time to react) usually many times in single wf and i dont cry about it. Let them have their stealthfun and let us have our glassturrets.

Banned

It wasn't just the redball.

Plane Touched

Considering we're also losing 15% crit damage from witchstones our crit damage will drop quite a bit with the new nerfs aswell.
    Charizard
    I've kissed a girl irl - u jelly?

+ Reply to Thread